Trading Halted for GameStop / AMC, elites in PANIC

They don't want to be seen as one of the "bad" pirates..

I totally want to be a bad pirate.

51W2Yy3tcoL.jpg

I don’t know. I love trolling hedge funds but this is clearly market manipulation, not economics at play.

It has been noted that it would take something like 1400 years for Tesla to make what it's stock is valued at.

That is economics at play?
Kind of. People are betting on Tesla’s future prospects. It’s a company developing cutting edge technology and rapidly expanding.

Gamestop ain’t that.

Shorting an Entity is not market manipulation?!
Agreed. The hedge funds are the ones shorting GameStop. People from Reddit are the ones banding together to manipulate the stock by artificially raising the price.
Translation...The Hedge Funds are manipulating the stock to make a profit.
This manipulation by Congress Critter supporters happens every day.
How are hedge funds manipulating the stock to make a profit?

Agreed. The hedge funds are the ones shorting GameStop. People from Reddit are the ones banding together to manipulate the stock by artificially raising the price.
figured some one with your knowledge would know that,,,

What happens to a business entity when many people with a shit ton of money short it's value?
Everyone jumps on board.
If I decide, in concert with many people, to play Devil's Advocate, am I breaking a law I never heard of?

figured some one with your knowledge would know that,,,
colfax knows dip.

LOL elites who love to bet against the market are freaking out. Let’s see how fast Congress acts to protect the hedge fund criminals that short sell stocks, and persecute regular people just buying a stock to help the company.

I've been following this from a distance and I'll wait for the SEC investigation to make a judgement but this sounds suspiciously like the "pump and dump" schemes from the early 2000's.

If there's evidence the Reddit people conspired to move the stock price that could pose a problem for them.

LOL elites who love to bet against the market are freaking out. Let’s see how fast Congress acts to protect the hedge fund criminals that short sell stocks, and persecute regular people just buying a stock to help the company.

I've been following this from a distance and I'll wait for the SEC investigation to make a judgement but this sounds suspiciously like the "pump and dump" schemes from the early 2000's.

If there's evidence the Reddit people conspired to move the stock price that could pose a problem for them.
Please tell me how many people buy a stock to not move the stock price.

I don’t know. I love trolling hedge funds but this is clearly market manipulation, not economics at play.

It has been noted that it would take something like 1400 years for Tesla to make what it's stock is valued at.

That equation applies to almost every Tech company now as it did back in Sep 2000.

Which really doesn't answer my question.

What happens to a business entity when many people with a shit ton of money short it's value?
Everyone jumps on board.
If I decide, in concert with many people, to play Devil's Advocate, am I breaking a law I never heard of?
I doubt you’re breaking a law, but the sum total is manipulation. There’s zero economic reasons for GameStop’s price to be that high.

Kind of. People are betting on Tesla’s future prospects. It’s a company developing cutting edge technology and rapidly expanding.

Gamestop ain’t that.

Kinda? It is or it isn't. No one is cashing out in 1400 years.

That equation applies to almost every Tech company now as it did back in Sep 2000.

Economics is a theory; that's why we have crashes just when all data indicates otherwise.

It is hard to sympathize with hedge fund short sellers. What is GameStop’s valuation? Over $10 billion dollars now I suspect. When it does fall, it will fall fast and furious.
It will. Thwy have been on the verge of bankruptcy for several years because they sell physical media and the transition to digital has left them behind.

Economics is a theory; that's why we have crashes just when all data indicates otherwise.

So the theory here is they can screw with stocks so then can others.

The topic concerns whether a group of Reddit users conspired to make sufficient purchases to move the stock, which was seriously oversold and force a short squeeze.

You're correct. shortong is not manipulation UNLESS the shorter then attempts to manipulate the market.

No one has enough information yet to make a factual determination. We need to wait for the SEC investigation but...

If this is a "thing" then it does pose a very serious threat to the economy. A significant portion of the nation's wealth is in these markets and the stability of the markets is essential to our economic well being.

So the theory here they can screw with stocks so then can others.
I worked for Bear-Stearns and stock manipulation was, and is, the name of the game.
The only thing that has changed is the technology that links reported positions to actual positions.
The fact is that any entity can manipulate their assets in 2,000 ways thanks to indecipherable Accounting Rules.

Very few people outside of mutual funds can trade enough stocks to move a stock's price.
But
Enough individual purchases, especially bidding over the current price, can move the market.
The question the SEC will be asking is if this was a concerted effort and if the purchases were made as investments or as part of a scheme.

Everybody who buys a stock is certain the price will go up
Everybody who sells is certain the price will go down.
Attempting to manipulate a stock's price is illegal.

You may want to look up Howard Hughes' selling of AA stock in the early 60s. His actions caused AA stock to crash. (I think it was AA, might have been TWA) He ended up testifying before Congress and new legislation and regulations followed.

Very few people outside of mutual funds can trade enough stocks to move a stock's price.
But
Enough individual purchases, especially bidding over the current price, can move the market.
The question the SEC will be asking is if this was a concerted effort and if the purchases were made as investments or as part of a scheme.

Everybody who buys a stock is certain the price will go up
Everybody who sells is certain the price will go down.
Attempting to manipulate a stock's price is illegal.

You may want to look up Howard Hughes' selling of AA stock in the early 60s. His actions caused AA stock to crash. (I think it was AA, might have been TWA) He ended up testifying before Congress and new legislation and regulations followed.
Cool...
Now tell us how every Financial "Expert" and Publication on earth didn't try to manipulate the Presidential Election and Stock Prices by being vehemently anti-Trump.

Gamestop ain’t that.

Kinda? It is or it isn't. No one is cashing out in 1400 years.
That would assume that Tesla’s profitability doesn’t change. People are betting otherwise.

Forum List

Back