Too much testing makes the US look bad...

That is hilarious since mass testing isn't very useful, because testing is only useful when you have symptoms to test for, otherwise anything that takes up medical personnel chasing after healthy people is a waste of time and effort.

Testing to see if you have it (rare) is a waste of time and money, I know of people who got tested a MONTH or two ago (negative) now gets sick weeks later.

I'm not sure where all this testing is going on. Maine is still short of tests. The Senate doctor did not have enough to test the 100 senators coming back Monday. As far as I know, testing is still not being done on the population at large. I think the testing is so extensive because they are trying to figure out if contacts have caught it once someone tests positive. According to Worldometers today, the US has over a million ACTIVE cases. Maybe THAT is why there are so many tests.

Trump sounds like a nimcompoop.
The disparity in testing availability still seems strange. They no longer even require symptoms for testing at the health department here. It has been available for a while. Local larger private clinics are getting in on it trying to attract people for testing, even advertising on TV commercials to one and all, especially if they are wanting the anti-body test, and promising 2 day or less results on all testing, yet I read on here and get the impression from 24/7 news/entertainment that many places cannot get testing even if symptomatic. The toilet paper thing is catching up. When does testing availability come up. Hopefully it is not a matter of holding back testing where they expect to find it, to avoid it looking bad, as if plans were not working.
What state are you in? We are not a "hotspot" thankfully. The governor said she keeps asking for more test kits from the feds, who have bought up an enormous amount as soon as they became available. The feds, though, are directing the kits to the states with high case rates. She admits that makes sense, but it leaves us short.

Our state is run by a Democrat at the moment, so I don't believe they are holding back testing to make us look good.
Good news on the horizon. This was in the morning news:

With Maine aiming to triple its coronavirus testing capacity by the end of next week, doctors are relieved that more will be diagnosed while warning that more protective equipment will be needed to treat an influx of patients. But doctors are still awaiting new state guidelines on testing and their top Maine advocacy group said supplies of testing equipment and protective gear will need to increase simultaneously as more sick patients come into offices and other restrictions on care lift.

I'm not sure where all this testing is going on. Maine is still short of tests. The Senate doctor did not have enough to test the 100 senators coming back Monday. As far as I know, testing is still not being done on the population at large. I think the testing is so extensive because they are trying to figure out if contacts have caught it once someone tests positive. According to Worldometers today, the US has over a million ACTIVE cases. Maybe THAT is why there are so many tests.

Trump sounds like a nimcompoop.
The disparity in testing availability still seems strange. They no longer even require symptoms for testing at the health department here. It has been available for a while. Local larger private clinics are getting in on it trying to attract people for testing, even advertising on TV commercials to one and all, especially if they are wanting the anti-body test, and promising 2 day or less results on all testing, yet I read on here and get the impression from 24/7 news/entertainment that many places cannot get testing even if symptomatic. The toilet paper thing is catching up. When does testing availability come up. Hopefully it is not a matter of holding back testing where they expect to find it, to avoid it looking bad, as if plans were not working.
What state are you in? We are not a "hotspot" thankfully. The governor said she keeps asking for more test kits from the feds, who have bought up an enormous amount as soon as they became available. The feds, though, are directing the kits to the states with high case rates. She admits that makes sense, but it leaves us short.

Our state is run by a Democrat at the moment, so I don't believe they are holding back testing to make us look good.
Mid western section of Tennessee. Website says the county only has 148 cases and 1 death in a county of approx. 98,000. Not on lockdown, just using masking in stores and business advised as well as trying to maintain distance and hand washing/sanitizing, etc. Slowly opening back up cautiously. Looking at the street traffic, home improvement stores, grocery stores and interstate construction you would think we were back to normal.

Trump has always been facts over image. Like any politician, he monitors his image and is concerned about it because if it gets too bad he can't get reelected and do more of the great work he's done for the nation. But, unlike any Democrat in the history of Democrats, as far as I know, he continues to tell the truth even though he has to explain that the press is twisting his words of truth.

