Trolling in environment sub-forum

Well, it's not like the liberals don't do their share of trolling as well. I see the same exact thing happening on both sides. About the right wingers, however, I must say it is pretty humorous to see one of them make a comment like "I hate Obama, he is evil" or something to that effect, and it gets like 6 "thanks." As if so much thought went into such a post and it is a good post. :lol: Good Lord. Sorry, but that is not debating nor is it a good post.

Well, it's not like the liberals don't do their share of trolling as well. I see the same exact thing happening on both sides. About the right wingers, however, I must say it is pretty humorous to see one of them make a comment like "I hate Obama, he is evil" or something to that effect, and it gets like 6 "thanks." As if so much thought went into such a post and it is a good post. :lol: Good Lord. Sorry, but that is not debating nor is it a good post.

That's common on message boards I think. People can't distinguish between a good post and a sentiment they agree with.

On my sports board after a loss fans will come in and write "Coach he does suck, fire his azz" and it will get like 30 "great posts" and then someone else will write a well written, cognizant post on why the loss wasn't the coach's fault and it will get 30 " your retarded" responses LOL

In the case of Dorothy, most Conservatives tried logic and reason with him. He doesn't have the capacity to understand such, so many moved to ridicule. It's more fun than beating your head up against a wall.

In the case of Dorothy, most Conservatives tried logic and reason with him. He doesn't have the capacity to understand such, so many moved to ridicule. It's more fun than beating your head up against a wall.

That could be said for nearly every liberal and at least half of the conservatives on this board. There are some terribly stupid and dishonest people posting here.

Thread needed trolling. On behalf of people who approach "climate change" with logic and reason, you're welcome.
"thread" singular? :eusa_eh: Where you been? Virtually all the threads are trolled there continuously.
So anyone who doesn't agree with you is trolling. Good to know.

It isn't the disagreements that is the problem. There will always be disagreements. It is the constant ad hominem and outright insults. Completely unnecessary, sophomoric, and disruptive of the threads, which is their intent in the first place.

Thread needed trolling. On behalf of people who approach "climate change" with logic and reason, you're welcome.
"thread" singular? :eusa_eh: Where you been? Virtually all the threads are trolled there continuously.
So anyone who doesn't agree with you is trolling. Good to know.

It isn't the disagreements that is the problem. There will always be disagreements. It is the constant ad hominem and outright insults. Completely unnecessary, sophomoric, and disruptive of the threads, which is their intent in the first place.
^ that

its childish. Prime example is the way big Urn (Ernie S.["s" for shrimp"]) is relentlessly trolling this thread in a non-trolling zone.

Its out of control. Anti-environmentalists treat it like their personal fun house. Someone opens a serious, sourced thread and its trolled from the get-go.

Heres just one example: NASA predicts Megadroughts US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I pretty much stopped posting down there a couple months ago because there was no apparent modding there and anti-environmentalists had made a joke of the place. Attempted to return recently but it hasn't changed.

Why would any adult want to spend time crafting a serious thread only to have some kid (figuratively) jump in w/ a 1-2 sentence, ad hom laced, hack post?

Well, the OP that you reference is a single sentence ( derisive in nature, no science in the statement) with a link. So there was no "creating a serious thread" in that case.

Last edited:

That's common on message boards I think. People can't distinguish between a good post and a sentiment they agree with.

On my sports board after a loss fans will come in and write "Coach he does suck, fire his azz" and it will get like 30 "great posts" and then someone else will write a well written, cognizant post on why the loss wasn't the coach's fault and it will get 30 " your retarded" responses LOL

Or at least make a point! Obama sucks - yeah, we already know that. :D

I just had to agree with your Obama sucks statement.

I just had to agree with your Obama sucks statement.

Okay, maybe agreeing with it is okay. :D Lol.

Its out of control. Anti-environmentalists treat it like their personal fun house. Someone opens a serious, sourced thread and its trolled from the get-go.

Heres just one example: NASA predicts Megadroughts US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I pretty much stopped posting down there a couple months ago because there was no apparent modding there and anti-environmentalists had made a joke of the place. Attempted to return recently but it hasn't changed.

Why would any adult want to spend time crafting a serious thread only to have some kid (figuratively) jump in w/ a 1-2 sentence, ad hom laced, hack post?

keep-calm-and-quit-yer-bitchin.png

^ Number of repeatable lab experiments showing a link between 120PPM increase in CO2 and temperature is still zero (nada, zip, bupkis, 0)

... And while I agree, the earth is certainly warming, as opposed to cooling.

Maybe. The global temps are static, and have been for the last 18 years. Local temps tell a different story. In almost every case where the temp record is looked at for local areas the trend over the last 50 years is cooling.

