Townhall Gives Possibly Best / Most Honest Recap of Trump Administration Actions In Regards To COVID-19 I've Read

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
The article's focus is on Vice President (and others') criticism of President Trump's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic; however, the recap / description of how President Trump and his administration has dealt with it is perhaps the best I have read to date.

1st, the author of the article calls it like it is, pointing out that the President's boasts about his unique foresight and his administration's 'perfect' Coronavirus response is a non-serious piece of revisionist history, an attempt to highlight the current handling of the response versus the early days. The article is one of the most objective ones I have read because it points out both the early missteps while giving the President and administration credit for all of the things done right / well:

"President Trump's boasts about his unique foresight and his administration's 'perfect' Coronavirus response are unserious, inaccurate, revisionist. Even if one is inclined to give the president the benefit of the doubt -- and I think some in the peanut gallery relentlessly criticize him for political reasons -- even a cursory perusal of this Washington Post account and timeline published over the weekend should disabuse any fair-minded reader of the notion that Trump was on top of things from the beginning.

Much like many other governments around the world, and like nearly the entire political/media class here at home, the Trump administration was slow to grasp the breadth and severity of this crisis, dithering and downplaying until it was nearly right on top of us. To pretend otherwise is self-serving spin. I believe that after a period of damaging denial, Team Trump made a heel-turn and has been working 'round the clock to mitigate this pandemic. The president's tone and actions, with some unfortunate exceptions, have been noticeably better, winning praise from typically-hostile Democratic governors working closely with Trump's task force. Trump has been listening to experts, making tough but correct calls, and trying to move heaven and earth to help hard-hit hotspots. These improvements do not erase early failures -- which were unquestionably exacerbated by China's deceit -- but they are nevertheless praiseworthy.

Trump's restrictions were pilloried by many critics at the time as pointless and bigoted (denying this is another form of gaslighting). They, in fact, were absolutely necessary, and bought us valuable time (some of which was squandered, especially vis-a-vis the CDC's testing debacle). His subsequent restrictions on travel from Europe were also attacked, even as that continent became the global epicenter of the virus."

Town Hall NEVER posts anything honest, and they install trackers on your computer when you go on their site. SAD!

The article's focus is on Vice President (and others') criticism of President Trump's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic; however, the recap / description of how President Trump and his administration has dealt with it is perhaps the best I have read to date.

1st, the author of the article calls it like it is, pointing out that the President's boasts about his unique foresight and his administration's 'perfect' Coronavirus response is a non-serious piece of revisionist history, an attempt to highlight the current handling of the response versus the early days. The article is one of the most objective ones I have read because it points out both the early missteps while giving the President and administration credit for all of the things done right / well:

"President Trump's boasts about his unique foresight and his administration's 'perfect' Coronavirus response are unserious, inaccurate, revisionist. Even if one is inclined to give the president the benefit of the doubt -- and I think some in the peanut gallery relentlessly criticize him for political reasons -- even a cursory perusal of this Washington Post account and timeline published over the weekend should disabuse any fair-minded reader of the notion that Trump was on top of things from the beginning.

Much like many other governments around the world, and like nearly the entire political/media class here at home, the Trump administration was slow to grasp the breadth and severity of this crisis, dithering and downplaying until it was nearly right on top of us. To pretend otherwise is self-serving spin. I believe that after a period of damaging denial, Team Trump made a heel-turn and has been working 'round the clock to mitigate this pandemic. The president's tone and actions, with some unfortunate exceptions, have been noticeably better, winning praise from typically-hostile Democratic governors working closely with Trump's task force. Trump has been listening to experts, making tough but correct calls, and trying to move heaven and earth to help hard-hit hotspots. These improvements do not erase early failures -- which were unquestionably exacerbated by China's deceit -- but they are nevertheless praiseworthy.

Trump's restrictions were pilloried by many critics at the time as pointless and bigoted (denying this is another form of gaslighting). They, in fact, were absolutely necessary, and bought us valuable time (some of which was squandered, especially vis-a-vis the CDC's testing debacle). His subsequent restrictions on travel from Europe were also attacked, even as that continent became the global epicenter of the virus."

But ultimately, it's still a pivot to shift blame away from Trump and be critical of someone who the last time I looked, isn't President. His restriction from travel from China came on January 31st. About a week and a half too late. Now, maybe he gets more credit for that...if he does anything besides deny, deflect, downplay, tweet, and hold his pep rallies between January 31st and March 13th. He got taken to the woodshed after his disasterous address on March 11th and the subsequent market tank the next day.

Town Hall NEVER posts anything honest, and they install trackers on your computer when you go on their site. SAD!

