Trading Halted for GameStop / AMC, elites in PANIC

How Dare the Small Folk Beat the Oligarchs at their own game!

Bad bad small folk.

I don’t know. I love trolling hedge funds but this is clearly market manipulation, not economics at play.

I don’t know how anyone could be doubting this post. However as u said in the other thread about this hedge funds and institutional investors take advantage of retail investors everyday, and now it’s the retail investors that are using the rules to their advantage only to have the rules changed in the middle of the game by the institutions.
I’m not an expert but I have a feeling a lot of retail investors are going to get screwed by this because they bought GameStop at $100 a share for lolz and before they know it they’ve lost half their money.

I don’t care who is responsible for a spike in price like that, I understand why trading would be suspended.

I don’t know. I love trolling hedge funds but this is clearly market manipulation, not economics at play.

I don’t know how anyone could be doubting this post. However as u said in the other thread about this hedge funds and institutional investors take advantage of retail investors everyday, and now it’s the retail investors that are using the rules to their advantage only to have the rules changed in the middle of the game by the institutions.
I’m not an expert but I have a feeling a lot of retail investors are going to get screwed by this because they bought GameStop at $100 a share for lolz and before they know it they’ve lost half their money.

I don’t care who is responsible for a spike in price like that, I understand why trading would be suspended.

The only reason was market movers were losing their shirt. This had nothing to do with protecting the little guy and everything to do with protecting the big guys.

The actions of the hedge funds and the Federal Reserve aren't economic in play either.

Shorting companies because of the belief that their fundamentals will collapse is an investment. Just like buying a stock because you believe in its growth potential

LOL elites who love to bet against the market are freaking out. Let’s see how fast Congress acts to protect the hedge fund criminals that short sell stocks, and persecute regular people just buying a stock to help the company.

They're not buying the stock to "help the company." They're buying the stock to make money.

The Reddit community started off buying the stock to help the company and it latter morphed into a real investment. You see big guys like Carl Icon use their buying power to take over investors out all the time. Here there are smaller investors going after institutional investors and winning. And that caused the rules to be changed in the middle of the game.

It has been noted that it would take something like 1400 years for Tesla to make what it's stock is valued at.

That is economics at play?
Kind of. People are betting on Tesla’s future prospects. It’s a company developing cutting edge technology and rapidly expanding.

Gamestop ain’t that.

As someone whose owned Tesla I never bought them because I thought they had a bright future. They might have one, I don’t know. I’ve bought and sold Tesla many times because I think it’s a good trading stock. Long term it’s not a company that on my radar.

Bad bad small folk.

It's a fool's game. First rule of thumb in investing, never trade on emotions and always know the deck is stacked.

My grandfather told me numerous times no matter how good I am Wall St is better

Yeah especially when they have the ability to change the rules to screw you over at any time.

Short-sellers are sitting on estimated losses of $71 billion from their positions in U.S. companies so far this year, data from financial data analytics firm Ortex showed.

American Airlines joins GameStop trading frenzy as calls for probe build

This is great. The only thing better would be if these guys could bankrupt a few of these sellers.

Short sellers make for a more efficient market and add liquidity. Don’t know why people think short selling is unethical

It has been noted that it would take something like 1400 years for Tesla to make what it's stock is valued at.

Kind of. People are betting on Tesla’s future prospects. It’s a company developing cutting edge technology and rapidly expanding.

Gamestop ain’t that.

As someone whose owned Tesla I never bought them because I thought they had a bright future. They might have one, I don’t know. I’ve bought and sold Tesla many times because I think it’s a good trading stock. Long term it’s not a company that on my radar.
That’s cool. I prefer the Buffett strategy. Invest in companies you understand.

But you can’t expect everyone to be rational, which is why the markets aren’t always rational.

Short-sellers are sitting on estimated losses of $71 billion from their positions in U.S. companies so far this year, data from financial data analytics firm Ortex showed.

This is great. The only thing better would be if these guys could bankrupt a few of these sellers.

Short sellers make for a more efficient market and add liquidity. Don’t know why people think short selling is unethical

The entire market is unethical. Anyone that throws in a monkey wrench is good by me.

Gamestop ain’t that.

But you can’t expect everyone to be rational, which is why the markets aren’t always rational.

Gamestop ain’t that.

Buffett always said he would stay away from banking because it’s too complex for him, and then BOA offered him a bunch of preferred shares if he purchased 5 billion dollars worth of shares, so then he broke his own rule. Me personally if I like the Tesla chart I may decide to buy shares or options. All my Tesla trades were bullish and I’ve done well with the company.

Bad bad small folk.

It's a fool's game. First rule of thumb in investing, never trade on emotions and always know the deck is stacked.

My grandfather told me numerous times no matter how good I am Wall St is better

Yeah especially when they have the ability to change the rules to screw you over at any time.

When platforms stop trades you know the fix is in....see that clown outfit Robinhood and Ameritrade.

The entire market is unethical. Anyone that throws in a monkey wrench is good by me.

The stock market is what fuels growth and innovation in this country.

Gamestop ain’t that.

Gamestop ain’t that.

Buffett always said he would stay away from banking because it’s too complex for him, and then BOA offered him a bunch of preferred shares if he purchased 5 billion dollars worth of shares, so then he broke his own rule. Me personally if I like the Tesla chart I may decide to buy shares or options. All my Tesla trades were bullish and I’ve done well with the company.
I just don’t get too excited about people who “do well” without even knowing why they’re doing well.

But congrat.

LOL elites who love to bet against the market are freaking out. Let’s see how fast Congress acts to protect the hedge fund criminals that short sell stocks, and persecute regular people just buying a stock to help the company.

They're not buying the stock to "help the company." They're buying the stock to make money.

The Reddit community started off buying the stock to help the company and it latter morphed into a real investment. You see big guys like Carl Icon use their buying power to take over investors out all the time. Here there are smaller investors going after institutional investors and winning. And that caused the rules to be changed in the middle of the game.

The smalls didn't win, a few made some money but far more got squeezed on margin.

Gamestop ain’t that.

Gamestop ain’t that.

I just don’t get too excited about people who “do well” without even knowing why they’re doing well.

But congrat.

Well it’s not like I’m throwing darts at a board. I’m investing because of analysis, but not fundamental, technical analysis. When I dip my toe in the water on Tesla I do it when there’s no binary event like earnings in the immediate future. I look at Tesla like a trading stock. And many investors are doing the same. Maybe the gravy train will dry up, maybe one day the company will produce great financials. I don’t know, therefore that’s not what I’m investing based off.

Short Selling is fine. The problem here was *excessive* short-selling. Gamestop had significantly more short interest than they had shares available. Made them the ideal target for the longs to rally around.

The elite hedge fund types got greedy and got burned as a result. Tough shit.

Gamestop ain’t that.

The same Warren Buffet who changed the Mark To Market value of Real Estate that caused the 2008 Crash?

Gamestop ain’t that.

The same Warren Buffet who changed the Mark To Market value of Real Estate that caused the 2008 Crash?
Lol, no.

Forum List

Back