Torture? Independent panel? GWB? Did we just have another terrorist attack?

which country did we invade?

Afghanistan was an event that for obvious reasons we were left with no choice.
Iraq? Saddam was given 10 years to do the right thing. Over 30 countries as well as the US congress decided that after 9-11 and after Hans Blix of the Un stated he had over 6500 WMDs un accounted for and had broke numerous UN regulations on Jan 27th 2003 the world had had enough
What would you have done?

If you feel that we are in the wrong, maybe you should move to Iraq or Afghanistan or France?

Good Luck with that

I think I'll stay here, thanks. Perhaps you should visit Afghanistan in an infantryman's uniform since you're such a badass and all. It'll give you a chance to kill Arabs up close and personal.

We have been sticking our nose in their business since before WWII.

We have no business over there. None.

How can you justify what we've done over there?

I tried to hire on with Halliburton
I am at an age in which even in 2001 they would not have me
War sucks. It amazes me the liberals never mention those who started these wars and the events that dated back many years with these situations.
Al Qaeda
Saddam
Without these people there are no wars and no killings
Exxon profits on Iraq not shipping oil, not the other way around
Killing is not what any of this is about. My goal in these threads is to un-do all the lying that has followed these events
GWB as well as congress did what it seen as the right thing to do post 9-11 world. Would you have these people continue to kill? Maim?

Such nonsense. If we leave those people alone, the chances are that they will leave us alone. We are the aggressors in these confrontations.

Yes, it is about killing. We kill them with impunity, desecrate their religion, rape them economically.

The smartest thing Bush did after 911 was pulling our troops from Saudi Arabia.

As for finding the perpetrators of 911, that's why we have investigative agencies and surgical strike capability.

Do you think hiring on with Halliburton is a brave, patriotic thing to do, or an attempt to cash in on the situation like a carpetbagger headed south?

Last edited:
Perhaps we should stop invading their countries, stealing their resources, insulting their religion and suborning their governments.

That might stop them.

Afghanistan was in response to terrorist attacks initiated by terrorists.
Iraq was in response to Saddam's invading Kuwait, and America was part of a 128 nation coalition. The second time was about UN sanctions Iraq was violating. You can't possibly be this dense.

Hans Blix clearly sated a number of violations that Saddam was breaking
1/27/2003
Including 6500 WMDs still missing today (all but 500, 500 were found)
please read for those who live in denial

Update 27 January 2003

And in his final report Jr?

The missing number is pure specualtion, determined from a small discrepancy in the amount of pre-cusror chemicals and the amount of material the UN inspectors coiuld verify that Iraq had destroyed. A very small amount of the total pre cursors shipped to him by the US and our allies was claimed to be missing. There was no evidence that they had restarted their nuclear program.

Those in denial are the one who don't believe the invasion and occuapation was about trying to keep control of their oil reserves in the hands of a government friendly to the US.

The left thinks we care if Bush tortured the terrorists.

Isn't that a hoot?

The torture and abuse was wide spread and not limited to a few select terror suspects.

1) Torture is an opinion that the justice dept clearly defined as NOT torture during the GWB admin
Truth matters

Abuse?
What abuse to whom?

Saddam gassing 1000s? okay

Yes, we can end torture by calling it something other than torture. That's downright creepy and Orwellian.

Saddam was working hand in hand with the CIA before they fell out. Where was the concern for his iron-fisted tactics then?

By the way, the US government knew Saddam had WMD because they supplied them to him. What happened to them is anybody's guess.

Our Mideast policy resembles an old Keystone Cops movie. It would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

We have a terrorist attack In Boston that with or without enhanced interrogation techniques may or may not have prevented it
We do know that it found UBL
We also know that an one who makes an issue of this and GWB then leaves out Al-Qaida has an agenda that is not pro American
Enhanced Interrogation techniques work. Not only do they work, but those few people they were used on deserved at the minimum that
My point is not beatings, but those people committed crimes that are in humane and deserved the death penalty. I cannot fathom after the events this week there are left wingers who are even talking about this
You know how to stop all of this?

No more terror attacks. Now how do we stop them with out intel?
How many millions of innocent Muslims has the US military murdered, maimed, and displaced since August of 1991? Your sanctimonious squeals about the events of this week reveal how completely un-American your politics of hate truly are. No more terror attacks? Stop murdering Muslim children on the opposite side of the planet for money and market share.

I think I'll stay here, thanks. Perhaps you should visit Afghanistan in an infantryman's uniform since you're such a badass and all. It'll give you a chance to kill Arabs up close and personal.

We have been sticking our nose in their business since before WWII.

We have no business over there. None.

How can you justify what we've done over there?

