Top 10 movies of all time

Oh, wait, there are more:
  • Jurassic Park
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • The DaVinci Code
  • Jaws
  • Amityville Horror
  • The Frozen Ground
Saving Private Ryan, the grave scene... I am not at all ashamed to say I shed a tear. When he asked his wife to tell him he was a good man, and he was worth these men dying while rescuing him... oh man.
This movie belongs. Great one.

Three Colors Red - I know right? Never heard of it. Watched a trailer - still never heard of it. Probably made the list because they felt they have to include a foreign film

If they just wanted to do that then Le Grand Illusion by Renior is a far better choice.

I just don't like Tom Cruise.
His ego and desire to only play the hero role ruins him. He has enormous potential to be one of the true greats... but wastes it on playing the same guy movie after movie.

What's funny about Cruise is that, in the movie "Taps", with George C. Scott, Cruise had a relatively minor role (certainly in comparison to Timothy Hutton. But now, years later, Cruise is a megastar and no one seems to be able to name Hutton's last film role...

This is an interesting set of lists. One is according to critics, before the internet this is who got to say what is and what isn't a good movie.
The second is audience only. No critics.

According to critics:
1 - Citizen Kane 1941
2 - The Godfather 1972
3 - Rear Window 1954
4 - Casablanca 1943
5 - Boyhood 2014
6 - Three Colors Red 1994
7 - Vertigo 1958
8 - Notorious 1946
9 - Singing in the Rain 1952
10 - City Lights. 1930

As rated by audiences:
1 - Shawshank Redemption 1994
2 - The Godfather 1972
3 - The Dark Knight 2008
4 - Godfather II 1976
5 - 12 Angry Men 1957
6 - Schindler's List 1993
7 - Lord of the Rings: Return of the King 2003
8 - Pulp Fiction 1994
9 - Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings 2001
10 - Good, Bad and the Ugly 1966

The critics list leaves a lot to be desired. Two of them I had never even heard of before.
The audience lists, not surprisingly, has newer films. But I have heard and seen every one of them.
Who got it right the most?
My number one movie is Good, Bad, and the Ugly.

Another of my Top Ten movies is Koyaanisqatsi. No one ever mentions it. I must be the only person alive who has seen it.

I just found out The Simpsons spoofed it!

Another of my Top Ten movies is Koyaanisqatsi. No one ever mentions it. I must be the only person alive who has seen it.

I just found out The Simpsons spoofed it!

I remember renting it in the early 80s
Too strange
Haven‘t seen it since

Three Colors Red - I know right? Never heard of it. Watched a trailer - still never heard of it. Probably made the list because they felt they have to include a foreign film
Some people throw those into the list to make themselves seem more sophisticated.

For example Citizen Kane sucked ass....but everyone in Hollywood thinks it's a masterpiece because of the camera work. I tend to like films that have great scripts and acting.

Some people throw those into the list to make themselves seem more sophisticated.

For example Citizen Kane sucked ass....but everyone in Hollywood thinks it's a masterpiece because of the camera work. I tend to like films that have great scripts and acting.
Like Star Trek 2 huh?

Orson Wells overacts terribly and the story was not that great

The movie is OK and worth a watch, but hardly the best ever

This is an interesting set of lists. One is according to critics, before the internet this is who got to say what is and what isn't a good movie.
The second is audience only. No critics.

According to critics:
1 - Citizen Kane 1941
2 - The Godfather 1972
3 - Rear Window 1954
4 - Casablanca 1943
5 - Boyhood 2014
6 - Three Colors Red 1994
7 - Vertigo 1958
8 - Notorious 1946
9 - Singing in the Rain 1952
10 - City Lights. 1930

As rated by audiences:
1 - Shawshank Redemption 1994
2 - The Godfather 1972
3 - The Dark Knight 2008
4 - Godfather II 1976
5 - 12 Angry Men 1957
6 - Schindler's List 1993
7 - Lord of the Rings: Return of the King 2003
8 - Pulp Fiction 1994
9 - Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings 2001
10 - Good, Bad and the Ugly 1966

The critics list leaves a lot to be desired. Two of them I had never even heard of before.
The audience lists, not surprisingly, has newer films. But I have heard and seen every one of them.
Who got it right the most?
1 - Citizen Kane 1941
2 - Rear Window 1954
3 - Casablanca 1943
4 - Vertigo 1958
5 - Singing in the Rain 1952
6 - City Lights. 1930

IMHO, and this is just my opinion these are among the top 10 also
The Third Man
The Treasury of Sierra Madre
Dr. Zhivago
Ryan's Daughter