Trump considering Sherman Act Violation investigation into Google and Facebook.

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
I would prefer this to any "CENSORSHIP LAWS", but I really do not think we even need this.

People who don't like Google, Facebook, and Twitter censoring content should stop using them.

How Trump could hurt Google

Antitrust officials at the Justice Department or Federal Trade Commission, for example, could investigate whether the search giant is abusing its market dominance. Trump's Republican allies in Congress could subject the company to more unpleasant, high-profile hearings. And the president's public attacks could, over time, recast Google as a partisan player, a disturbing possibility for a company that depends on being the default search engine of choice for Americans of all political stripes.

In afternoon remarks in the Oval Office, Trump broadened his condemnation to include the country’s biggest social media firms.

“I think what Google and what others are doing, if you look at what is going on with Twitter and if you look at what’s going on in Facebook, they better be careful because you can’t do that to people,” Trump said, adding, “I think that Google and Twitter and Facebook, they are really treading on very, very troubled territory and they have to be careful.“

Just a cowardly way to push government interference in private business. And a great many people claiming to be conservative will support this action.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I don't want government intervention into any of this.

They are PRIVATE COMPANIES, LEAVE THEM ALONE.

If THIS site wants to ban all CONSERVATIVE or all LIBERAL points of view, it should be up to them.

This is not a government entity.

If they ban you, you can voice your opinions elsewhere.

The government SHOULD NOT DICTATE US Message Board content.

I would prefer this to any "CENSORSHIP LAWS", but I really do not think we even need this.

People who don't like Google, Facebook, and Twitter censoring content should stop using them.

How Trump could hurt Google

Antitrust officials at the Justice Department or Federal Trade Commission, for example, could investigate whether the search giant is abusing its market dominance. Trump's Republican allies in Congress could subject the company to more unpleasant, high-profile hearings. And the president's public attacks could, over time, recast Google as a partisan player, a disturbing possibility for a company that depends on being the default search engine of choice for Americans of all political stripes.

In afternoon remarks in the Oval Office, Trump broadened his condemnation to include the country’s biggest social media firms.

“I think what Google and what others are doing, if you look at what is going on with Twitter and if you look at what’s going on in Facebook, they better be careful because you can’t do that to people,” Trump said, adding, “I think that Google and Twitter and Facebook, they are really treading on very, very troubled territory and they have to be careful.“
well he is spot on. they filed for a business license as a social media outlet not a news organization, as such, they are not eligible for slander suits, however, if they violate the law they signed up for licensing then they are. Interesting eh?

If THIS site wants to ban all CONSERVATIVE or all LIBERAL points of view, it should be up to them.

So I can rent my property to whoever I want? I can advertise that I'll only rent to Christians or Jews?

So I can rent my property to whoever I want? I can advertise that I'll only rent to Christians or Jews?
hly fk frank, that's a great post!!!!! Now I'm jealous!! good for you friend. :clap::clap::clap:

Suddenly the right wingers are all for interference into free enterprise. Amazing what lengths they’ll go to to support the blob.
so you're ok with someone not allowing a person of color to buy their home? wow, that's a large step for you friend.

I don't want government intervention into any of this.

They are PRIVATE COMPANIES, LEAVE THEM ALONE.
but they aren't, they got their license for one thing and are acting as another. I don't believe in liars either or monopolies, I do want protection from them.

no, no it isn't, it's how they filed for their license. son, you're on the wrong street here.

Forum List

Back