Trading Halted for GameStop / AMC, elites in PANIC

I don’t know. I love trolling hedge funds but this is clearly market manipulation, not economics at play.

It has been noted that it would take something like 1400 years for Tesla to make what it's stock is valued at.

That is economics at play?
Kind of. People are betting on Tesla’s future prospects. It’s a company developing cutting edge technology and rapidly expanding.

Gamestop ain’t that.

Kinda? It is or it isn't. No one is cashing out in 1400 years.
That would assume that Tesla’s profitability doesn’t change. People are betting otherwise.

None of the markets are based upon realities any longer.

I don’t know. I love trolling hedge funds but this is clearly market manipulation, not economics at play.

It has been noted that it would take something like 1400 years for Tesla to make what it's stock is valued at.

That equation applies to almost every Tech company now as it did back in Sep 2000.

Which really doesn't answer my question.
Economics is a theory; that's why we have crashes just when all data indicates otherwise.

So the theory here they can screw with stocks so then can others.
I worked for Bear-Stearns and stock manipulation was, and is, the name of the game.
The only thing that has changed is the technology that links reported positions to actual positions.
The fact is that any entity can manipulate their assets in 2,000 ways thanks to indecipherable Accounting Rules.

Sure, and the manipulators are mad that others got into the game here.

That equation applies to almost every Tech company now as it did back in Sep 2000.

Which really doesn't answer my question.
Economics is a theory; that's why we have crashes just when all data indicates otherwise.

So the theory here they can screw with stocks so then can others.
I worked for Bear-Stearns and stock manipulation was, and is, the name of the game.
The only thing that has changed is the technology that links reported positions to actual positions.
The fact is that any entity can manipulate their assets in 2,000 ways thanks to indecipherable Accounting Rules.

Cool play on words!

which was seriously oversold and force a short squeeze.
LOL, so they “forced” hedge fund firms to short squeeze? Get real, they aren’t responsible for the acts of others. The short squeeze is what drives up the price so much.

LOL elites who love to bet against the market are freaking out. Let’s see how fast Congress acts to protect the hedge fund criminals that short sell stocks, and persecute regular people just buying a stock to help the company.

Do we consider Reddit to be 'the Elites' here? :auiqs.jpg: If so, it kind of explains certain opinions.

LOL elites who love to bet against the market are freaking out. Let’s see how fast Congress acts to protect the hedge fund criminals that short sell stocks, and persecute regular people just buying a stock to help the company.

Do we consider Reddit to be 'the Elites' here? :auiqs.jpg: If so, it kind of explains certain opinions.
No, you dumbass. Hedge fund firms that bet against stocks to make millions.

I've always bought well rated growth and income stocks and held them for 40 yrs.

Short selling...lol....What a way to lose your fucking ass.

Duh, low information voter. They were all brigading, creating memes and manipulating stocks via the social media website Reddit.

Duh, low information voter. They were all brigading, creating memes and manipulating stocks via the social media website Reddit.
LoL, they weren’t “manipulating stocks”, they were just buying them. It causes the short sellers to lose money and then they have to dump much more money into the stock, causing the short squeeze.

5LihJEL7.jpeg

LoL, they weren’t “manipulating stocks”, they were just buying them. It causes the short sellers to lose money and then they have to dump much more money into the stock, causing the short squeeze.

You just proved my point. Knob.

a few of em
retail vs institution....I love it

You just proved my point. Knob.

To you, someone buying a stock hoping it goes up is “manipulating the market”.

Okay, Corky :itsok:

Looks like Elizabeth Warren is weighing in.
I have to give her credit, she is calling out the sleazy hedge fund gamblers:

1182A595-87A8-4AC6-A539-C661DBC66409.jpeg

Good luck Lizzy, but somehow I doubt the Establishment is going to do anything but protect the hedge fund crowd.

Forum List

Back