Toronto police officer who shot renowned gunsmith won't talk to SIU

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Remember my posts when you consider Canada as an ally. What bothers me to no end is that great men fought fascism in Europe to ensure civil liberty and Rule of Law would exist here in Canada. It is not and has never existed here.

Tell me, a man who was shot in his own business without a warrant even being provided, and the murderer doesn't even have the courage, nor the obligation to speak? Is this a standard all Canadians should receive after they kill someone?

The OPP officer who was accused of shooting the newborn baby still hasn't spoken. Was he back at work the next day?

TPS, OPP, RCMP are the enemy of Canadian National Security, our reputation and economy. They also represent a threat to our allies by association (you are the company that you keep).

America HAS to pay attention to these cases. You have to ask Canada "what do you represent?" Bidens administration could be even more bold than Trumps in dealing with rogue allies.

The Toronto police officer who shot gunsmith Rodger Kotanko nearly a month ago won't talk to Ontario's police watchdog.

Special Investigations Unit (SIU) spokesperson Kristy Denette told CBC Hamilton on Tuesday morning, the subject officer also "declined to release his notes, as is his legal right."

Kotanko's family and their lawyer say they're not surprised but are disappointed.

"Jessie, his wife, she just cries all the time," Jeff Kotanko, Rodger's brother, said in an afternoon phone call.

"She gave up her life in China to come here and spend her life with him and … now he's just gone and she's alone. Her whole life has been destroyed."

I assume there would be a trial and he'll have to talk then.

No. There won't be a trial.

SIU will say that they don't have any witnesses or sufficient evidence since no one will talk, so, they will just assume "hey, a cop killed him, it must have been for a good reason'. He will be cleared and on to the next victim.

Unless there were video cameras running, he's good to go. No warrant. No heads up to the Hamilton police.

The abuses by police happen everyday in this country, our citizens get the system they accept. America better wake up and realize what your "allies" really represent. TPS is just one of many. This is the Canadian Experience.

Remember my posts when you consider Canada as an ally. What bothers me to no end is that great men fought fascism in Europe to ensure civil liberty and Rule of Law would exist here in Canada. It is not and has never existed here.

Tell me, a man who was shot in his own business without a warrant even being provided, and the murderer doesn't even have the courage, nor the obligation to speak? Is this a standard all Canadians should receive after they kill someone?

The OPP officer who was accused of shooting the newborn baby still hasn't spoken. Was he back at work the next day?

TPS, OPP, RCMP are the enemy of Canadian National Security, our reputation and economy. They also represent a threat to our allies by association (you are the company that you keep).

America HAS to pay attention to these cases. You have to ask Canada "what do you represent?" Bidens administration could be even more bold than Trumps in dealing with rogue allies.

The Toronto police officer who shot gunsmith Rodger Kotanko nearly a month ago won't talk to Ontario's police watchdog.

Special Investigations Unit (SIU) spokesperson Kristy Denette told CBC Hamilton on Tuesday morning, the subject officer also "declined to release his notes, as is his legal right."

Kotanko's family and their lawyer say they're not surprised but are disappointed.

"Jessie, his wife, she just cries all the time," Jeff Kotanko, Rodger's brother, said in an afternoon phone call.

"She gave up her life in China to come here and spend her life with him and … now he's just gone and she's alone. Her whole life has been destroyed."

You lot up there on the edge of the far north are clinging by a last golden thread to some semblance of democracy and personal freedom. Years ago my first wife and I, while living in Detroit, would escape the scum polluted madness of that town across the bridge to Windsor. To think a Canadian city used to seem like an even shinier one on an even higher hill. Now your cities are becoming totalitarian prisons and your countryside is throbbing with the cold light of dwindling freedom. I'd say, "Get out of there, come down here—to America," but frankly, America isn't much better these days.

You lot up there on the edge of the far north are clinging by a last golden thread to some semblance of democracy and personal freedom. Years ago my first wife and I, while living in Detroit, would escape the scum polluted madness of that town across the bridge to Windsor. To think a Canadian city used to seem like an even shinier one on an even higher hill. Now your cities are becoming totalitarian prisons and your countryside is throbbing with the cold light of dwindling freedom. I'd say, "Get out of there, come down here—to America," but frankly, America isn't much better these days.

America is much better, I will explain why.

First, you are by far the most passionate and engaging people. I mean that. You are open to debate, discussion, you laugh at yourselves and don't take life too seriously. People think it's Canadians who are like this, and they are in some parts. Maybe only Newfoundland is as easy going as those in your southern states. You simply know how to take a joke (and dish it out).

Second, you are the most generous people on earth. In terms of charity, standing up for the downtrodden. It's one reason of many I despise the race-baiters in your country. Anyone who suggestes that Americans are inherently racists are FOS.

Third, you have a legitimate Justice system and access to legal help and organizations. In Canada, if you have a legal problem, you're finished. In the U.S you at least have some assistance and minimal required Pro-Bono legal help. This ensures that civil liberties, transparency and accountability is held. It's one of the ways the apparatus destroys citizens.

Finally (I'm sure I could find other positive points), you have opportunity for anyone with hard work ethic, drive and/or talent. It's why we lack innovation, while America drives it.

I've said it too many times, but I mean it, if I had been born in America, even in an inner city as I was (assuming I didn't get killed), I'd be worth millions today and probably have a few businesses on the go.

My entire life I have been an A.D.D type person. Sometimes emotional and naive, but endless energy. This translates well in the "go get them" American system of capitalism. NOT the nepotism, creepy, unaccountable "Old Boys Club" police state that Canada represents.

Forum List

Back