^ Number of repeatable lab experiments showing a link between 120PPM increase in CO2 and temperature is still zero (nada, zip, bupkis, 0)

Maybe. The global temps are static, and have been for the last 18 years. Local temps tell a different story. In almost every case where the temp record is looked at for local areas the trend over the last 50 years is cooling.

That is completely untrue. No one except for political pundits are saying that temps are static.

That is completely untrue. No one except for political pundits are saying that temps are static.

No, you are mistaken. Even the UK Met Office (a notoriously rabid global warming supporter) had to admit that there had been no warming for 16 years (and that was in 2012), add three years to that now.

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it

Read more: Global warming stopped 16 years ago reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No, you are mistaken. Even the UK Met Office (a notoriously rabid global warming supporter) had to admit that there had been no warming for 16 years (and that was in 2012), add three years to that now.

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it

Read more: Global warming stopped 16 years ago reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it Daily Mail Online

Go RIGHT TO THEIR WEBSITE and read what they are actually saying --

Since the last ice age, which ended about 11,000 years ago, Earth's climate has been relatively stable at about 14 °C. However, in recent years, the average temperature has been increasing.

The information below details the seven main sources of evidence for climate change. You can find out more about the difference between weather and climate, what drives our climate and how our climate is changing in ourclimate infographic or scroll to the foot of this page for our video - What is climate change?

Higher temperatures
Scientific research shows that the climate - that is, the average temperature of the planet's surface - has risen by 0.89 °C from 1901 to 2012. Compared with climate change patterns throughout Earth's history, the rate of temperature rise since the Industrial Revolution is extremely high.

Changing rainfall
There have been observed changes in precipitation, but not all areas have data over long periods. Rainfall has increased in the mid-latitudes of the northern hemisphere since the beginning of the 20th century. There are also changes between seasons in different regions. For example, the UK's summer rainfall is decreasing on average, while winter rainfall is increasing. There is also evidence that heavy rainfall events have become more intensive, especially over North America.

Changes in nature
Changes in the seasons (such as the UK spring starting earlier, autumn starting later) are bringing changes in the behaviour of species, for example, butterflies appearing earlier in the year and birds shifting their migration patterns.

Sea level rises
Since 1900, sea levels have risen by about 10 cm around the UK and about 19 cm globally, on average. The rate of sea-level rise has increased in recent decades.

Retreating glaciers
Glaciers all over the world - in the Alps, Rockies, Andes, Himalayas, Africa and Alaska - are melting and the rate of shrinkage has increased in recent decades.

Sea ice
Arctic sea-ice has been declining since the late 1970s, reducing by about 4%, or 0.6 million square kilometres (an area about the size of Madagascar) per decade. At the same time Antarctic sea-ice has increased, but at a slower rate of about 1.5% per decade.

Ice sheets
The Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets, which between them store the majority of the world's fresh water, are both shrinking at an accelerating rate....

Last updated: 5 February 2015

What is climate change - Met Office

westwall That is what happens when you attempt to interpret The MET via "the Daily Mail."

The Met office responds to ‘Global warming stopped 16 years ago’

Anthony Watts / October 15, 2012

This article and graphic from David Rose in the UK Daily Mail has caused quite a stir as we covered it here over the weekend. The Met Office has responded exactly as one would expect they would and I repeat their response below.

From the Met Office WordPress blog:

An article by David Rose appears today in the Mail on Sunday under the title: ‘Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released… and here is the chart to prove it’

It is the second article Mr Rose has written which contains some misleading information, after he wrote an article earlier this year on the same theme – you see our response to that one here.

To address some of the points in the article published today:

Firstly, the Met Office has not issued a report on this issue. We can only assume the article is referring to the completion of work to update the HadCRUT4 global temperature dataset compiled by ourselves and the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit.

We announced that this work was going on in March and it was finished this week. You can see the HadCRUT4 website here.

Secondly, Mr Rose says the Met Office made no comment about its decadal climate predictions. This is because he did not ask us to make a comment about them.

You can see our full response to all of the questions Mr Rose did ask us below:

Hi David,

Here’s a response to your questions. I’ve kept them as concise as possible but the issues you raise require considerable explanation.

Q.1 “First, please confirm that they do indeed reveal no warming trend since 1997.”

The linear trend from August 1997 (in the middle of an exceptionally strong El Nino) to August 2012 (coming at the tail end of a double-dip La Nina) is about 0.03°C/decade, amounting to a temperature increase of 0.05°C over that period, but equally we could calculate the linear trend from 1999, during the subsequent La Nina, and show a more substantial warming.

As we’ve stressed before, choosing a starting or end point on short-term scales can be very misleading. Climate change can only be detected from multi-decadal timescales due to the inherent variability in the climate system. If you use a longer period from HadCRUT4 the trend looks very different. For example, 1979 to 2011 shows 0.16°C/decade (or 0.15°C/decade in the NCDC dataset, 0.16°C/decade in GISS). Looking at successive decades over this period, each decade was warmer than the previous – so the 1990s were warmer than the 1980s, and the 2000s were warmer than both. Eight of the top ten warmest years have occurred in the last decade.