I tried to hire on with Halliburton
I am at an age in which even in 2001 they would not have me
War sucks. It amazes me the liberals never mention those who started these wars and the events that dated back many years with these situations.
Al Qaeda
Saddam
Without these people there are no wars and no killings
Exxon profits on Iraq not shipping oil, not the other way around
Killing is not what any of this is about. My goal in these threads is to un-do all the lying that has followed these events
GWB as well as congress did what it seen as the right thing to do post 9-11 world. Would you have these people continue to kill? Maim?

Such nonsense. If we leave those people alone, the chances are that they will leave us alone. We are the aggressors in these confrontations.

Yes, it is about killing. We kill them with impunity, desecrate their religion, rape them economically.

The smartest thing Bush did after 911 was pulling our troops from Saudi Arabia.

As for finding the perpetrators of 911, that's why we have investigative agencies and surgical strike capability.

Do you think hiring on with Halliburton is a brave, patriotic thing to do, or an attempt to cash in on the situation like a carpetbagger headed south?

I knew people killed in Iraq working for Bechtal.
Carpet bagger?
Working in a war zone to support those removing a mass murdering SOB is carpet bagging?
how old are you?
So what did we do to deserve 9-11?
What did we do to deserve saddam?

Be careful here, if you think what Saddam and UBL did is just? you need help
those people who jumped to there death in stead of burning to death on 9-11 may take issue with your opinion
also the 100s of thousands Saddam Murdered may take issue with your opinion of the US also
You have that right, think about how you got that right and allowed to keep it

The torture and abuse was wide spread and not limited to a few select terror suspects.

1) Torture is an opinion that the justice dept clearly defined as NOT torture during the GWB admin
Truth matters

Abuse?
What abuse to whom?

Saddam gassing 1000s? okay

Yes, we can end torture by calling it something other than torture. That's downright creepy and Orwellian.

Saddam was working hand in hand with the CIA before they fell out. Where was the concern for his iron-fisted tactics then?

By the way, the US government knew Saddam had WMD because they supplied them to him. What happened to them is anybody's guess.

Our Mideast policy resembles an old Keystone Cops movie. It would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

According to The New York Times, "he [Saddam] murdered as many as a million of his people, many with poison gas. He tortured, maimed and imprisoned countless more. His unprovoked invasion of Iran is estimated to have left another million people dead. His seizure of Kuwait threw the Middle East into crisis. More insidious, arguably, was the psychological damage he inflicted on his own land. Hussein created a nation of informants — friends on friends, circles within circles — making an entire population complicit in his rule".[9] Other estimates as to the number of Iraqis killed by Saddam's regime vary from roughly a quarter to half a million,[10][11] including 50,000 to 182,000 Kurds and 25,000 to 280,000 killed during the repression of the 1991 rebellion.[12][13] Estimates for the number of dead in the Iran-Iraq war range upwards from 300,000.[14]

The us government never manufactured WMDS and supplied them to Saddam Hussein
The US government never told Saddam Hussein to murder millions
When he did along with invading Kuwait, the world said that Saddam had went too far
10 years later and after 9-11 the world had had enough

There is something very wrong with a person who would defend either sad dam or UBL
Very wrong
Human rights in Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carpet bagger?
Working in a war zone to support those removing a mass murdering SOB is carpet bagging?
how old are you?

those people who jumped to there death in stead of burning to death on 9-11 may take issue with your opinion
also the 100s of thousands Saddam Murdered may take issue with your opinion of the US also

The civilans targeted on 9-11 did nothing to warrant being killed.

"Ancient History": U.S. Conduct in the Middle East Since World War Il and the Folly Of Intervention

On Saddam, do you mean why the Reagan administration made him an ally after it was well known what type of brutal thug he was? The world knew. It watched while he hung his opposition in public after he took power in 1979.

Or are you talking about his actions after he was snookered into the belief that we wouldn't defend Kuwait as if we had a mutual defense pact with them? (we didn't and while the crisis was building it's odd that the State department would make a statement about that fact too)

Carpet bagger?
how old are you?

"Ancient History": U.S. Conduct in the Middle East Since World War Il and the Folly Of Intervention

On Saddam, do you mean why the Reagan administration made him an ally after it was well known what type of brutal thug he was? The world knew. It watched while he hung his opposition in public after he took power in 1979.

Or are you talking about his actions after he was snookered into the belief that we wouldn't defend Kuwait as if we had a mutual defense pact with them? (we didn't and while the crisis was building it's odd that the State department would make a statement about that fact too)

RR making friends with Saddam?
say it aint so
My friend your hate for an American who dis agrees with you boggles the mind
Saddam killed millions and your talking about RR as he was at fault
we learned
we stopped
we enforced
So what did RR have to do with any of those killings?

