Trump Cuts Disability & Social Security Benefits

Trump Outlines a Significant Social Security Cut in His 2020 Budget | The Motley Fool
"Trump's budget proposal for fiscal 2020 aims to halve the amount of retroactive pay disabled persons can recover to six months from 12 months. Doing so would reduce program outlays by $3.61 billion between 2020 and 2024, and almost $10 billion on the dot, in aggregate, over the next decade."

These people are already eligible for up to 12 months of workers compensation and/or STATE disability payments.

A lot of people with disabilities are already barely getting by.

I'm certainly not supporting Trump in 2020, with this news.
You certainly would not vote for him under any situation.

Disability is the welfare portion of SS and we need to stop it.

Not only is it tremendously fraudulently used but it is the wrong use for the money that suppose to be collected for retirement.

The best thing to do is to phase out SS but in the meantime lets at least stop the disability welfare part of it.

Trump is the Man!

It's collected for both, retirement and disability. Your FICA tax is what funds it--not your SS contributions, although SS payouts are also supported by FICA.

Right, it all comes out of the same payroll tax collection.

The greatest president of all time proves he is the man for the job by continuing to take benefits from those who need it the most the Elderly and Disabled. He continues to propose more spending cuts on these programs. The republicans really know how to save money, screw the people in this country who need those benefits the most the Elderly and Disabled. And I have to pat them on the back for making more disabled people have to go through more hoops just to get their benefits; review boards every few years to prove they really have a disability and aren't faking it or no longer need the money. We all know too many people in wheelchairs, on crutches, the blind, the deaf, the mentally retarded, and mentally ill are freeloaders and don't really need that money the government gives them. So many are just faking it after all. We also know way too many seniors are living high hog on those outrageously high social security checks they get, we need to slash those too.

I remember a woman I met who was disabled in wheelchair for severe back problems and deaf getting repeatedly denied disability benefits in her "Republican" state she lived in. She had to talk to the people denying her benefits through an interpreter who used sign language. It took 3 times going in person to try to get her benefits, writing letters to congressman, having doctors call in person stating why she needs these benefits, submitting medical records, and many months of stress. I specially remember a lady telling her over the phone "well I am disabled and I don't need benefits, I can work. Just because your disabled mam doesn't mean your entitled to benefits."

I remember all the loopholes and stress that poor woman had to go through just to get her benefits. Now the Republicans want these disabled American's to go through even more loopholes and stress just to get the benefits they need because too many Americans are faking a disability. So just to save some money we have to subject those disabled Americans who truly need those benefits too all this stress and hardship just to receive their benefits. Brilliant plan Republicans! Just Brilliant!
There are a lot more people who can demand government payments by your criteria. Adding trillions to our budget. Right or wrong this is going to be an albatross until the Obama pain pill is instituted as the law.

Not only is it tremendously fraudulently used but it is the wrong use for the money that suppose to be collected for retirement.

The best thing to do is to phase out SS but in the meantime lets at least stop the disability welfare part of it.

Trump is the Man!

Having a best friend who depends on Social Security Disability, due to Autism, Bi Polar disorder, and a 63 IQ.

I'm not really feeling Trump, and his idiotic supporters at this rate.

The idea that some kind Americans should just die on the streets, because they can't work because of a disability is not just amoral.

It actually not even logical, considering the money goes back into the economy into consumerism.

I am sorry but if you want disability insurance you should go buy it.

It is not my responsibility to pay for your disability. It is your responsibility.

When they take funds from SS to pay it then they are robbing somebody else of their retirement funds because the filthy government makes you pay into SS.

However, the best thing is not have SS or any forced government entitlement.

I'm not on disability, but my best friend is because he can't work.

Why should we let people who can't work just be homeless dying in the streets?

You're obviously very immoral, and illogical.

Social Security disability is spent back into the economy, which is more than can be said about most of the net worth of Trillionaires.

Forget about going to war in Iraq, I'm more concerned with going to war with the USA South.

I completely despise people in the Southern states, who impact my life far more negatively than Iraq ever did.

The South pays less taxes so we in the North have to pick up the tab, the South takes more in funds, and hand outs, goes to silly wars which kill Americans, and cause debt.

All you gave us in return is your Negro population, and that gift sucks & blows.

I hate your rabble of thuggish brute Protestants& British savages South of the Mason Dixon line.

Trump is the Man!

