Top 10 martial arts for self defense

never bring martial arts......to a gun or knife fight.
The martial arts may allow you to gain control of your enemy's weapon and use it against him.

Anyone with a gun who stands close enough to have it taken, deserves to have it taken.
Agreed.
We practiced disarming assailants with kicks.
I could do it at one time. I could snap a kick to the wrist hard enough to break a gun free faster than you could react and squeeze the trigger.

Anyone who trained enough could do ever better. I miss my youth.

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick
Jack see mugger, Jack give kick
Jack show daring, jack show skill
Jack shown bullet, quicker still.

1606106472931.png

I am just a hobbyist but I think I can accurately post it

1) MMA - you get a good mix of everything and it’s famous ground and pound

2) Boxing - easy to learn and highly effective . Just don’t think you will ever be mayweather

3) wrestling - has plenty of standing and ground and you will dominate . Very complex ‘

4) Muay Thai - fightinge with 8 limbs !! Easy to learn but you may never be good

5) BJJ.- ground submission system that is harder than advanced calculus

6)judo - one good throw ends it but it’s very killer on the body and super complex and loses effectiveness with the no gi

I. Tai Chi - Push hands and hook fingers. Execute quickly and correctly and you can pull your opponent's head apart—quite literally.

II. Ninjitsu - Self explanatory.

III. Aikido - If you're good you will make it through a crowd quickly.

IV. Kenpo - Good strikes. Do it fast and it's all over.

What you've listed are sport arts—fighting by rules, structured. Do that in a street fight and it won't be pretty, unless your opponent is a drunk asshole. In a "real" fight the only way you're gonna survive other than running away like warp speed, is by ripping and tearing important parts of your opponent's anatomy, popping ribs or gouging eyes. But what do I know, right?

2) Boxing - easy to learn and highly effective . Just don’t think you will ever be mayweather

3) wrestling - has plenty of standing and ground and you will dominate . Very complex ‘

4) Muay Thai - fightinge with 8 limbs !! Easy to learn but you may never be good

6)judo - one good throw ends it but it’s very killer on the body and super complex and loses effectiveness with the no gi

I. Tai Chi - Push hands and hook fingers. Execute quickly and correctly and you can pull your opponent's head apart—quite literally.

What you've listed are sport arts—fighting by rules, structured. Do that in a street fight and it won't be pretty, unless your opponent is a drunk asshole. In a "real" fight the only way you're gonna survive other than running away like warp speed, is by ripping and tearing important parts of your opponent's anatomy, popping ribs or gouging eyes. But what do I know, right?
Krav Maga (dirty fighting)

Ching ching pow is by far the most effective self defense system on the planet.

Try to getting hit with a left hook and you can lose all consciousness

No you can't. Why would you think a mere hobbyist could post judgements and determinations about the merits of fighting systems you know nothing about?
I Know what I am taking about

Sure you do child, that's why you're a hobbyist (novice dabbler beginner) who declared Blue Lee's fighting system and the basis for all of Asia's martial arts as merely "silly."

There is no best style.

Most fights end in seconds and the guy who gets the first good hit usually wins.

That said I would look at Krav Maga. It's not a style based fighting it's more down and dirty real world.

And that said if you have no option but to fight you go for a throat punch, rake the eyes or a hard shot to the groin.

There is no such thing as an illegal strike in the real world

There is no best style.

Most fights end in seconds and the guy who gets the first good hit usually wins.

That said I would look at Krav Maga. It's not a style based fighting it's more down and dirty real world.

And that said if you have no option but to fight you go for a throat punch, rake the eyes or a hard shot to the groin.

You mean chop the throat or poke the eyes in a jab
You are not going to rake the eyes in real life

BJJ is 80 percent garbage and 20 percent amazing
This is from one Gracie and my own experience

There is no best style.

You mean chop the throat or poke the eyes in a jab
You are not going to rake the eyes in real life

If you're close enough to punch you are close enough to rake the guys face across his eyes.

The throat punch is my first choice

Forum List

Back