Libs have no idea what the term accountability means

Carpet bagger?
how old are you?

say it aint so
we learned
we stopped
we enforced

Here we go again. I give you some facts about RR's preisdency (like taking Iraq off the Nation who suport terrorism, thus allowing Iraq to import Western duel use technololgy that allowed him to develop sophisticated WMD) and you accuse me of hate. Saddam was such an important ally in the region that the Reagan Administration fought congressional sanctions against Iraq for it's use of chemical weapon against both Iran and the Kurds.

Do you have no since of history?

say it aint so
we learned
we stopped
we enforced

Here we go again. I give you some facts about RR's preisdency (like taking Iraq off the Nation who suport terrorism, thus allowing Iraq to import Western duel use technololgy that allowed him to develop sophisticated WMD) and you accuse me of hate. Saddam was such an important ally in the region that the Reagan Administration fought congressional sanctions against Iraq for it's use of chemical weapon against both Iran and the Kurds.

If Iraq and Iran lives in peace do we have any of these issues to start with?
I do not accuse you have hate, I accuse you of being hard headed
RR and his dealings with IRAQ in that matter where wrong
Or should I say his admin

Against the Kurds?
you mean to tell me RR condoned Saddam gassing 1000s of his own people?

explain this
Trials

On December 23, 2005, a Dutch court sentenced Frans van Anraat, a businessman who bought chemicals on the world market and sold them to Saddam's regime, to 15 years in prison. The court ruled that Saddam committed genocide against the people of Halabja;[16] this was the first time the Halabja attack was described as an act of genocide in a court ruling. In March 2008, the government of Iraq announced plans to take legal action against the suppliers of chemicals used in the poison gas attack.[17]

Saddam Hussein was not charged by the Iraqi Special Tribunal for crimes against humanity relating to the events at Halabja. However, the Iraqi prosecutors had "500 documented baskets of crimes during the Hussein regime" and Hussein was condemned to death based on just one case (the 1982 Dujail Massacre).[18] Among several documents revealed during the trial of Saddam Hussein, one was a 1987 memo from Iraq's military intelligence seeking permission from the president's office to use mustard gas and the nerve agent sarin against Kurds. A second document said in reply that Saddam had ordered military intelligence to study the possibility of a "sudden strike" using such weapons against Iranian and Kurdish forces. An internal memo written by military intelligence confirmed it had received approval from the president's office for a strike using "special ammunition" and emphasized that no strike would be launched without first informing the president.[19] Saddam himself told the court: "In relation to Iran, if any military or civil official claims that Saddam gave orders to use either conventional or special ammunition, which as explained is chemical, I will take responsibility with honor. But I will discuss any act committed against our people and any Iraqi citizen, whether Arab or Kurdish. I don't accept any insult to my principles or to me personally."[20]

Saddam's cousin Ali Hassan al-Majid (who commanded Iraqi forces in northern Iraq in that period, which earned him a nickname of "Chemical Ali") was condemned to death by hanging by an Iraqi court in January 2010, after being found guilty of orchestrating the Halabja massacre. Al-Majid was first sentenced to hang in 2007 for his role in a 1988 military campaign against ethnic Kurds, codenamed Anfal, and in 2008 he also twice received a death sentence for his crimes against the Iraqi Shia Muslims, in particular for his role in crushing the 1991 uprisings in southern Iraq and his involvement in the 1999 killings in the Sadr City district of Baghdad (then called Saddam City). He was executed on January 25, 2010.[21]

You ignore this and attack RR
makes no sense to me

Last edited:
United States support for Iraq during the Iran?Iraq war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Truth lies here-in
what does RR have to do with my thread is beyond me
And
Supporting Iraq to beat Iran in a war were there were no winners and has no support needs with no war to start with is confusing as to how caused all of this and what any of this has to do with some panel stating that drinking water until you panic is torture

Any-one using chemical weapons against any-one else is wrong
IF RR supported that, he was wrong
but explain this
Trials

On December 23, 2005, a Dutch court sentenced Frans van Anraat, a businessman who bought chemicals on the world market and sold them to Saddam's regime, to 15 years in prison. The court ruled that Saddam committed genocide against the people of Halabja;[16] this was the first time the Halabja attack was described as an act of genocide in a court ruling. In March 2008, the government of Iraq announced plans to take legal action against the suppliers of chemicals used in the poison gas attack.[17]

Saddam Hussein was not charged by the Iraqi Special Tribunal for crimes against humanity relating to the events at Halabja. However, the Iraqi prosecutors had "500 documented baskets of crimes during the Hussein regime" and Hussein was condemned to death based on just one case (the 1982 Dujail Massacre).[18] Among several documents revealed during the trial of Saddam Hussein, one was a 1987 memo from Iraq's military intelligence seeking permission from the president's office to use mustard gas and the nerve agent sarin against Kurds. A second document said in reply that Saddam had ordered military intelligence to study the possibility of a "sudden strike" using such weapons against Iranian and Kurdish forces. An internal memo written by military intelligence confirmed it had received approval from the president's office for a strike using "special ammunition" and emphasized that no strike would be launched without first informing the president.[19] Saddam himself told the court: "In relation to Iran, if any military or civil official claims that Saddam gave orders to use either conventional or special ammunition, which as explained is chemical, I will take responsibility with honor. But I will discuss any act committed against our people and any Iraqi citizen, whether Arab or Kurdish. I don't accept any insult to my principles or to me personally."[20]