My friend has a 63 IQ, and knows that Trump is an obnoxious snake.

I don't really know what to say, but that you must be more of a retard than he is.

LOL. I suspect the average IQ of most Trump haters would be about 63, if that high.

Anybody who worships Trump must be more than a little retarded.

Just like anybody who worships Obama must be more than a little retarded.

A lot of people are just genetic trash, I suspect you're most certainly a retard in terms of IQ & even more so EQ, or Emotional Intelligence.

Trump is the Man!

Having a best friend who depends on Social Security Disability, due to Autism, Bi Polar disorder, and a 63 IQ.

The idea that some kind Americans should just die on the streets, because they can't work because of a disability is not just amoral.

It actually not even logical, considering the money goes back into the economy into consumerism.

It is not my responsibility to pay for your disability. It is your responsibility.

When they take funds from SS to pay it then they are robbing somebody else of their retirement funds because the filthy government makes you pay into SS.

Social Security disability is spent back into the economy, which is more than can be said about most of the net worth of Trillionaires.

Forget about going to war in Iraq, I'm more concerned with going to war with the USA South.

I completely despise people in the Southern states, who impact my life far more negatively than Iraq ever did.

The South pays less taxes so we in the North have to pick up the tab, the South takes more in funds, and hand outs, goes to silly wars which kill Americans, and cause debt.

All you gave us in return is your Negro population, and that gift sucks & blows.

I hate your rabble of thuggish brute Protestants& British savages South of the Mason Dixon line.

It is your responsibility to pay your bills and my responsibility to pay mine.

It is oppressive to have the filthy government take the money that I earn by force and give it to you to pay your bills.

I don't have any respect for people that think they have an entitlement to use the filthy government to steal my money to pay their bills. That is thievery and it is immoral.

Trump is the Man!

It is oppressive to have the filthy government take the money that I earn by force and give it to you to pay your bills.

I don't have any respect for people that think they have an entitlement to use the filthy government to steal my money to pay their bills. That is thievery and it is immoral.

LOL, my household made an income of approx $300,000 last year.
We don't have a problem with paying for legit claims of disability.
Why?
Because we have sense, unlike extreme Individualists who lack sense.

People who can't work is what we're talking about.

Disability is pretty tough to get, many people wait years for it before a court.
Most people are rejected the first time, and then have to lawyer up.

Much of the homelessness in America is caused by people awaiting social security disability.

Being an Individualist is basically being a thoughtless savage without feelings, or commonsense.

Considering that the benefits of disability are spent back into the economy, anyways.

An economy is actually a collective, an organism of different roles, including between consumers propping up owners, and owners propping up consumers.

So, you might want more homeless, and dying people in the streets, because you're a fool.

I actually understand consumerism, and taking care of my fellow man.

PS.
I'm going to college for a Mental Health worker, and maybe onto Arts Therapy.
They've already gotten us involved with the field, pretty intensely.

Without Social Security disability many mentally ill will be out on the streets.
(Of course thicko Republicans would complain about that)

Without Medicaid, many mentally ill won't be able to get medicines for their mental illness, or be able to go to programs which help them.
(Of course thicko Republicans would complain about them causing issues from not being taken care of)

Individualism has no place in reality, its a primitive trait, and I don't respect such heartless idiots..

Trump is the Man!

How is it your money and not theirs? You do realize you have to have been working for quite some time before making a claim, don't you? In other words, we are all forced on this program whether we like it or not, and we all pay for it whether we like it or not.

Since there is nothing we can do about that, then collecting if needed is not theft of any kind. The government took your (and your employers on your behalf) money to provide that coverage, just like insurance companies do. Since you were forced into the system, why not collect from the system if needed?

Trump is the Man!

Why?

Disability is pretty tough to get, many people wait years for it before a court.

Much of the homelessness in America is caused by people awaiting social security disability.

Being an Individualist is basically being a thoughtless savage without feelings, or commonsense.

Considering that the benefits of disability are spent back into the economy, anyways.

An economy is actually a collective, an organism of different roles, including between consumers propping up owners, and owners propping up consumers.

So, you might want more homeless, and dying people in the streets, because you're a fool.

PS.

Without Social Security disability many mentally ill will be out on the streets.

Without Medicaid, many mentally ill won't be able to get medicines for their mental illness, or be able to go to programs which help them.
(Of course thicko Republicans would complain about them causing issues from not being taken care of)

Individualism has no place in reality, its a primitive trait, and I don't respect such heartless idiots..

