Top 30 songs from 1967

What, no Beatles?

I haven't run the video but I know for a fact that Bobbie Gentry, pictured in its screenshot, put out the record that knocked the Beatles off the #1 LP spot. The LP was Sargent Pepper. She might have knocked off the single as well.

I don't think Capitol records was too concerned since they were both on their label.

We Boomers had the best of everything
drunk 1a b.jpg

Modern Top 40 is formulaic but some of it is much better than the earlier crap, though it's nearly all aimed at the same market demographic it's alwasy been aimed at since the 1950's, 11 year year old girls. Whitney Houston and Adele and the like are far superior vocalists.

Modern Top 40 is formulaic but some of it is much better than the earlier crap, though it's nearly all aimed at the same market demographic it's alwasy been aimed at since the 1950's, 11 year year old girls. Whitney Houston and Adele and the like are far superior vocalists.

Know almost all 30 and still listen to most of them

I don’t think I would recognize five from last year

Near and dear stuff RW'er , played a lot of 'em over the years too.

Butcha know oldies mostly sell to oldies , and oldies don't stay awake out in bars spending $$$ , so it's all the new sh*t now

so i wait until they resurface....two i snuck in>>>

check out that woman B player, good lord i'm in love!

~S~

Know almost all 30 and still listen to most of them

I don’t think I would recognize five from last year

Near and dear stuff RW'er , played a lot of 'em over the years too.

Butcha know oldies mostly sell to oldies , and oldies don't stay awake out in bars spending $$$ , so it's all the new sh*t now

so i wait until they resurface....two i snuck in>>>

check out that woman B player, good lord i'm in love!

~S~

Amazing how many of those songs are still active in popular culture appearing in soundtracks and theme songs.
Most young people are very familiar with most of the songs on that list.

Forum List

Back