Tour de France fans that jump in front of riders

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I'm not a biker but I totally admire these guys. They are riding straight uphill in a hail storm and they have to deal with drunk morons jumping out in front of them and running along side. They need to be tazed, stupid f88krs.

I'm with you Mike. Any of those stupid fans that get too close should be tazed, but the trouble is, you can't clear the people out of the way fast enough with security, but maybe you could do something if you had 2 motorcycles riding side by side to clear them out initially, but they would just flow back into the road.

Last year, one of the riders actually hit a fan with his hand who got too close. Maybe part of the standard gear that the riders could have is electric cattle prods to get rid of the idiot fans.

And yeah................those riders are TOUGH. I used to ride a bicycle everywhere I went during the last 10 years in the Navy, and even though I did 50 to 100 miles/day for over 10 years, I was never anything close to what those guys are.

Every year we tuned in to see the Tour. Loved it! Gave up Comcast so we lost that bit of fun but we'd be dumbfounded at these stupid belligerent fans threatening the riders with running so near them. Seeing that moron get socked in the head was a delight! Bravo to that cyclist! They should that more often!

I'm with you Mike. Any of those stupid fans that get too close should be tazed, but the trouble is, you can't clear the people out of the way fast enough with security, but maybe you could do something if you had 2 motorcycles riding side by side to clear them out initially, but they would just flow back into the road.

Last year, one of the riders actually hit a fan with his hand who got too close. Maybe part of the standard gear that the riders could have is electric cattle prods to get rid of the idiot fans.

And yeah................those riders are TOUGH. I used to ride a bicycle everywhere I went during the last 10 years in the Navy, and even though I did 50 to 100 miles/day for over 10 years, I was never anything close to what those guys are.

That stupid runner should be fined, not the cyclist. If fans get too close - slap a fine on them.

Not only was it intense rain, but they also had hail they had to ride through today.

I've ridden in rain, and while not much fun, it's not that bad.

Hailstones though? Totally different story, I'd be looking for shelter.

That stupid runner should be fined, not the cyclist. If fans get too close - slap a fine on them.
I'd just spit on them, unless it was a little kid. Then I'd spit on his parents for letting their little kid get drunk.

I got a nice Kevlar riot helmet and spray painted it luminescent orange and I always wear that when riding my mountain bike.

Not only was it intense rain, but they also had hail they had to ride through today.

I've ridden in rain, and while not much fun, it's not that bad.

Hailstones though? Totally different story, I'd be looking for shelter.
I have done everything in the rain.

Football -- no problem -- just a little mud is all.

Track -- no problem -- slippery though.

Tennis -- no problem -- the ball just gets heavier as it gets soaked.

Golf -- no problem -- however the real danger there is lightning not rain -- the metal club attracts the bolts.

4WD-ing -- no problem -- the jeep grounds you from the lightning.

Mountain biking -- no problem -- my Kevlar riot helmet protects me.

I'd just spit on them, unless it was a little kid. Then I'd spit on his parents for letting their little kid get drunk.
When you are in a bike wreck there is no time for spitting.

I know spitting is a muslim thing.

But in a bike wreck you better be careful you don't bite your own tongue off.

Cutting off tongues is also a muslim thing.

It was

For real. I've run 16 marathons and I can't hold a candle to what those guys do, absolutely amazing.

Any grown man who dresses like big bird deserves to get punched. Unless he's on PBS.

yes, it should be legal to punch any grown man dressed like a yellow bird. Maybe even assrape should get a pass as well

When you are in a bike wreck there is no time for spitting.

I know spitting is a muslim thing.

But in a bike wreck you better be careful you don't bite your own tongue off.

Cutting off tongues is also a muslim thing.
So are you another USMB member who thinks that I am a Muslim because I make fun of Muslim radicals with my screen name and avatar?

I sure hope I'm not a Muslim.

I got in a serious BMX wreck a long time ago. A tree branch impaled me right through the gut. I was rushed to the hospital and they had to take out part of my pancreas.

Unlike some other human organs, the pancreas never regenerates.

So I've been taking dietary supplements made out of pig pancreas (creon) for about a quarter century or so now. And I also eat a lot of bacon, just because it tastes good.

So I sure hope I'm not Muslim.

Forum List

Back