Transgender girl will not attend her high school graduation after Mississippi judge denies request for her to wear a dress

Irrelevant. We are talking about a federally funded public school, in other words a government actor.

They have different requirements than private employers.
So it's your contention that males and females should be treated COMPLETELY equal? That there should be no distinction between the 2? That there should be no separate rules for one or the other then?

This person isn’t arguing that. They are arguing that the rules should t apply to them.
Yet you can't explain why these rules should apply to anyone in the first place. Exactly like a Bingo. You want to skip right over the first step while insisting everyone concede to step 2.

“Our client is being shamed and humiliated for explicitly discriminatory reasons, and her family is being denied a once-in-a-lifetime milestone in their daughter’s life,” ACLU spokesperson Gillian Branstetter told CNN in an email. “No one should be forced to miss their graduation simply because of who they are.”
No one is forcing this dude not to go to graduation. If he wants to throw a hissy fit and not go, that’s on him.

Yet you can't explain why these rules should apply to anyone in the first place. Exactly like a Bingo. You want to skip right over the first step while insisting everyone concede to step 2.

It's a rule. Im not saying those rules are necessarily good or bad only that the rule does in fact exist and that this person doenst get to not follow the rules simply because they are "special" in their own mind.

That said there are all kinds of rules that apply or are written differently for women and men all throughout our society. This is just one example. If this person thinks that there shouldn't be a different dress code for men and women, they should have argued that in court. They didn't. They wanted a special consideration and they didn't (nor should they) get it.

That doesn’t make any sense. No one at the school is allowed to be nude.

But some people are allowed to wear dresses and some people aren’t.

That’s what discrimination means. Some people are treated differently than others.
If you want to expose your hairy bony male legs in a dress, I aint gonna stop you.

I might laugh, but I won't stop you.

It's a rule. Im not saying those rules are necessarily good or bad only that the rule does in fact exist and that this person doenst get to not follow the rules simply because they are "special" in their own mind.
So you can't say whether these rules are good or bad (because you're a giant pussy) yet you expect everyone to just follow them? What kind of cuck boy servile logic is that? 😄
That said there are all kinds of rules that apply or are written differently for women and men all throughout our society.
Who needed you to state the obvious? Maybe this has something to do with men writing most of the rules.
This is just one example. If this person thinks that there shouldn't be a different dress code for men and women, they should have argued that in court. They didn't. They wanted a special consideration and they didn't (nor should they) get it.
They are now arguing it in court you dipshit. There's this thing in court that Trump team discovered about legal standing where you can't seek remedies for things you can't even prove affect you. Basically you can't really sue someone for denying you the ability to do something until someone actually denies you the ability to do that thing.

No one is forcing this dude not to go to graduation. If he wants to throw a hissy fit and not go, that’s on him.

No one is forcing this woman not to go to graduation. If she wants to throw a hissy fit and not go, that’s on her.

Are you literate. Did you read this article?

Lawsuit and they are going to win slam dunk.

So you can't say whether these rules are good or bad (because you're a giant pussy) yet you expect everyone to just follow them? What kind of cuck boy servile logic is that? 😄
I didn't say I couldn't I said I didn't. I didn't because whether they are good or bad is irrelevant to whether this person has to follow them or should be given a special dispensation because of his feelings.
Who needed you to state the obvious? Maybe this has something to do with men writing most of the rules.

How do you know who wrote that rule at that school?

They are now arguing it in court you dipshit. There's this thing in court that Trump team discovered about legal standing where you can't seek remedies for things you can't even prove affect you. Basically you can't really sue someone for denying you the ability to do something until someone actually denies you the ability to do that thing.

This person didn't argue that the rule shouldn't exist, dipshit. only that it shouldn't apply to him. Try reading. He wasn't "denied" anything everyone else wasn't "denied". He was treated equally under the law. What he (and you apparently) want is for him to be treated differently (read special) under the law because of his feels.

I didn't say I couldn't I said I didn't. I didn't because whether they are good or bad is irrelevant to whether this person has to follow them or should be given a special dispensation because of his feelings.
Seems relevant but maybe you're a Simp who differs to the feelings of others.
How do you know who wrote that rule at that school?
I'm making an educated guess. Nevada in 2019 was the first legislature in America to have a female majority.
This person didn't argue that the rule shouldn't exist, dipshit. only that it shouldn't apply to him. Try reading. He wasn't "denied" anything everyone else wasn't "denied". He was treated equally under the law. What he (and you apparently) want is for him to be treated differently (read special) under the law because of his feels.
Yes, we want people respected for who they are inside because we feel empathy and you want people discriminated against because you feel bigotry.

Seems relevant but maybe you're a Simp who differs to the feelings of others.
Did this boy argue that in court? No he didnt. Thus making it irrelevant to this discussion.
I'm making an educated guess. Nevada in 2019 was the first legislature in America to have a female majority.
So.
Yes, we want people respected for who they are inside because we feel empathy and you want people discriminated against because you feel bigotry.

No I want everyone treated EQUALLY under the law regardless of their feelings. You want special treatment.

Time for the government to stick its nose into the home lives of bullying students and their bullying parents.

Some sick freak having a tantrum and trying to bully an entire community into letting the freak turn their Graduatiin cereminy into a Geek Show just to please one little sniveling freak is bullying. Telling the gimp to fuck off is entirely the right thing to do. You being a sicko freak yourself can't grasp real life, so naturaly you're here whining and trolling.

Wake up! She, he, or it, was not forced to miss graduation, she, he, or it chose not to attend because she, he, or it didn't get its way.
Amen to this. When the dust finally settles, they have no one to blame but themselves over the fact that they ended up with absolutely nothing and at the end of the day, what is the day supposed to be about for any student who graduates, their being done with education that is most definitely mandatory or what they want to wear for the occasion?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Truly disappointing. Transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe. I see nothing, who cares?
All the hard work to graduate from H.S. (and let me tell you this, Mississippi has a 9% drop out rate) and that is actually good. So you know this person tried.
But anyways, why discriminate? This is a direct violation of the students First Amendment rights, according to the complaint.

A Mississippi federal judge denied a motion Friday, filed by the family of a transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe at her Gulfport high school graduation.

The 17-year-old, identified in court documents by her initials “L.B.,” did not attend her graduation, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi.

“Our client is being shamed and humiliated for explicitly discriminatory reasons, and her family is being denied a once-in-a-lifetime milestone in their daughter’s life,” ACLU spokesperson Gillian Branstetter told CNN in an email. “No one should be forced to miss their graduation simply because of who they are.”

Good for the Judge !

Forum List

Back