Top 10 movies of all time

1647096722521.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

I agree. And it shows the problem of critics, they tend to rate movies for the idea of it, or artistic flare.

When I look at a movie review on Rotten Tomatoes

If it has a good audience rating and bad critic ratings, I will watch it

If it has good critic ratings and bad audience ratings, I will stay away

"Critics" are known for hating movies that become obsessive classics and cult movies, so I've NEVER given a shit what a "critic" thinks of any movie. They are paid by the companies they work for to rate movies that their bosses have vested interests in........just like the media and their "journalists".

As for those lists of movies.....

According to critics:
1 - Citizen Kane 1941 -- barely held my interest enough to get thru the entire movie.
2 - The Godfather 1972 -- a complete yawnfest. I think I fell asleep a couple times.
3 - Rear Window 1954 -- a good movie, but not this noteworthy.
4 - Casablanca 1943 -- I've seen this a few times. Yes, it's ok, but not THIS ok.
5 - Boyhood 2014 -- Never heard of it.
6 - Three Colors Red 1994 -- Never heard of it.
7 - Vertigo 1958 -- Never heard of it.
8 - Notorious 1946 -- Never heard of it.
9 - Singing in the Rain 1952 -- fun movie, nothing this noteworthy though.
10 - City Lights. 1930 -- Never heard of it.

As rated by audiences:
1 - Shawshank Redemption 1994 -- I like Morgan Freeman, otherwise I'd have never watched it. Meh.
2 - The Godfather 1972 -- Yawn.
3 - The Dark Knight 2008 -- Double YAWN. Again, Morgan Freeman.
4 - Godfather II 1976 -- Yawn II.
5 - 12 Angry Men 1957 -- Ok, now we're talking.
6 - Schindler's List 1993 -- Yes.....unfortunately (because of the story).
7 - Lord of the Rings: Return of the King 2003 - Tons of CGI do not make a movie, no matter how much I liked it.
8 - Pulp Fiction 1994 -- Never had any interest in this, although I love Uma Thurman.
9 - Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings 2001 - Again, CGI does not make a movie something to put on this list.
10 - Good, Bad and the Ugly 1966 -- Clint Eastwood......hell yes!

I'm curious to know why the first three Star Wars aren't on this list, or even the first Star Trek Motion Picture.

I'm also curious to know what filters they used to categorize and pick these movies as noteworthy enough to put on these lists? Ticket sales? Script writers? Story content? Directors? Producers? Personal opinion?

I'm not exactly sure what movies I would have on this list. I like so many movies for so many different reasons.

In no particular order

Oh brother where art thou?
Fight club
V for vendetta
Amalie
Watchmen
Being John Malcovich
It's a wonderful life
To kill a mockingbird
Blues Brothers
Joker

Oh yes.........Fight Club was a weirdly awesome movie. V for Vendetta was also great.
Watchmen would have been better if it was shortened. It dragged out WAY too long for me.

To Kill a Mockingbird should definitely be on the list............which makes me think A Time To Kill should also be on this list!!

This is an interesting set of lists. One is according to critics, before the internet this is who got to say what is and what isn't a good movie.
The second is audience only. No critics.

According to critics:
1 - Citizen Kane 1941
2 - The Godfather 1972
3 - Rear Window 1954
4 - Casablanca 1943
5 - Boyhood 2014
6 - Three Colors Red 1994
7 - Vertigo 1958
8 - Notorious 1946
9 - Singing in the Rain 1952
10 - City Lights. 1930

As rated by audiences:
1 - Shawshank Redemption 1994
2 - The Godfather 1972
3 - The Dark Knight 2008
4 - Godfather II 1976
5 - 12 Angry Men 1957
6 - Schindler's List 1993
7 - Lord of the Rings: Return of the King 2003
8 - Pulp Fiction 1994
9 - Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings 2001
10 - Good, Bad and the Ugly 1966

The critics list leaves a lot to be desired. Two of them I had never even heard of before.
The audience lists, not surprisingly, has newer films. But I have heard and seen every one of them.
Who got it right the most?

Any list without Tombstone is bullshit.

Oh yes.........Fight Club was a weirdly awesome movie. V for Vendetta was also great.
Watchmen would have been better if it was shortened. It dragged out WAY too long for me.

To Kill a Mockingbird should definitely be on the list............which makes me think A Time To Kill should also be on this list!!
Fight Club is almost unbelievably intricate. You see something new every time you watch it.

Forum List

Back