Trump blows off DeSantis's 'direct plea' to cancel Florida rally in wake of condo collapse: report

surada

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2021
Is this the first public showdown? And over the optics of BURIED BODIES (literally). But Trump wants it, so it will happen? Incidentally, is this one of the OREILLY/TRUMP traveling shows?

Former President Donald Trump is reportedly blowing off a request from a longtime ally to cancel his planned Florida rally.
The Washington Examiner reports that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis made a "direct plea" to Trump to at least postpone a planned rally in the wake of the collapse of a condominium in the town of Surfside.

One Florida Republican tells the Examiner that Trump needs to "read the room" and understand that now is not the appropriate time for a campaign rally while Floridians are grieving for friends and family members who died in the collapsed building.

However, so far these pleas are falling on deaf ears.

"Nobody wants to cancel," one source described as "close to Trump" tells the publication.

One problem is that Trump's political operation is being led by Susie Wiles, who had a falling out with DeSantis after working on his successful 2018 gubernatorial campaign.

"Because Ron DeSantis doesn't want it, she's gonna make sure it happens," one GOP operative tells the Examiner. "The governor supports the president, but something awful just happened in his state."

Why does a political rally two hundred miles away need to be cancelled or postponed be cause of a build collapse?
Floridians are that emotional fragile? A 40 year old poorly built and maintained building falls apart killing 100+ people, sound third world to me.
I love how the media states 11 dead 140 missing, like most of the missing aren't squished in the ruble, because they are hiding out somewhere so the media can hype their side stories.

Why does a political rally two hundred miles away need to be cancelled or postponed be cause of a build collapse?
Floridians are that emotional fragile? A 40 year old poorly built and maintained building falls apart killing 100+ people, sound third world to me.
I love how the media states 11 dead 140 missing, like most of the missing aren't squished in the ruble, because they are hiding out somewhere so the media can hype their side stories.

What ever the venue for Trump/O'Reilly's circus, you'd better get your money up front or Trump will stiff you too.

What ever the venue for Trump/O'Reilly's circus, you'd better get your money up front or Trump will stiff you too.

Trump has none of my money, but I did make fine money while Trump was president. I did not agree with everything he did but close enough.

It was better then than now with the border bullshit and the threat of rising taxes.

Vacuous gossip makes you look like a feckless gash.... you're not a feckless gash are you?

Meanwhile, how has the stuttering fuck improved my life this week? Last I heard, he was threatening the American citizens with F-15's and nuclear weapons. I know he's got the mind of demented, soulless rodent.... but should we be worried?

I am reminded of the "Ground Zero Mosque."

How dare that building collapse when the orange god has a rally coming up!

Vacuous gossip makes you look like a feckless gash.... you're not a feckless gash are you?

Meanwhile, how has the stuttering fuck improved my life this week? Last I heard, he was threatening the American citizens with F-15's and nuclear weapons. I know he's got the mind of demented, soulless rodent.... but should we be worried?
INCEL, eh?

Is this the first public showdown? And over the optics of BURIED BODIES (literally). But Trump wants it, so it will happen? Incidentally, is this one of the OREILLY/TRUMP traveling shows?

Former President Donald Trump is reportedly blowing off a request from a longtime ally to cancel his planned Florida rally.
The Washington Examiner reports that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis made a "direct plea" to Trump to at least postpone a planned rally in the wake of the collapse of a condominium in the town of Surfside.

One Florida Republican tells the Examiner that Trump needs to "read the room" and understand that now is not the appropriate time for a campaign rally while Floridians are grieving for friends and family members who died in the collapsed building.

"Nobody wants to cancel," one source described as "close to Trump" tells the publication.

One problem is that Trump's political operation is being led by Susie Wiles, who had a falling out with DeSantis after working on his successful 2018 gubernatorial campaign.

"Because Ron DeSantis doesn't want it, she's gonna make sure it happens," one GOP operative tells the Examiner. "The governor supports the president, but something awful just happened in his state."
How bizarre! It would be like cancelling a rock concert in San Diego because a thug got shot in Chicago.

How bizarre! It would be like cancelling a rock concert in San Diego because a thug got shot in Chicago.
The tragedy happened right there in Florida where Trump wants to hold his ego rally. Your analogy is way off.

More unnamed unverified anonymous sources used by the left to allege a simple point. Why do they go to the trouble? Media Matters has nothing better to to do these days?

More unnamed unverified anonymous sources used by the left to allege a simple point. Why do they go to the trouble? Media Matters has nothing better to to do these days?
It was a lie. Communist democrats lie constantly. A Niagara of lies hoping one will sneak by.

Turtlesoup Ahhh...surada---turns out the lib media was once AGAIN lying their asses off..............Trump told DeSantis not to worry about being at the rally because he was needed at surfside and that they would do other rallies together. Why do libs lie all the time? Why do the weak minded believe the lib media and trolls putting out these nonsense hit stories on Trump and Desantis.

Turtlesoup Ahhh...surada---turns out the lib media was once AGAIN lying their asses off..............Trump told DeSantis not to worry about being at the rally because he was needed at surfside and that they would do other rallies together. Why do libs lie all the time? Why do the weak minded believe the lib media and trolls putting out these nonsense hit stories on Trump and Desantis.

That was AFTER Desantis announced he would not be attending. Only then did Trump grant him permission not to come. You see how that works?

Trump will try to dominate Desantis. Watch.

Forum List

Back