Trump considers panel to review complaints of anticonservative bias on social media

When they claimed they are disseminator of content and immune to lawsuits. This is the crux of this whole thing.
This is a point you will have to make a hundred times before it's realized that Colfax just doesn't give a shit.
He will repeat a lie over and over and over again.
Ha! The law is on my side. You’re attempting to make a distinction that doesn’t exist in law. No internet company is considered the speaker of content provided by users regardless of their policies on content removal.

That’s section 230 of the CDA. Publisher/platform distinctions do not exist for this setting.

Conservatives are now fans of the Fairness Doctrine. Imagine that.
I'm a fan of the Bill of Rights. And leftists as usual are fans of Chinese style authoritarianism because their message can be sent out and no one can mess with it.
Imagine that.

If you are for the 2nd Amendment or limits on abortion, boom...you are expelled.
If you think the Covid pandemic has been largely an exercise in authoritarin over reach.....boom, you are out!
If you believe our voting system must not be manipulated or breached boom....you will be silenced.

The Bill of Rights says you may say all these things. The Tech Giants at YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
say not so fast. Your "hate speech" must not be allowed to flourish.

Sounds Xi Jinping's China, doesn't it.

You don’t have a first amendment right to post anything on a private website.
You do if it is a public platform and you are posting within the rules.

They do not have the right to censor you when you are within the terms of service...which the big platforms do engage in...see YouTube,FB and Twitter.

In theory I do IF that website claims to be a publisher and not a content creator.
Why, say! Isn't that Zuckerberg say Facebook is?

Where does he get the authority to remove posts that finds problematic (assuming such posts are not
violent, threatening, etc.)?
Nope! The first amendment does not apply to private companies.

Zuckerberg gets the authority to remove posts when he pays the money to maintain the servers that the post is hosted on.

His server. His rules.
But isn’t that like the burger joint owner who won’t serve you because he does not approve of your haircut?

I'm a fan of the Bill of Rights. And leftists as usual are fans of Chinese style authoritarianism because their message can be sent out and no one can mess with it.
Imagine that.

If you are for the 2nd Amendment or limits on abortion, boom...you are expelled.
If you think the Covid pandemic has been largely an exercise in authoritarin over reach.....boom, you are out!
If you believe our voting system must not be manipulated or breached boom....you will be silenced.

The Bill of Rights says you may say all these things. The Tech Giants at YouTube, Facebook and Twitter

They do not have the right to censor you when you are within the terms of service...which the big platforms do engage in...see YouTube,FB and Twitter.
As I showed you, the terms of service say they can censor anything they want for any reason they want. They are within their rights by the TOS to do so.

In theory I do IF that website claims to be a publisher and not a content creator.

Where does he get the authority to remove posts that finds problematic (assuming such posts are not

Zuckerberg gets the authority to remove posts when he pays the money to maintain the servers that the post is hosted on.

His server. His rules.
But isn’t that like to burger joint owner who won’t serve you because he does not approve of your haircut?
Public accommodation laws applying to burger joints don’t apply to websites.

His server. His rules.
But isn’t that like to burger joint owner who won’t serve you because he does not approve of your haircut?
Public accommodation laws applying to burger joints don’t apply to websites.
So I must be accommodated regarding appearance (a form of expression) but don’t have to be accommodated on expression of the written word?
Sounds very strange

As I showed you, the terms of service say they can censor anything they want for any reason they want. They are within their rights by the TOS to do so.
Okay. So when did Zuckerberg retract his claim that Facebook is NOT a content creator?
I missed that bit of news.

Imagine that.

Then they waive their section 230 protections.

I don't follow why he cannot comprehend this. He is either trolling or stupid.
Why can't it be both? Someone who continuously repeats an argument that has it's entire basis in a lie
is both a troll and stupid for supporting a blatant lie.

And yet the law and legal precedent are all on my side.

Im not trolling. I’m just saying something you don’t want to be true.

Imagine that.

Then they waive their section 230 protections.

No, they don’t. There is no stipulation placed on 230 protections. The law is very brief and to the point.

Okay. So when did Zuckerberg retract his claim that Facebook is NOT a content creator?
I missed that bit of news.
Zuckerberg claimed FB is both and that Section 230 needed to be amended to account for such.

I don't follow why he cannot comprehend this. He is either trolling or stupid.
Why can't it be both? Someone who continuously repeats an argument that has it's entire basis in a lie
is both a troll and stupid for supporting a blatant lie.

How can there be precedent when Twitter was founded 10 yrs after the law was passed?

So why not establish your claim in fact by citing an authoritative and knowledgeable source that backs you
up. I've seen you state something as IF it were fact. Now lets see the fact itself.

Zuckerberg claimed FB is both and that Section 230 needed to be amended to account for such.
Well that's his claim, isn't it?
It's like a bigamist claiming he can be legally married to several women at once.
In point of fact, he can't despite his claim.

Reject Face Plant and Twitter..........enough do so then they get the message...........

Do not give the Gov't more power that it doesn't deserve................every time they get more power they abuse it.............

Leave it be.

Well if so, he's just stating a wish with no backing in law.

That's like stating I can drive fifty mile per hour down main street and municipal traffic laws need to be amended to reflect that "fact".

Forum List

Back