1586195814487.jpeg

But ultimately, it's still a pivot to shift blame away from Trump and be critical of someone who the last time I looked, isn't President. His restriction from travel from China came on January 31st. About a week and a half too late. Now, maybe he gets more credit for that...if he does anything besides deny, deflect, downplay, tweet, and hold his pep rallies between January 31st and March 13th. He got taken to the woodshed after his disasterous address on March 11th and the subsequent market tank the next day.
Now it was too late.....then it was racist and an overreaction.

You are a clown.

As you ponder the MAGAness of our trajectory:

Do bear in mind that both the US and S Korea diagnosed their first COVID-19 cases on the exact same day; Jan 21.

You are a clown.

Infection Trajectory: See Which Countries are Flattening Their COVID-19 Curve

Do bear in mind that both the US and S Korea diagnosed their first COVID-19 cases on the exact same day; Jan 21.

1. Are the Democrats / snowflakes being irrationally hypercritical of this President and his administration?

What nation / government WAS ready for this pandemic?

2. Some things he and his administration are being criticized for are not entirely their blame to bear alone. As the article states:

"After the swine flu epidemic in 2009, a safety-equipment industry association and a federally sponsored task force both recommended that depleted supplies of N95 respirator masks, which filter out airborne particles, be replenished by the stockpile,” the Los Angeles Times reported. On Wednesday, President Donald Trump said during a press conference the country’s stockpile of personal protective equipment, including medical gear like N95 masks, is almost depleted...We rate this claim TRUE because it is supported by our research. There is no indication that the Obama administration took significant steps to replenish the supply of N95 masks in the Strategic National Stockpile after it was depleted from repeated crises. Calls for action came from experts at the time concerned for the country’s ability to respond to future serious pandemics. Such recommendations were, for whatever reason, not heeded."

Another example if Cuomo's criticism of the Trump administration regarding Ventilator Beds. In 2015 the CDC told Cuomo that he needed to order approx. 2,000 Ventilator Beds to meet the projected number that would be needed for an Influenza outbreak. Cuomo rejected their recommendation....

You are a clown.

No one called it racist. I heard the word xenophobic thrown around but overall, he got positive reviews for it even though it was tardy to the party.
So again bug eyes, explain the lack of action from January 31st to March 13th?

Do bear in mind that South Korea and the United States are 2 completely different nations.

You might as well as say China, who literally welded / sealed infected persons inside of their homes to prevent the spread of the virus, deserves more credit than Trump and this administration for controlling the spread better and flat-lining the curve faster.

No one called it racist. I heard the word xenophobic thrown around but overall, he got positive reviews for it even though it was tardy to the party.

It was when the President referenced COVID-19 as the 'China / Chinese Virus' that Leftists really exposed their TDS-suffering-fueled ignorance...

VOX called it 'dangerous'
CNBC called it racist
RollingStone called it racist
And on and on....

One poor stupid reporter asked him in a press conference, and he educated her right there in front of God and everybody.....

'Spanish flu' ring a bell?
Know what 'MERS' stands for?
Know what, beside the virus, Ebola is?
Ever heard of the West Nile Virus?

Bwuhahahahaha....

You are a clown.

Your ignorance of it being called racist is astounding.

And you are lying about inaction from 1/31 to 3/13, JackOfAllTards

It was when the President referenced COVID-19 as the 'China / Chinese Virus' that Leftists really exposed their TDS-suffering-fueled ignorance...

VOX called it 'dangerous'
CNBC called it racist
RollingStone called it racist
And on and on....

One poor stupid reporter asked him in a press conference, and he educated her right there in front of God and everybody.....

'Spanish flu' ring a bell?
Know what 'MERS' stands for?
Know what, beside the virus, Ebola is?
Ever heard of the West Nile Virus?

Bwuhahahahaha....

Well jeepers, you dug and found a few examples. Gold star for you. I'll take..some of it back. But to be fair, I don't see anything in these articles relating to the travel restriction being labeled as racist..which is what I was referring to. Both these articles are talking about his use of the term in relation to what he called the virus by attaching the word "Chinese" to it. I do see the RS article uses the term xenophobic..which I've already said was thrown around in relation to the travel restriction.

As for stupid reporters. I remember one stupid reporter asking him if he thought the term "Chinese food" was racist. I heard she got her credentials lifted. Who did she work for again?

A week and a half too late? Really?
7073D11E-0F23-4567-AB0E-FD9BD983999A.png

note that date from the WHO. Jan 14th.

View attachment 319865

Yep, they were a bit tardy to the party. But they quickly got it. I believe they reversed themselves days later and said it could indeed be transmitted from human to human. Trump was in Davos on January 22nd busy giving a speech of how it wasn't a big deal and it was under control. What prevented him from ordering action then? Sooooo, I ask again, the reason for inaction until March 13th was???

