trump allies warn him not to run again

How to show trump He is not welcome in the GOP while also holding on to his rabid supporters. Quite the conumdrum..
Where would the rabid trump supporters go?

Many will go to jail. The rest....who knows? The GOP needs to bury trumpism. If they don't....the GOP will be struggling to regain dignity and significance.

He is leaving as a disgraced man. He will undoubtedly go down in history as the worst president ever. McConnell wants to GOP to move away from this evil man. This is his chance to see that The Don never holds an office of authority again.

McConnell needs to step up and say he is voting to convict trump. That would open the flood gates for Republicans to vote for the Constitution and not play coward in the corner, afraid of the insane trump cult.
He will go down as one of the most unfairly treated Presidents in history.

He is leaving as a disgraced man. He will undoubtedly go down in history as the worst president ever. McConnell wants to GOP to move away from this evil man. This is his chance to see that The Don never holds an office of authority again.

McConnell needs to step up and say he is voting to convict trump. That would open the flood gates for Republicans to vote for the Constitution and not play coward in the corner, afraid of the insane trump cult.
We do not know about Mitch. He could be coming to support country over party, then again he is a whiz of political calculation. Could just be in his immediate political interests and know he could support trump better in two years as he has until now, but only if still able to wield any power at that time. I cannot tell. Say what you like about Moscow Mitch, like him or hate him, but he is good at what he does.

Nope.. Trump is stupid, toxic and unmanageable. He's not going to change.

He will go down as one of the most unfairly treated Presidents in history.

Trump has been whining about being treated unfairly since 1980

We do not know about Mitch. He could be coming to support country over party, then again he is a whiz of political calculation. Could just be in his immediate political interests and know he could support trump better in two years as he has until now, but only if still able to wield any power at that time. I cannot tell. Say what you like about Moscow Mitch, like him or hate him, but he is good at what he does.

Trump cannot even manage trump or he wouldn't be in this mess. I know and you know he is not going to change. The hard core supporters think this is a good thing and part of their idea of sticking it to the establishment, even at the cost of the whole country. Still, they have a lot of energy. Trump rode that tiger, but ate himself. Mitch or somebody else may try to take the tiger for a ride, to see who eats who.

Trump cannot even manage trump or he wouldn't be in this mess. I know and you know he is not going to change. The hard core supporters think this is a good thing and part of their idea of sticking it to the establishment, even at the cost of the whole country.

Still, they have a lot of energy. Trump rode that tiger, but ate himself. Mitch or somebody else may try to take the tiger for a ride, to see who eats who.

Great post. Trump ruins everything he touches.. Always has.

The Senate will not convict Trump. Not on January 19th, not six months from now when he's relegated to the ash heap of history. He's done. Stick the fork in him. Politically, financially, legally. His name will be radioactive and his family will be pariahs. Eventually, all but the doe-eyed true believers will be left supporting him. Everyone else...will go, "Trump who?".
I beg to differ.

He'll be convicted and impeached.

He should be.

The country needs to send that message.

Unfortunately, as I predicted, that does not appear to be happening. And I knew this was a waste of time. More and more comes out each day about the corruption and incompetence. This will take care of itself. He's done. There will be half a dozen challengers in 2024. The thing to see will be if Trump maintains enough of a hold to destroy everyone else's chances. I just wish Democrats didn't give any cycles to Trump and the rest of the blowhard Republicans. Let them stew in their shame.

Because Trump allies are simply dying to tell all to the hapless chumps at Politico.

Fake nooz.

I agree Trump is finished. Kaput. And that the Republicans will probably not vote to convict. I would hope enough do, however, for the sake of the country.

There are other more cunning and capable candidates who could lead the old Trump base and also bring back some powerful “Security State” and Wall Street support. They may not all have the sick “charisma” of the conman himself, but his base will rally around somebody or other. My money is on somebody like Pompeo. The question will be whether or not the candidate who takes Trump’s place will be in the Republican Party or a rump “Patriot Party.” I’m guessing he will be a “Republican” (in name anyway). But there will surely be blood on the floor before the GOP 1924 primaries are over.

The best possibility would be if Trump tries to lead a breakaway just out of shear vengeance and personal pique. That would give the miserable Democrats a bit more time to correct what will undoubtedly be many unnecessary errors, and hopefully —with a renewed and more savvy left pressuring them — lead them to adopt wiser, more social democratic economic measures that can prove their worth to an increasingly economically desperate working class.

Last edited:
He is leaving as a disgraced man.

Is that why 90% of republicans would vote for him tomorrow? :21: Trump is the best, most successful and popular president ever who got more votes than any other and 6 months from now will be a different world let alone after four years from now with Joe Biden!
You don’t get it. Not merely all the normally Republican elites in Wall Street have had it with Trump, but even the National Chamber of Commerce with its thousands of local business ties has denounced Trump’s conduct as “inexcusable” and vowed to stop financing him. No way 90% of Republicans would back him after Jan. 6th and Trump will be bankrupted should he be so stupid as to try again — and maybe even if he doesn’t. Personally, he is finished. The only remaining issue is whether Trump will try to use his death grip on the Republican Party loser base to try to support a friendly candidate, or kill it outright.

Last edited:
Not merely all the normally Republican elites in Wall Street have had it with Trump, but even the National Chamber of Commerce with its thousands of local business ties has denounced Trump’s conduct as “inexcusable” and vowed to stop financing him.

Trump's "conduct" was just a creation of the leftwing media. It is PC to buy into that BS for now. Just wait until after they get a face full of Biden's effect on wall street and local businesses after the friend they had in President Trump.

correction; disgraced con-man...

1611736487250.png

I have a 2024 GOP presidential candidate poll and Trump is leading by 2:1 over the field.
In 2024 Trump will be 3-years older as will Biden, so I expect that both will hang it up and retire from politics.
Than leaves Kamala for the democrats, and someone new for the Republicans, probably Ted Cruz, Mike Pence, or Nikki Haley.

correction; disgraced con-man...

View attachment 449100
If donald tries to run again...The GOP will have a choice. Nominate the Liar in Chief or have a chance at governing again. The LIAR IN CHIEF has no chance at winning public office again.

I agree Trump is finished. Kaput. And that the Republicans will probably not vote to convict. I would hope enough do, however, for the sake of the country.

There are other more cunning and capable candidates who could lead the old Trump base and also bring back some powerful “Security State” and Wall Street support. They may not all have the sick “charisma” of the conman himself, but his base will rally around somebody or other. My money is on somebody like Pompeo. The question will be whether or not the candidate who takes Trump’s place will be in the Republican Party or a rump “Patriot Party.” I’m guessing he will be a “Republican” (in name anyway). But there will surely be blood on the floor before the GOP 1924 primaries are over.

The best possibility would be if Trump tries to lead a breakaway just out of shear vengeance and personal pique. That would give the miserable Democrats a bit more time to correct what will undoubtedly be many unnecessary errors, and hopefully —with a renewed and more savvy left pressuring them — lead them to adopt wiser, more social democratic economic measures that can prove their worth to an increasingly economically desperate working class.

If Trump is successful, he will split the Republican party and the Democrats will win again.

He is leaving as a disgraced man.

Is that why 90% of republicans would vote for him tomorrow? :21: Trump is the best, most successful and popular president ever who got more votes than any other and 6 months from now will be a different world let alone after four years from now with Joe Biden!

You must have a low opinion of Republicans.

Forum List

Back