I don't give a shit if you are one of these dumbasses that thinks is dandy that the government steals your money and then gives it away to somebody else. Your a fucking moron but hey, you aren't the only moron in the country.

I'll be responsible for my disabilty and your friend can be responsible for his and we leave the government out of it. How does that sound Sport? It is called Liberty. Something you Moon Bats hate more than anything.

Why?

PS.

I don't give a shit if you are one of these dumbasses that thinks is dandy that the government steals your money and then gives it away to somebody else. Your a fucking moron but hey, you aren't the only moron in the country.

I'll be responsible for my disabilty and your friend can be responsible for his and we leave the government out of it. How does that sound Sport? It is called Liberty. Something you Moon Bats hate more than anything.

If we want to make cuts, why not start with the military?

A few years back 48% or nearly 1 half of the World's military budget was spent by the United States.
Are we trying to defend ourselves, or take over the entire World?

Besides, our biggest threat is from within at this point, groups like Illegals, Blacks, Islamic refugees, and Republican vs Democrat.

If we lose it, it will be by chaotic civil war, or by submissive immigration.

Another Individualist & Capitalist FAILURE.

PS.
How is someone who physically, or mentally can't work, supposed to take care of themselves?

That's a very goofy statement.

Typical idiotic, and heartless Individualist savages.

Why?

PS.

It is called Liberty. Something you Moon Bats hate more than anything.

Most of the World, and most people aren't too fond of Liberty.

Even Republicans aren't, they're just to stupid to know better.

Like is it the Liberty of people to have Abortions, get a Gay Marriage, hire Illegal Immigrants, or hire Muslim refugees?
Is it the Liberty of people to sell Pornography, or sell their bodies in Prostitution?
Or what about sellers of Illicit drugs is that a reasonable Liberty?

[

I have a pretty good income also. I would also have more spendable income that I earned myself if the filthy immoral government didn't steal it from me to pay other people's bills.

Welfare is immoral. It is state sponsored thievery.

[

I have a pretty good income also. I would also have more spendable income that I earned myself if the filthy immoral government didn't steal it from me to pay other people's bills.

LOL, I'd rather pay for someone with a disability to keep them off the streets, and living,, and as consumers.
Rather than paying for a bunch of military wars, bombs, tanks, and so forth.
Now that's more immoral.

We could cut our military funding in half, and still would be the #1 spender of military funding in the World.

I don't quite grasp, why so many people calling for ending disability, or medicaid etc. are also calling for more & more military, and war.

Typical dregs, and thoughtless, heartless Individualist brutes.

[

LOL, I'd rather pay for someone with a disability to keep them off the streets, and living,, and as consumers.
Now that's more immoral.

We could cut our military funding in half, and still would be the #1 spender of military funding in the World.

I don't quite grasp, why so many people calling for ending disability, or medicaid etc. are also calling for more & more military, and war.

I don't want to pay for jackshit.

I'll reluctantly pay my fair share of necessary collective government services like defense, courts, police, etc providing the money is spent in a fiscal responsible way and everybody else pays their share. I don't mind paying for roads because there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. However, no money to the welfare queens.

That goes for all kinds welfare like when that asshole Obama gave tens of billions to corporations. That also goes for foreign welfare.

No welfare, bailouts, grants, subsidies or entitlements.

[

Now that's more immoral.

I'll reluctantly pay my fair share of necessary collective government services like defense, courts, police, etc providing the money is spent in a fiscal responsible way and everybody else pays their share. I don't mind paying for roads because there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. However, no money to the welfare queens.

That goes for all kinds welfare like when that asshole Obama gave tens of billions to corporations. That also goes for foreign welfare.

The mentally ill population without Social Security Disability will be out on the streets, without Medicaid they'll be out on the streets without medications.

That's a good thing?
Really?

So a massive increase of homeless, talking to themselves on the streets, with Psychosis, Mania, and Depression causing issues on the streetcorner is a good thing?

I'll bet you that you'd complain about that too.
LOL!
Wow, such brilliance.

Individualists are generally outliers of civilized society, people who are misfits, socially awkward, mentally idiotic etc.

[

Now that's more immoral.

The mentally ill population without Social Security Disability will be out on the streets, without Medicaid they'll be out on the streets without medications.

That's a good thing?

