Trey Gowdy On Hillary Emails: 'We Haven't Seen Any Evidence Of A Crime'

there was no LAW before 2014 ... policy maybe, but LAWS didn't exist.

I'm not wrong

You are thoroughly ignorant. Here's a passage from the Federal Records Act of 1950

The head of each Federal agency shall make and preserve records containing adequate and proper documentation of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and essential transactions of the agency and designed to furnish the information necessary to protect the legal and financial rights of the Government and of persons directly affected by the agency’s activities. (44 U.S. Code § 3101)

Read more at: National Review

Federal Records Act of 1950 - The IT Law Wiki

FRA 1950 included electronic transmissions aka email ... gee,,who knew.

do yourself a favor and read HR1233, even you should be able to understand how it amends FRA 1950

I'll refer you to post #35, junior.

I'll also note that the 1950 language says "records" - it does not limit the media used for such records.

amends ... big word for morons like you

HR1233 ... The act amends federal law regarding the preservation, storage, and management of federal records, specifically towards ensuring, prior to the release of records, the Archivist of the United States gives appropriate notice to both the current President of the United States and the President who was in office at the time the documentation was made .[1] The last provision forbids officers and employees of the executive branch from using personal email accounts for government business, unless the employee copies all emails to either the originating officer or employee's official government email, or to an official government record system to be recorded and archived.

all the crap you can come up with prior to is nothing but crap.

The End

Scuze me, but please quote the bit where the amendment said that email prior to 2014 didn't count as a federal record.

Link?
there was no LAW to break when she was in office ... the only LAW regarding emails is HR1233 , and that LAW was passed in 2014 ..

TWO YEARS AFTER CLINTON LEFT OFFICE.

RW want facts, well there they are.

another miserable fail by the RW.

They haven't lost the general election in 2016 to a Democrat ... YET.

That's rather "No Controlling Legal Authority" of you, bub.

You're also wrong. Hillary fired an ambassador for using a private email account in 2011. What's good for the gander is good for the goose.

there was no LAW before 2014 ... policy maybe, but LAWS didn't exist.

I'm not wrong

You are thoroughly ignorant. Here's a passage from the Federal Records Act of 1950

The head of each Federal agency shall make and preserve records containing adequate and proper documentation of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and essential transactions of the agency and designed to furnish the information necessary to protect the legal and financial rights of the Government and of persons directly affected by the agency’s activities. (44 U.S. Code § 3101)

Read more at: National Review

Federal Records Act of 1950 - The IT Law Wiki

FRA 1950 included electronic transmissions aka email ... gee,,who knew.

do yourself a favor and read HR1233, even you should be able to understand how it amends FRA 1950

I'll refer you to post #35, junior.

I'll also note that the 1950 language says "records" - it does not limit the media used for such records.
Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"...?
WASHINGTON -- “We haven’t seen any evidence of a crime,” Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), the chair of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, said Sunday about Hillary Clinton’s private email use during her service as Secretary of State.

Gowdy was speaking to "Fox News Sunday" days after Clinton responded to a New York Times article alleging that she “may have violated federal requirements” under federal records laws.

Fox News’ Chris Wallace repeatedly asked Gowdy whether Clinton had broken any laws. The Benghazi committee chair declined each time to implicate Clinton.

Asked again by Wallace if Clinton had broken rules put in place by the Obama administration, Gowdy said, “I’m going to have to let smart lawyers decide if she complied with the law or not.”

I'm pleasantly surprised that Gowdy would be this honest up front.

Again read the link below.
National Review

Absolutely. Media Matters does a great job of cutting through the Fox fog.

Aw shucks!

It seemed like you were breathlessly informing us of the results of your own dedicated viewing. But now we know it's all hearsay and, given the apparent source, obviously just more bullshit.

Thanks for the clarification!

I suspect Hillary is thinking more about who she should pick for her Vice President than about the Benghazi witch hunters.

Clinton/Carville 2016 !

It would even out do Obamas choice of the clown Biden.

"James Carville, a former aide to Bill Clinton and a longtime defender of the Clintons, offered an explanation on ABC's This Week as to why Hillary Clinton might have used a private email account: to avoid congressional oversight."

Carville I Suspect Hillary Used Private Email to Avoid Congressional Oversight The Weekly Standard

""What this is, is the latest in a continuation, and if you take it all and put it together, and you subtract 3.1415 from pi, you're left with not very much."

I suspect Hillary is thinking more about who she should pick for her Vice President than about the Benghazi witch hunters.

Clinton/Carville 2016 !

"James Carville, a former aide to Bill Clinton and a longtime defender of the Clintons, offered an explanation on ABC's This Week as to why Hillary Clinton might have used a private email account: to avoid congressional oversight."

Carville I Suspect Hillary Used Private Email to Avoid Congressional Oversight The Weekly Standard

""What this is, is the latest in a continuation, and if you take it all and put it together, and you subtract 3.1415 from pi, you're left with not very much."

Seriously, I wonder who Hillary may be considering for VP.

Clinton/Carville 2016 !

If she wins the nomination ... um ... good question.

Maybe Bill.

The text of the 22nd Ammendment is unambiguous. It only applies to electing Presidents, not Vice Presidents;

"Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."

Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Clinton/Carville 2016 !

Maybe Bill.

The text of the 22nd Ammendment is unambiguous. It only applies to electing Presidents, not Vice Presidents;

"Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."

Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
If Bill were to be VP, wouldn't he be eligible to be president for 2 more years if something were to happen to the president?

Now that I have thought about it a bit more. Putting Bill Clinton on the ticket as Vice President might be Hillarys' only hope.

Don't be surprised if this is what happens. You heard it here first...

Clinton/Carville 2016 !

Maybe Bill.

If Bill were to be VP, wouldn't he be eligible to be president for 2 more years if something were to happen to the president?

Yes...

President Bill Clinton left office with the highest approval rating of any president since WWII. However, I seriously doubt he ever wants to be VP.

The New York Times has published a number of retractions on their original article about Hillary's emails, chief among them that there is no evidence that Hillary committed any crime.

They are now saying everything she did was legal and within the rules at the time.

And they apologized for overstating the legal implications of her actions.

WASHINGTON -- “We haven’t seen any evidence of a crime,” Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), the chair of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, said Sunday about Hillary Clinton’s private email use during her service as Secretary of State.

Gowdy was speaking to "Fox News Sunday" days after Clinton responded to a New York Times article alleging that she “may have violated federal requirements” under federal records laws.

Fox News’ Chris Wallace repeatedly asked Gowdy whether Clinton had broken any laws. The Benghazi committee chair declined each time to implicate Clinton.

Asked again by Wallace if Clinton had broken rules put in place by the Obama administration, Gowdy said, “I’m going to have to let smart lawyers decide if she complied with the law or not.”

I'm pleasantly surprised that Gowdy would be this honest up front.

What he didn't say is "that doesn't mean they won't find evidence of a crime." Furthermore, the issue in the Benghazi scandal isn't whether Hillary committed a crime. It's whether she allowed American personnel to be killed for political reasons.

The New York Times has published a number of retractions on their original article about Hillary's emails, chief among them that there is no evidence that Hillary committed any crime.

They are now saying everything she did was legal and within the rules at the time.

And they apologized for overstating the legal implications of her actions.
Link?
Because what she did was contrary to Obama's policies and probably several laws as well. Like the Federal Records Act.

Forum List

Back