Thanks, I haven't laughed this hard in quite some time! :auiqs.jpg:

That is the reason republicans oppose testing. They’d rather have people die than make the blob look bad

Lol. Extrapolating the numbers, there are probably about 20 million infected with, 60-80 percent asymptomatic. This drives the mortality rate even lower so be careful what you're begging for.
I kind of like the mortality rate dropping. Some place being much more hot spot problem than others, I favor state and local governments using their best judgment as they work toward opening back up. Makes sense.

Why does the Dithering Dotard continue to tell this stupid lie?

• "The media likes to say we have the most cases, but we do, by far, the most testing. If we did very little testing, we wouldn't have the most cases. So, in a way, by doing all of this testing, we make ourselves look bad," Trump said on Wednesday.
Last time I checked we were 6th or 7th in per capita testing. Well, at least "The Idiot" exposed his true motivation. If we stop testing, it will disappear - Like MAGIC!!

Back to work you shiftless bums. Get infected - Get Grandma infected - No one will notice cuz she was old anyway. Testing? BAH ... DAILY testing for ME but not even once for THEE!! :rolleyes-41:

That is the reason republicans oppose testing. They’d rather have people die than make the blob look bad
Show us where republicans oppose testing. You can't so you won't
Is dOnald tRump a republican?

'Cause he just showed you where he opposed testing.

If that what your leftist brain tells you he said ok.

As Sonny and Cher once said - The Beat Goes On!

he-didnt-say-that-and-if-he-did-he-didnt-37963939.png

And now we have a special performance of Dostoevsky "The Idiot".
We now present that idiot...
Trump says doing too much coronavirus testing makes the US 'look bad' as he pushes for the country to reopen

"The media likes to say we have the most cases, but we do, by far, the most testing. If we did very little testing, we wouldn't have the most cases.

Yet another Rumpism, or as we used to call it, a "lie".

At the moment we have tested exactly 2.624% of our population. By contrast Iceland has tested 15.5%. The Faeroe Islands have tested over 17%. Those countries were hit early and responded with testing and as a result arrested the spread. Same is true of San Marino (8.71%).

Island Active 0501.jpg
Iceland has a total of TEN (10) deaths, the last one occurring three weeks ago. In the past month it has reduced its number of active cases from over a thousand to currently a total of 26. The Faeroe Islands haven't even recorded a new case in over two weeks, and zero deaths.

.Among larger countries that have tested more than we have are Canada (2.74%), Australia (3.1+%), Austria (3.46%), Norway (3.61%), Italy (4.04%), Portugal (5.07%), Israel (5.21%) and Denmark (5.33%). On the whole list the US ranks 41st in testing per population.

Last edited:
Show us where republicans oppose testing. You can't so you won't
Is dOnald tRump a republican?

'Cause he just showed you where he opposed testing.

If that what your leftist brain tells you he said ok.

As Sonny and Cher once said - The Beat Goes On!

he-didnt-say-that-and-if-he-did-he-didnt-37963939.png
Nice graphic. Hits it on the nose.

Lol. Extrapolating the numbers, there are probably about 20 million infected with, 60-80 percent asymptomatic. This drives the mortality rate even lower so be careful what you're begging for.
I kind of like the mortality rate dropping. Some place being much more hot spot problem than others, I favor state and local governments using their best judgment as they work toward opening back up. Makes sense.

Fair nuff, but why cock-block the 17 page CDC report that would have given idiot governors like Abbott, Kemp, Reynolds and DeSantis some detailed guidance as to best practices? Because I don't think these Trumptards are particularly versed in "best judgement" with regard to science and medicine.

Last edited:

The mortality rate isn't something known until it's all over. As for the rest of the post, "probably 20 million" sounds like a random shot in the dark, there are certainly more than we know of but the salient point here is that those asymptomatics, which can account for half the positive tests, as long as they're unidentified as carriers, continue to spread the virus to others wherever they go, and as long as that goes on we continue to allow the virus new hosts to infect. We are in effect Sisyphus pushing the rock uphill.

That's exactly why testing is so crucial, so that those asymptomatic carriers can be identified and then quarantined. That's how Iceland and South Korea and Taiwan and the other places that have flattened their curve, did it.

