CDZ Trump 'Could' Issue Dozens of Pardons in His Last Day?

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020

Or maybe he won't and instead rely on the rule of law being upheld and demanded by his suppporters and the political right.

The question: Will the Scotus not take on the question of charged co-conspirators and decide in their favour?
and
Will Biden even dare to bring charges against Trump's friends and the faithful to Trump?

We could have just mere hours to make suggestions on these questions.

I will suggest that there will be many fewer pardons issued by Trump than the Democrats are predicting.

If this thread can stand here in the CDZ until tomorrow night, then I would suggest it can be taken down then.

So far as I've read in his almost exclusive meetings about that subject this week, he's been talked out of pardoning himself, his kids, anybody involved with the January 6th riot, and any Republicans who might have stoked the riots. Mostly because that would inflame Republican anger and affect his upcoming impeachment.

So far as I've read in his almost exclusive meetings about that subject this week, he's been talked out of pardoning himself, his kids, anybody involved with the January 6th riot, and any Republicans who might have stoked the riots. Mostly because that would inflame Republican anger and affect his upcoming impeachment.
Thanks Jack! That's news to me. It's getting so close to time running out for Trump.
And not to suggest another attempte revolution isn't possible. There could be a big surprise in the making, brought to the American people by their National guard themselves!
Other regular military presense is on duty at the Capitol and I suspect that helicopter gunships will be in the air over the proceedings.

Biden has been in politics for more than 50 years. He isn't going to charge Trump any more than he was going to extradite Bush and Cheney to The Hague for War Crimes in 2009.

Public trials give the accused a public forum and a chance to defend themselves.

The last thing that Sleepy Joe or his handlers want is to hand Donald J. Trump a microphone after he leaves office.

Biden has been in politics for more than 50 years. He isn't going to charge Trump any more than he was going to extradite Bush and Cheney to The Hague for War Crimes in 2009.

Public trials give the accused a public forum and a chance to defend themselves.

The last thing that Sleepy Joe or his handlers want is to hand Donald J. Trump a microphone after he leaves office.

Biden has already said that the DOJ will go back to functioning as it did before Trump. As an independent body. Not a political arm of the White House. It will be interesting to see what Garland has in store. However, I suspect that there will be plenty of US Attorneys lining up to consider charges against the Trump administration. That's not even counting what the Manhattan DA or the NYS AG might be looking at. Then, there are the civil lawsuits.

Biden has already said that the DOJ will go back to functioning as it did before Trump. As an independent body. Not a political arm of the White House. It will be interesting to see what Garland has in store. However, I suspect that there will be plenty of US Attorneys lining up to consider charges against the Trump administration. That's not even counting what the Manhattan DA or the NYS AG might be looking at. Then, there are the civil lawsuits.
???? I think of Holder and Lynch and how they were an extension of the Whitehouse.

Every President issues pardons. This is nothing new.

Obama issued pardons to over 200 and commuted the sentences of 1700 others.

Also, on his last day in office, he tried to sneak millions of dollars to The Palestinians to help them kill Jews.

???? I think of Holder and Lynch and how they were an extension of the Whitehouse.
[/QUOTE]

On issues that were important to Trump and his criminal behavioiur, Barr did as Trump directed. Trump just wasn't smart enough to hide it. Or, he didn't want to hide it because he was all about causing trouble where there wasn't already trouble. There's little chance that Garland won't do the same.

Does anybody really believe that the DOJ isn't corrupted by the whims of the political power of the moment?

On issues that were important to Trump and his criminal behavioiur, Barr did as Trump directed. Trump just wasn't smart enough to hide it. Or, he didn't want to hide it because he was all about causing trouble where there wasn't already trouble. There's little chance that Garland won't do the same.

Does anybody really believe that the DOJ isn't corrupted by the whims of the political power of the moment?
[/QUOTE]
I don't think I can respond to your post in the CDZ. You have to many personal assumptions that would need to be called out.

[/QUOTE]
What criminal behavior are you referencing here? Be specific.

Questionable whether he still holds that power, but hey

"and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment."

Forum List

Back