Saddam's cousin Ali Hassan al-Majid (who commanded Iraqi forces in northern Iraq in that period, which earned him a nickname of "Chemical Ali") was condemned to death by hanging by an Iraqi court in January 2010, after being found guilty of orchestrating the Halabja massacre. Al-Majid was first sentenced to hang in 2007 for his role in a 1988 military campaign against ethnic Kurds, codenamed Anfal, and in 2008 he also twice received a death sentence for his crimes against the Iraqi Shia Muslims, in particular for his role in crushing the 1991 uprisings in southern Iraq and his involvement in the 1999 killings in the Sadr City district of Baghdad (then called Saddam City). He was executed on January 25, 2010.[21]

say it aint so
we learned
we stopped
we enforced

Against the Kurds?

explain this
Trials

makes no sense to me

It not an attack, it history.

US-Iraq 1980s

Against the Kurds?

explain this
Trials

makes no sense to me

US-Iraq 1980s

why do you leave out the bad guys in your history?
I mean why I have no respect for the left any more is they will attack RR or W
but ignore Saddam and UBL, the true terrorist

Against the Kurds?

explain this
Trials

makes no sense to me

US-Iraq 1980s

Did you miss all the bad things Saddam did in the 80's that was listed?

Saddam and UBL hated each other.

US-Iraq 1980s

no one denys that
that did not prevent Al Qeada to establish a base in Iraq in 2002

also

Chechens
Fought us in Iraq (liberal media ignored) and were part of the reason so many people died
Maybe the group who are behind the Boston attack according to FOX news
Benghazi

You still feel the making a very evil terrorist to drink water till he panics that may have prevented these events is really that bad?
If you could save those lives, would you with those techniques?
It is that simple
No-one is saying that those events are for but those few who live to kill all of us

no one denys that
also

Chechens
Fought us in Iraq (liberal media ignored) and were part of the reason so many people died
Benghazi

You still feel the making a very evil terrorist to drink water till he panics that may have prevented these events is really that bad?
It is that simple
No-one is saying that those events are for but those few who live to kill all of us

The cell Zarqawi founded was centered in the Kurdish-controlled areas of northern Iraq. Interesting to note that that area was being protected by the US/UK imposed no-fly zone.

Fox is bad news for America.Benghazi

Torture and abuse was reported on at numerous locations in Afghanistan and Iraq. Not to mention our floating torture chambers and the process of rendition. The media focuses on just the waterboarding for a reason.

no one denys that
also

Chechens
Benghazi

It is that simple

The cell Zarqawi founded was centered in the Kurdish-controlled areas of northern Iraq. Interesting to note that that area was being protected by the US/UK imposed no-fly zone.

Fox is bad news for America.Benghazi

Torture and abuse was reported on at numerous locations in Afghanistan and Iraq. Not to mention our floating torture chambers and the process of rendition. The media focuses on just the waterboarding for a reason.

The difference with you and I?
The truth scares you
Fox news has news
then it has Hannity
I know the difference
MSNBC has clearly got nothing but opinion

MSNBC Coverage Almost Entirely Opinionated, While Fox News Includes More Factual Reporting, Study Says | Mediaite
85%

Ah yes...good old torture. So effective too...look a how many Jews confessed during the Inquisition and how many witches were burned at the stake.

"Over the last 100 years, anyone paying attention to the political landscape understands that the only way the “Progressives”, ( the liberals and most Democrats in Washington), have been successful, has been through the re-interpretation of the English language. For example, “torture”, known by anyone intellectually honest enough to read a dictionary as the infliction of pain, breaking of bones, leaving scars or permanent damage or death now encompasses scaring people. Scaring someone is not torture, period."
We Need To Emulate The Left, Change The Rules, Focus

Ah yes...good old torture. So effective too...look a how many Jews confessed during the Inquisition and how many witches were burned at the stake.

"Over the last 100 years, anyone paying attention to the political landscape understands that the only way the “Progressives”, ( the liberals and most Democrats in Washington), have been successful, has been through the re-interpretation of the English language. For example, “torture”, known by anyone intellectually honest enough to read a dictionary as the infliction of pain, breaking of bones, leaving scars or permanent damage or death now encompasses scaring people. Scaring someone is not torture, period."

without the terrorist
there is no reason for any of this
good post as well as avatar

Torture is now merely being uncomfortable.

Forum List

Back