How one Small Italian Town Cut its CV Cases to Zero in Just a Few Weeks

Iceland's Mass Testing Shows Up to Half of Carriers Show No Symptoms

Fair nuff, but why cock-block the 17 page CDC report that would have given idiot governors like Abbott, Kemp, Reynolds and DeSantis some detailed guidance as to best practices? Because I don't think these Trumptards are particularly versed in "best judgement" with regard to science and medicine.
Don't know. My Republican Governor has been taking a nice measured approach since, this thing started it seems, along with mayor and county mayor. The truth is apparently out there for responsible public officials that want it. Unfortunately, the people of the various states are stuck with the leadership they put in place prior to this pandemic, whether they approve of the executive actions taken (for whatever reason (real or political) (knowledge based or whimsy) or not. Voting evaluatively, by your best long-term interests in mind, not party affiliation is a pretty important responsibility.

The mortality rate isn't something known until it's all over. As for the rest of the post, "probably 20 million" sounds like a random shot in the dark, there are certainly more than we know of but the salient point here is that those asymptomatics, which can account for half the positive tests, as long as they're unidentified as carriers, continue to spread the virus to others wherever they go, and as long as that goes on we continue to allow the virus new hosts to infect. We are in effect Sisyphus pushing the rock uphill.

That's exactly why testing is so crucial, so that those asymptomatic carriers can be identified and then quarantined. That's how Iceland and South Korea and Taiwan and the other places that have flattened their curve, did it.

You're stating the obvious though. We do know the number of infected is way higher which will drive down the mortality rate. The question is how do you administer a test to 370 million people?

Spare us your best judgement vitriol as blue states lead the way with infections and deaths.

So do I but

You're stating the obvious though. We do know the number of infected is way higher which will drive down the mortality rate. The question is how do you administer a test to 370 million people?

Hmmm, that's 40 million more than actually live here. But that aside, nobody is suggesting that we should test EVERYONE. You test like Gallup would run a poll. SAMPLING on a volunteer basis in various parts of the country and in hotspots. You also test EVERYONE coming back to work in factories and EVERYONE in the health care field or otherwise has close contact with the public on a daily basis.

We're running around 150,000 tests a day and should be at a million according to every medical and science professional. Right now, we're flying absolutely blind.

If you want to see Cheeto Jesus reelected, avoiding tens of thousands MORE deaths, being prepared for this Fall, and avoiding another even longer shutdown would be the best way to accomplish that goal.

And now we have a special performance of Dostoevsky "The Idiot".
We now present that idiot...
Trump says doing too much coronavirus testing makes the US 'look bad' as he pushes for the country to reopen

"The media likes to say we have the most cases, but we do, by far, the most testing. If we did very little testing, we wouldn't have the most cases. So, in a way, by doing all of this testing, we make ourselves look bad," Trump said on Wednesday.

062.gif

Such a splendid rendition of the immortal work of an idiot. Special appearance tonight by President Trump heralds a divine inspiration of the idiocy he portray with absolute character enhancement. This should win him an Oscar but not a Nobel prize. Maybe with more intense work on his idiot character Mr. Trump can increase the depth of his idiot character...If he kills off enough humans maybe, just maybe he can attain the Nobel prize he has desperately sought, because we all know he will never stop being the idiot...

So, using his logic, if we did absolutely zero testing, we'd have zero COVID-19 cases...

What a fucking moron... how anyone can defend statements like this boggles the mind...

Logistics is a pain in the ass unappreciated field of endeavor. I was a tread head, basically a tactics student and instructor. The saying was often heard "Amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics." Did some in civilian world. Nobody cares about what it takes or what hoops you jump through, only that you make it happen. Maybe the government should hire Lowes, to have it in the stores across the country, in the quantity correct for the local marketshares to support the traffic and at a price point that is comparable or more competitive (for actually having it on the shelf) than Home Depot.

Spare us your best judgement vitriol as blue states lead the way with infections and deaths.

Per Capita? Nope. CV19 just needed a little time to make it to Southern Texas and rural America.

Forum List

Back