Trade Schools

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022
I know quite a few young people that are happy they learned a skilled trade instead of being saddled with student loan debt.

Last edited:
More kids are choosing trade schools over college to avoid student loan debt and getting a good paying job.
Trade schools are phenomenal .. plumbers, electricians, HVAC resources are making bank .. 110% aligned with this career journey that pays dividends over time.

Trade schools are great. I went to one back in the late 70's and became a brick mason. I ended up in Dallas, TX and helped build hundreds of commercial buildings, laying brick, blocks, and stone. I worked in the trade for 12 years before attending night school at DeVry, then got an Associate's degree in electronics. DeVry became an actual university and I went to work for them repairing all the on-campus electronic equipment. Ten years of that was all I could stand, the job was stressful and unrewarding. I was the only in-house electronics technician at their campus in Irving, TX, and had to keep hundreds of pieces of equipment repaired and calibrated: Oscilloscopes, power supplies, data acquisition equipment, and other test and academic equipment, monitors, early IBM computers, and eventually Pentium computers.

I kinda miss laying bricks but still have nightmares about it. :laughing0301:

Less money than a Bachelors degree at your local friendly, liberal university ... and .. they pay well. Especially over time.

Many trade schools are as big a rip off as colleges.

They accept applicants with no chance to actually complete the course. First thing they do is teach them how to fill out a financial aid package.

Not all students are college material, not everyone is trade school material

Many trade schools are as big a rip off as colleges.

They accept applicants with no chance to actually complete the course. First thing they do is teach them how to fill out a financial aid package.

Not all students are college material, not everyone is trade school material
A plumber, electrician or HVAC technician will pay far more benefits than a DEI studies type student.

A plumber, electrician or HVAC technician will pay far more benefits than a DEI studies type student.

Many do
But being a plumber, electrician or HVAC technician is a lot more difficult than using a wrench and turning a screwdriver.
Many college students lack the skills to work a trade, many trade workers lack the skills to graduate college

Many do
But being a plumber, electrician or HVAC technician is a lot more difficult than using a wrench and turning a screwdriver.
Many college students lack the skills to work a trade, many trade workers lack the skills to graduate college
Many high school graduates aren't able to meet the require skills to progress .. like those from Baltimore that can't do basic reading, writing and math ... What's your point?

Many high school graduates aren't able to meet the require skills to progress .. like those from Baltimore that can't do basic reading, writing and math ... What's your point?

The point is that you can’t just tell college kids to go to trade school and you can’t just tell trade school students to go to college. Some kids can’t do either

Not just in Baltimore but in Buttfuk Iowa where the Trump voters are

The point is that you can’t just tell college kids to go to trade school and you can’t just tell trade school students to go to college. Some kids can’t do either

Not just in Baltimore but in Buttfuk Iowa where the Trump voters are
Yes . agree .. the current Biden outcome with education is lackluster .. they don't even know basic math, reading and writing. Glad you agree.

There are also a lot of unsavory trade schools out there.
Trade schools produce hard skills ... college produces soft skills .. the service industry is booming because its a non cyclical market .. frozen pipes from the recent icepalysponse .. they got it ... Major IT industries are laying off resources in the thousands (100s of thousands).

Yes . agree .. the current Biden outcome with education is lackluster .. they don't even know basic math, reading and writing. Glad you agree.

Do you have any data to support that or are you just parroting RW media?
Can you show where Biden controls our schools?

One can apprentice in the trades , and state run trade schools are cheap and common

I'd recommend it for any 'hands on' individual that isn't opposed to physical work in what may be somewhat unfavorable environments

One can climb the ladder from apprentice to journeyman to masters

There are also a number of trade organizations that will grant certifications validating participants

It can be a good living ........

~S~

More kids are choosing trade schools over college to avoid student loan debt and getting a good paying job.
both my kids went to college and then had to go to trade school to get a decent job,,

at least one of them got a free ride from baseball,,

One can apprentice in the trades , and state run trade schools are cheap and common

I'd recommend it for any 'hands on' individual that isn't opposed to physical work in what may be somewhat unfavorable environments

One can climb the ladder from apprentice to journeyman to masters

There are also a number of trade organizations that will grant certifications validating participants

It can be a good living ........

~S~

It can be a great living if you have the aptitude.
But not everyone makes it to master mechanic or running your own plumbing business.
Some only make it as far as changing tires and unclogging a toilet.

Forum List

Back