Trump & China: Just a Theory

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Just one possibility of a zillion, but just for the hell of it:

More data is coming out that points to a slowdown (or worse, later) in the economy. Bond markets have been pointing to it for the last nine months, and we are, as I write this, still in a fairly nasty yield inversion.

So I'll toss out a theory on what we could see: Trump, concerned about the 2020 elections, knowing that the Fed may not have the pull to save the economy even if it lowers rates, decides to cut his losses with China and agrees to a trade deal. Wherever they are in negotiations, right now. Just sign it.

Markets and psychology would probably turn on a dime and rocket upward. That day. Of course, Trump would declare a huge victory and herald it as the greatest trade deal for America in the history of historical histories, talk radio would follow along, and all his fans would say the same thing without actually seeing it.

Then over the course of the next couple of days we'd dig into the deal to see the actual facts, and markets would then react accordingly. That may or may not be a good thing.

I guess we'll find out.

More data is coming out that points to a slowdown (or worse, later) in the economy. Bond markets have been pointing to it for the last nine months, and we are, as I write this, still in a fairly nasty yield inversion.

So I'll toss out a theory on what we could see: Trump, concerned about the 2020 elections, knowing that the Fed may not have the pull to save the economy even if it lowers rates, decides to cut his losses with China and agrees to a trade deal. Wherever they are in negotiations, right now. Just sign it.

Markets and psychology would probably turn on a dime and rocket upward. That day. Of course, Trump would declare a huge victory and herald it as the greatest trade deal for America in the history of historical histories, talk radio would follow along, and all his fans would say the same thing without actually seeing it.

Then over the course of the next couple of days we'd dig into the deal to see the actual facts, and markets would then react accordingly. That may or may not be a good thing.

I guess we'll find out.

I don't think we're having a recession. We're doing tremendously well. Our consumers are rich. I gave a tremendous tax cut and they're loaded up with money.
- The Orange Virus

See? There simply can't be a recession because we're all rich now! Nothing to see here...

I guess we'll find out.

I don't think we're having a recession. We're doing tremendously well. Our consumers are rich. I gave a tremendous tax cut and they're loaded up with money.
- The Orange Virus

See? There simply can't be a recession because we're all rich now! Nothing to see here...
I feel much better now!

I guess we'll find out.

- The Orange Virus

What is untrue about his statement.

We are NOT in a recession.

You need to pray a little harder to satan

What is untrue about his statement.

I never said anything about it being true or untrue, dummy. It is a purposely ambiguous statement. The Orange Virus tends to use statements like this because he does not give a fuck whether it's right or wrong. Saying "Our consumers are rich" is completely useless. Is that supposed mean everyone in America is rich? If so, then we know that's a lie. If it means his wealthy pals and business partners are rich (much more likely), then that effects a small minority of elites, not the American public at large, and most people won't care about that. No one knows for sure what it could mean, because Orange is a dishonest piece of shit troll. People like you lap that shit up. People like you are content to remain uneducated as fuck.

Unlike you mouth breathing rubes, I hate con men. They evade the truth like illegal immigrants evade ICE.

We are NOT in a recession.

And you better hope, for your Orange Virus' 2020 reelection chances, it stays that way, because it's all your tribe has got left.

You need to pray a little harder to satan

And you need to find someone who gives a fuck what you moron wingers think.

Forum List

Back