Too many duplicate threads on the political board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Meister, you are one of the better mods on this site.

1693001186012.png

Every time I start a thread on the political board some rube posts a duplicate thread and the mods allow it. Why bother when the rules are almost never enforced?
I have been merging threads all day as seen or report. One, I merged 4 or 5 times since around 11:00, even while arguing with you.

1. We don't see all duplicates, as we are posting also.
2. Members that do report dupes, obviously know what the thread is duplicate of, but more often than not, do not give the name or link, expecting us to go do a search, picking the search argument ourselves, then reading the various threads to see if they really are dupes or total different slant on the issues. It's often very time-consuming hunting down the dupes.

By all means, when reporting one and knowing the other(s), feel free to copy the link into the dupe report. Or even give us the name the dupe thread. It will make it faster, easier and speed the response time to member dupe reports.

Please do not write separate report for each dupe of a specific you know about, as it crowds our screens and each report has to be answered, taking more time, slowing response time to other matters. We have one member famous with the mod squad for this, and consider.

I will not bother reading the riot act on checking before starting new threads. All you folks already know this.

Every time I start a thread on the political board some rube posts a duplicate thread and the mods allow it. Why bother when the rules are almost never enforced?
When someone starts a thread after yours that is about the same topic, report it to us and PLEASE include a link to yours as well. If we find they are covering the same topic, we'll merge them.

I have been merging threads all day as seen or report. One, I merged 4 or 5 times since around 11:00, even while arguing with you.

1. We don't see all duplicates, as we are posting also.
2. Members that do report dupes, obviously know what the thread is duplicate of, but more often than not, do not give the name or link, expecting us to go do a search, picking the search argument ourselves, then reading the various threads to see if they really are dupes or total different slant on the issues. It's often very time-consuming hunting down the dupes.

By all means, when reporting one and knowing the other(s), feel free to copy the link into the dupe report. Or even give us the name the dupe thread. It will make it faster, easier and speed the response time to member dupe reports.

Please do not write separate report for each dupe of a specific you know about, as it crowds our screens and each report has to be answered, taking more time, slowing response time to other matters. We have one member famous with the mod squad for this, and consider.

I will not bother reading the riot act on checking before starting new threads. All you folks already know this.
Good explanation.

I try very hard not to make duplicate threads and I even search for the topic first, but sometimes I make mistakes. :oops8:

Try flagging the duplicates so we can take care of them, Blaster.
We will either close them or merge them.

I flagged one post three times and it was ignored. I even included the previous post (which was located no more than a handful spots below the new one).

I flagged one post three times and it was ignored. I even included the previous post (which was located no more than a handful spots below the new one).
It would help us a great deal if you would include a link to the other thread(s) when you report them.

As I noted, I did. With some posters, nearly every single topic they start is a repeat of one already here.
When you report them and don't see any action taken, you can always PM me as well. I'll take a look and see what happened.

The only problem with this idea is that after merging --- and forgetting the Kiddy puzzle / word topics --- there will only be four remaining Topics / threads. Merge all of Winkle the Titty anti Moscow threads and then there will be only three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back