Trading Halted for GameStop / AMC, elites in PANIC

which was seriously oversold and force a short squeeze.
LOL, so they “forced” hedge fund firms to short squeeze? Get real, they aren’t responsible for the acts of others. The short squeeze is what drives up the price so much.
If the purchases were made based on economics there's no problem.
If the purchases were made in concert with other purchases to manipulate the stock price that is illegal.

At this time I don't know but, the SEC will investigate and we'll see beyond that.

If this is part of a scheme then it must be understood that retail buyers who followed the jump will be hurt. That is why this type of manipulation is illegal.
Manipulate stocks? You mean like preventing regular people from buying a stock, and only allowing them to sell, thus forcing the price to fall? Like selling the stocks “in the best interests” of those that bought it without their permission?

I don't know the details yet and, you know what? NEITHER DO YOU.
So, why not save the knee jerk reactions for something meaningful to you, you know, like keeping Black people from voting, installing government offices in every woman's vagina, and whatnot.

LOL elites who love to bet against the market are freaking out. Let’s see how fast Congress acts to protect the hedge fund criminals that short sell stocks, and persecute regular people just buying a stock to help the company.

I've been following this from a distance and I'll wait for the SEC investigation to make a judgement but this sounds suspiciously like the "pump and dump" schemes from the early 2000's.

If there's evidence the Reddit people conspired to move the stock price that could pose a problem for them.
Please tell me how many people buy a stock to not move the stock price.
Very few people outside of mutual funds can trade enough stocks to move a stock's price.
But
Enough individual purchases, especially bidding over the current price, can move the market.
The question the SEC will be asking is if this was a concerted effort and if the purchases were made as investments or as part of a scheme.

Everybody who buys a stock is certain the price will go up
Everybody who sells is certain the price will go down.
Attempting to manipulate a stock's price is illegal.

You may want to look up Howard Hughes' selling of AA stock in the early 60s. His actions caused AA stock to crash. (I think it was AA, might have been TWA) He ended up testifying before Congress and new legislation and regulations followed.
Cool...
Now tell us how every Financial "Expert" and Publication on earth didn't try to manipulate the Presidential Election and Stock Prices by being vehemently anti-Trump.
OK.
Every Financial "Expert" and Publication on earth didn't try to manipulate the Presidential Election and Stock Prices by being vehemently anti-Trump.

Glad I could help. Geez.
Sure they did.
In fact, they tried to manipulate the election (RUSSIA!) as well as the market.
100% of the publications thrive on cheap slave labor; I'm guessing you also love cheap slave labor.
Please. Go be stupid elsewhere.

LOL, so they “forced” hedge fund firms to short squeeze? Get real, they aren’t responsible for the acts of others. The short squeeze is what drives up the price so much.
If the purchases were made in concert with other purchases to manipulate the stock price that is illegal.

At this time I don't know but, the SEC will investigate and we'll see beyond that.

If this is part of a scheme then it must be understood that retail buyers who followed the jump will be hurt. That is why this type of manipulation is illegal.
Manipulate stocks? You mean like preventing regular people from buying a stock, and only allowing them to sell, thus forcing the price to fall? Like selling the stocks “in the best interests” of those that bought it without their permission?

So, why not save the knee jerk reactions for something meaningful to you, you know, like keeping Black people from voting, installing government offices in every woman's vagina, and whatnot.
We do know they blocked buying the stocks, to cover for their real customers, the hedge fund billionaires.

The fact you tried to turn this into “black people” and “woman’s vagina” proves you got nothing. Just another unhinged leftwing nutball that can’t refute the facts, and must cover for your Dem masters. When your argument get shredded, you resort to regurgitating the typical fallback talking points, “racism” and “misogyny”. Get lost loser, before you embarrass yourself any further.

We do know they blocked buying the stocks, to cover for their real customers, the hedge fund billionaires.

The fact you tried to turn this into “black people” and “woman’s vagina” proves you got nothing. Just another unhinged leftwing nutball that can’t refute the facts, and must cover for your Dem masters. When your argument get shredded, you resort to regurgitating the typical fallback talking points, “racism” and “misogyny”. Get lost loser, before you embarrass yourself any further.
I got nothing.
NEITHER DO YOU!
I know EXACTLY what you know.
What I know is not enough to say ANYTHING INTELLIGENT.
You, on the other hand, are the "MOB"
You don't need facts.
You don't need law.
You just decided based on knowing almost nothing.

So, the comment "hy not save the knee jerk reactions for something meaningful to you, you know, like keeping Black people from voting, installing government offices in every woman's vagina, and whatnot."
Is valid.

Yea, this literally happened:

uYppImcz.jpeg

Lizzy Cheekbones now wants the SEC to hunt down the “flash mob with money”, because you know, she’s “concerned” about the GameStop workers.

She wants to know if Citadel did anything “illegal”, but doesn’t asked about the regular guys that bought stock to raise the price. I guess as long as what Citadel did is “legal”, then all is well with what they did. But that “flash mob with money”, it may have been legal for them to buy stock, but something just needs to be done about those guys anyway.

I don’t know. I love trolling hedge funds but this is clearly market manipulation, not economics at play.
maybe some revenge..as well? The app Robinhood..was just hit with a heavy fine and a ton of lectures from the SEC and the big boyz.
Who's laughing now? who has recouped their fine? This article from December 2020

Robinhood, the stock-trading app popular with young investors, wasn’t forthright with customers on how it makes money through its commission-free platform and didn’t live up to its duty to ensure users got the best terms on trades, the Securities and Exchange Commission said this month.
By going along with Robinhood’s tempting $0 trading commissions over discount brokerages charging commissions of a few dollars per trade, investors missed out on $34 million over a roughly three-year span thanks to inferior trade prices, the SEC alleged. And that’s after factoring out the cost of five-dollar trade order commissions, the regulator added.
Now, Robinhood is paying a $65 million penalty to resolve the regulator’s charges and agreeing to pay for an independent compliance consultant that will review its approach when dealing with companies to execute user trades.
Robinhood — without admitting to or denying the SEC findings — is paying the money and putting the matter behind it as it eyes an initial public offering. The fine relates to past practices that don’t reflect what the company is now, according to a Robinhood statement.

Yet Barbara Roper, director of investor protection at the Consumer Federation of America, said Robinhood seems “to be more focused on making a cool app than having a broker-dealer that complies with securities laws that investors get the best available price when they trade.”

Forum List

Back