LOL!
Wow, such brilliance.

Individualists are generally outliers of civilized society, people who are misfits, socially awkward, mentally idiotic etc.

If you want to help the mentally ill then you do so to your heart's consent. If you want to help your friend on disability then do so as much as you please. Leave me out of it.

I am quite capable of determining how I want to help other people and I don't need some filthy corrupt stupid politician, who was elected by special interest groups, stealing my money through the government.

By the way I give very generously to charity. Probably a lot more than you do. I believe what the Bile teaches that charity should come from the heart, church and family, not the filthy government.

I want the liberty of deciding what to do with the money that I earn. Not some stupid greedy asshole using the filthy government to decide for me.

I feel sorry for you dullard collective commie assholes that have no understanding of individual liberty.

[

Now that's more immoral.

That's a good thing?

LOL!
Wow, such brilliance.

If you want to help the mentally ill then you do so to your heart's consent. If you want to help your friend on disability then do so as much as you please. Leave me out of it.

I am quite capable of determining how I want to help other people and I don't need some filthy corrupt stupid politician, who was elected by special interest groups, stealing my money through the government.

By the way I give very generously to charity. Probably a lot more than you do. I believe what the Bile teaches that charity should come from the heart, church and family, not the filthy government.

I want the liberty of deciding what to do with the money that I earn. Not some stupid greedy asshole using the filthy government to decide for me.

I feel sorry for you dullard collective commie assholes that have no understanding of individual liberty.

So, you don't mind a major increase in homelessness on the streets, crime, murder, rape, people talking to themselves, or dying on the streets etc.?

Hmm, you must be very socially & mentally detached, a typical Individualist. LOL

I don't see much of an issue, because actually Social Security Disability pumps back into the economy, when they spend in consumerism.

The problem in this country IS Individualism & Capitalism.

I'm NOT a Commie, but rather on the Authoritarian Right, basically a Fascist.

The Illegal Immigrant issue, the Outsourcing issue, are Capitalist, Liberty, and Individualist issues.

We're falling apart because Sh(t Brit Protestants are out of their minds, Individualists are lesser beast idiotic savages.

Now that's more immoral.

That's a good thing?

LOL!
Wow, such brilliance.

So, you don't mind a major increase in homelessness on the streets, crime, murder, rape, people talking to themselves, or dying on the streets etc.?

Hmm, you must be very socially & mentally detached, a typical Individualist. LOL

I don't see much of an issue, because actually Social Security Disability pumps back into the economy, when they spend in consumerism.

The Illegal Immigrant issue, the Outsourcing issue, are Capitalist, Liberty, and Individualist issues.

We're falling apart because Sh(t Brit Protestants are out of their minds, Individualists are lesser beast idiotic savages.

You are confused about this.

I believe that if we have Liberty then we will all will be better off in the long run.

I want the option of helping the people that I feel deserve help, not a government bureaucrat deciding for me. I am quite capable of doing that myself.

You obviously don't understand the concept of individual liberal so you are never going to get it.

I feel sorry for you.

Now that's more immoral.

That's a good thing?

LOL!
Wow, such brilliance.

You are confused about this.

I believe that if we have Liberty then we will all will be better off in the long run.

I want the option of helping the people that I feel deserve help, not a government bureaucrat deciding for me. I am quite capable of doing that myself.

You obviously don't understand the concept of individual liberal so you are never going to get it.

I feel sorry for you.

So, the liberty is helping us, by Crapitalists being able to harm America, by pushing for massive illegal immigration undercutting wages, and undermining taxes
and
the liberty is benefiting us, when the Crapitalist are mass outsourcing jobs, and facility tax base to China.

Both our disastrous issues, being threats to our livelihood, in terms of jobs, job security, tax base, and even national security by bolstering a hostile China towards us, and a hostile illegal Mexican fifth column.

Bravo, what a winning agenda. (Rolls eyes)

You Individualists just are shortsighted idiots.

[Q

You Individualists just are shortsighted idiots.

Yea, that is what the British thought.

Also the Communists.

Government sucks, a welfare state sucks even more.

This stupid idea that the government is better at spending the money that you make than you are yourself is absolute loony tunes and destructive as hell. It destroys nations left and right.

Of course I wouldn't expect you to understand. Moon Bats don't know any more about Economics than they know about History, Climate Science, Ethics, the Constitution or Biology.

Forum List

Back