View attachment 319865

Yep, they were a bit tardy to the party. But they quickly got it. I believe they reversed themselves days later and said it could indeed be transmitted from human to human. Trump was in Davos on January 22nd busy giving a speech of how it wasn't a big deal and it was under control. What prevented him from ordering action then? Sooooo, I ask again, the reason for inaction until March 13th was???

Inaction?

December 31: China reports the discovery of the coronavirus to the World Health Organization.

January 6: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a travel notice for Wuhan, China due to the spreading coronavirus.

January 7: The CDC established a coronavirus incident management system to better share and respond to information about the virus.

January 11: The CDC issued a Level I travel health notice for Wuhan, China.

January 17: The CDC began implementing public health entry screening at the 3 U.S. airports that received the most travelers from Wuhan – San Francisco, New York JFK, and Los Angeles.

January 20: Dr. Fauci announces the National Institutes of Health is already working on the development of a vaccine for the coronavirus.

January 21: The CDC activated its emergency operations center to provide ongoing support to the coronavirus response.

January 23: The CDC sought a “special emergency authorization” from the FDA to allow states to use its newly developed coronavirus test.
January 27: The CDC issued a level III travel health notice urging Americans to avoid all nonessential travel to China due to the coronavirus.
January 29: The White House announced the formation of the Coronavirus Task Force to help monitor and contain the spread of the virus and provide updates to the president.
January 31: The Trump Administration:

• Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.

• Announced Chinese travel restrictions.

• Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.

January 31: The Department of Homeland Security took critical steps to funnel all flights from China into just 7 domestic U.S. airports.
February 3: The CDC had a team ready to travel to China to obtain critical information on the novel coronavirus, but were in the U.S. awaiting permission to enter by the Chinese government.
February 4: President Trump vowed in his State of the Union Address to “take all necessary steps” to protect Americans from the coronavirus.
February 6: The CDC began shipping CDC-Developed test kits for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus to U.S. and international labs.
February 9: The White House Coronavirus Task Force briefed governors from across the nation at the National Governors’ Association Meeting in Washington.
February 11: The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) expanded a partnership with Janssen Research & Development to “expedite the development” of a coronavirus vaccine.

You leave out the part where during this time Nancy Pelosi and Andrew Cuomo were telling people to go about their lives as normal, herding in large numbers, riding the subway, criticizing Trump's China travel ban, and fuming over their failed coup attempt.

During the time Schiff was manufacturing and presenting false evidence in the House Intel Committee, how many meetings did he have to discuss Intel about what was happening in China and if it could become a threat to the US?

View attachment 319865

Inaction?

December 31: China reports the discovery of the coronavirus to the World Health Organization.

January 6: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a travel notice for Wuhan, China due to the spreading coronavirus.

January 7: The CDC established a coronavirus incident management system to better share and respond to information about the virus.

January 11: The CDC issued a Level I travel health notice for Wuhan, China.

January 17: The CDC began implementing public health entry screening at the 3 U.S. airports that received the most travelers from Wuhan – San Francisco, New York JFK, and Los Angeles.

January 20: Dr. Fauci announces the National Institutes of Health is already working on the development of a vaccine for the coronavirus.

January 21: The CDC activated its emergency operations center to provide ongoing support to the coronavirus response.

January 23: The CDC sought a “special emergency authorization” from the FDA to allow states to use its newly developed coronavirus test.
January 27: The CDC issued a level III travel health notice urging Americans to avoid all nonessential travel to China due to the coronavirus.
January 29: The White House announced the formation of the Coronavirus Task Force to help monitor and contain the spread of the virus and provide updates to the president.
January 31: The Trump Administration:

• Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.

• Announced Chinese travel restrictions.

• Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.

January 31: The Department of Homeland Security took critical steps to funnel all flights from China into just 7 domestic U.S. airports.
February 3: The CDC had a team ready to travel to China to obtain critical information on the novel coronavirus, but were in the U.S. awaiting permission to enter by the Chinese government.
February 4: President Trump vowed in his State of the Union Address to “take all necessary steps” to protect Americans from the coronavirus.
February 6: The CDC began shipping CDC-Developed test kits for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus to U.S. and international labs.
February 9: The White House Coronavirus Task Force briefed governors from across the nation at the National Governors’ Association Meeting in Washington.
February 11: The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) expanded a partnership with Janssen Research & Development to “expedite the development” of a coronavirus vaccine.

LOL. Damn. I knew you were going to post this again. So, again, I'll ask. Where in this BS is the ACTION?? Outside of January 31st which I'll give you.
I mean any action? Social distancing? Quarantining of individuals who were sick? Tracing and tracking all those who had contact with them? And then quarantining or recommending isolation for those individuals? You see, that's how the response to a pandemic is handled. It would have been much easier to do in January.

You are a clown.

Infection Trajectory: See Which Countries are Flattening Their COVID-19 Curve

Your buddy Cuomhole in NY says they are flattening there as well.
I guess he's lying.

Forum List

Back