Trump claims presidents can declassify documents ‘even by thinking about it

Don't be too absurd. Do I think presidents can declassify just by saying "It's declassified"? Yes, I do believe that.
Yup. a sitting President can do that. But in this case we have no witnesses..just Trump's word. Trump cannot list which documents he declassified or when he did it.
I don't believe him--and I doubt that a court of law will either.

Of course, Trump is now a private citizen and the documents he was in possession of were not his. He was asked to return them..his lawyers lied and said all had been returned. the classification status of the docs is moot, as the judge has said.

So the Justice Dept. told the FBI to do their job.

What year was this? Even if that's the way you did it in 1980 shit has changed. I was working at the NSA less than 5 years ago, there 100% isnt an inventory of every hardcopy classified document in that complex.

Retired in the very late '90's.

Didn't work at NSA.

I don't believe you that the NSA doesn't track Top Secret/SCI, Top Secret/SAP, etc. documents.

WW

Yup. a sitting President can do that. But in this case we have no witnesses..just Trump's word. Trump cannot list which documents he declassified or when he did it.
I don't believe him--and I doubt that a court of law will either.

Of course, Trump is now a private citizen and the documents he was in possession of were not his. He was asked to return them..his lawyers lied and said all had been returned. the classification status of the docs is moot, as the judge has said.

So the Justice Dept. told the FBI to do their job.
Where's your evidence you don't believe him? If he said he's declassified them and doesn't need to seek authorisation, then where's your evidence he didn't say to himself he declassified them? Where's the judges evidence?

You guys are in a mess.

In June they had a sworn affidavit from Trump's attorneys that Trump returned all classified documents.

Trump staff would not let the FBI open the govt boxes of records in the storage room, the FBI asked Trumpers to lock.

Afterwards an informant came to them, telling them they did not get all classified security risk documents and trump attorneys lied, under oath.
Trump's attorney's were not under oath. Attorneys don't swear under oath to things their client told them, that's absurd.

You have this overwhelming desire to project your emotions on to me, and it just fails every time.

If Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, or even Biden said what Trump did I would have the exact same reaction.

The fact you all are good with classification via telepathy is just one more method of worshiping the man, because if anyone else had said it you would be standing next to me claiming it was bullshit.
Then all that is left is for you to show me that requirement for presidential declassification paperwork. "Show me" will be shortened to "SM" to save typing the same thing over and over again.

/----/ And what is that requirement? Any reason you didn't post it, or is it classified?

There are literally thousands of pages of classification guidelines. It shows how seriously the topic is taken.

Trump himself, signed legislation making mishandling of Classified information a felony.

Trump's attorney's were not under oath. Attorneys don't swear under oath to things their client told them, that's absurd.
she, and far too many, use emotional validation to substitute for truth.

annoying as fuck.

Show me. From now on, that will be shortened to "SM."
/---/ He can't, it's classified.
1663941311271.png

Then all that is left is for you to show me that requirement for presidential declassification paperwork. "Show me" will be shortened to "SM" to save typing the same thing over and over again.
it won't happen. with GG, he'll push you to give him direct answers then run away from your direct questions.

he'll tell you that since you disagree with him, trump is your GOD.

he'll tell you you're angry and mad when you're really laughing at him.

but if you ever do any of those to him, whoah. the quick HAHA reaction and he goes away.

in this thread i gave him a 100% direct answer to "should he be able to do this" and when i answered it w/o games or questions, i asked him a follow up question.

he poof'd. as he always does.

Then all that is left is for you to show me that requirement for presidential declassification paperwork

There are no requirements for the paperwork a President must submit to declassify information
That is because a President must follow the same rules as everyone else to formally declassify information.
Yes, a President can say…..I want this specific information declassified.
But then, a formal process must be followed to complete that declassification.

Trumps frivolous claims to order vague declassification orders will not get it done.

There are no requirements for the paperwork a President must submit to declassify information
That is because a President must follow the same rules as everyone else to formally declassify information.

Trumps frivolous claims to order vague declassification orders will not get it done.
so there are no requirements, then you go list a lot of requirements.

dude, you're such a fucking tool.

so there are no requirements, then you go list a lot of requirements.

dude, you're such a fucking tool.
There are no requirements fast streaming the documentation, just because you are President.

He can order a declassification……but then the process remains the same

There are no requirements fast streaming the documentation, just because you are President.

He can order a declassification……but then the process remains the same
So if Obama had classified documents in say, an unsecured furniture warehouse you'd be just as angry?

Correct, thank you.
No . . . a president is the only one who can classify or declassify anything. Anyone beneath him legitimately classifying or declassifying is using the power that the president chose to delegate to him.

Throwing the word "formally" in doesn't matter unless you have evidence that Trump used that word.
SM
Then why hasn't he been indicted.

Forum List

Back