Over the last 140 years global surface temperatures have risen by about 0.8ºC. However, within this record there have been several periods lasting a decade or more during which temperatures have risen very slowly or cooled. The current period of reduced warming is not unprecedented and 15 year long periods are not unusual.

Q.2 “Second, tell me what this says about the models used by the IPCC and others which have predicted a rise of 0.2 degrees celsius per decade for the 21st century. I accept that there will always be periods when a rising gradient may be interrupted. But this flat period has now gone on for about the same time as the 1980 – 1996 warming.”

The models exhibit large variations in the rate of warming from year to year and over a decade, owing to climate variations such as ENSO, the Atlantic Multi-Decadal Oscillation and Pacific Decadal Oscillation. So in that sense, such a period is not unexpected. It is not uncommon in the simulations for these periods to last up to 15 years, but longer periods are unlikely.

Q.3 “Finally, do these data suggest that factors other than CO2 – such as multi-decadal oceanic cycles – may exert a greater influence on climate than previously realised?”

We have limited observations on multi-decadal oceanic cycles but we have known for some time that they may act to slow down or accelerate the observed warming trend. In addition, we also know that changes in the surface temperature occur not just due to internal variability, but are also influenced by “external forcings”, such as changes in solar activity, volcanic eruptions or aerosol emissions. Combined, several of these factors could account for some or all of the reduced warming trend seen over the last decade – but this is an area of ongoing research.

———–

The below graph which shows years ranked in order of global temperature was not included in the response to Mr Rose, but is useful in this context as it illustrates the point made above that eight of the warmest years on record have occurred in the past decade.

Graph showing years ranked in order of global temperature.

Go RIGHT TO THEIR WEBSITE and read what they are actually saying --

Since the last ice age, which ended about 11,000 years ago, Earth's climate has been relatively stable at about 14 °C. However, in recent years, the average temperature has been increasing.

The information below details the seven main sources of evidence for climate change. You can find out more about the difference between weather and climate, what drives our climate and how our climate is changing in ourclimate infographic or scroll to the foot of this page for our video - What is climate change?

Higher temperatures
Scientific research shows that the climate - that is, the average temperature of the planet's surface - has risen by 0.89 °C from 1901 to 2012. Compared with climate change patterns throughout Earth's history, the rate of temperature rise since the Industrial Revolution is extremely high.

Changing rainfall
There have been observed changes in precipitation, but not all areas have data over long periods. Rainfall has increased in the mid-latitudes of the northern hemisphere since the beginning of the 20th century. There are also changes between seasons in different regions. For example, the UK's summer rainfall is decreasing on average, while winter rainfall is increasing. There is also evidence that heavy rainfall events have become more intensive, especially over North America.

Changes in nature
Changes in the seasons (such as the UK spring starting earlier, autumn starting later) are bringing changes in the behaviour of species, for example, butterflies appearing earlier in the year and birds shifting their migration patterns.

Sea level rises
Since 1900, sea levels have risen by about 10 cm around the UK and about 19 cm globally, on average. The rate of sea-level rise has increased in recent decades.

Retreating glaciers
Glaciers all over the world - in the Alps, Rockies, Andes, Himalayas, Africa and Alaska - are melting and the rate of shrinkage has increased in recent decades.

Sea ice
Arctic sea-ice has been declining since the late 1970s, reducing by about 4%, or 0.6 million square kilometres (an area about the size of Madagascar) per decade. At the same time Antarctic sea-ice has increased, but at a slower rate of about 1.5% per decade.

Ice sheets
The Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets, which between them store the majority of the world's fresh water, are both shrinking at an accelerating rate....

Last updated: 5 February 2015

What is climate change - Met Office

That is the propaganda page M C. Here is what Rajendra Pachauri had to say in a interview a couple of years ago. He's the head of the IPCC, the group pushing the AGW agenda....

"THE UN’s climate change chief, Rajendra Pachauri, has acknowledged a 17-year pause in global temperature rises, confirmed recently by Britain’s Met Office, but said it would need to last “30 to 40 years at least” to break the long-term global warming trend.

Dr Pachauri, the chairman of the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, said that open discussion about controversial science and politically incorrect views was an essential part of tackling climate change.

In a wide-ranging interview on topics that included this year’s record northern summer Arctic ice growth, the US shale-gas revolution, the collapse of renewable energy subsidies across Europe and the faltering European carbon market, Dr Pachauri said no issues should be off-limits for public discussion."

Cookies must be enabled. The Australian

Even wiki, a huuuge outlet for AGW propaganda admits to the "pause" as it is called.

Global warming hiatus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

are you actually debating in the announcements & feedback sub-forum? :eusa_eh: :eusa_doh:

Forum List

Back