Tom Curise:My Job's As Hard As fighting in Afghanistan

My favorite Tom Cruise moment on film is when he thought he was giving an interview, and the guy squirted him with water in the face..."Your a jerk!...Your a jerk!"

If his disconnect with reality already evidenced by Scientology was ever questioned, this certainly proves it.

Obviously, he thinks his role in this movie qualifies him for veteran status. . :cuckoo:

tom-cruise-top-gun-3d-paramount-thumb-315xauto-52670.jpg

I've long thought that Tom Cruise is a creepy self-absorbed weasel...this confession just reinforces it.

Obviously, he thinks his role in this movie qualifies him for veteran status. . :cuckoo:

tom-cruise-top-gun-3d-paramount-thumb-315xauto-52670.jpg

I love a good action picture. I often think how physically fit the actors and stunt people have to be. But, it IS just a movie. The actors are largely protected from injury by stunt people who do the more dangerous shots. This shows the lack of depth in his thinking. A soldier could be killed at any time in a combat zone. I would give more credence to reporters who are 'embedded' with our troops, and even other places. Many have suffered great bodily injury, imprisonment, torture, and even death. There was a show on last night about a reporter who was imprisoned and tortured by Al Qaida in Syria. He was in that situation for the better part of a year, and his family in the US didn't know if he was alive or dead.

Cruise is the perfect example of someone who takes himself to damned seriously.

No doubt TO HIM his job is as hard as fighting in Afghanistan.

We should probably remember he's an ACTOR testifying in a child-custody hearing. He's lost his wife, sees her on the arm of various womanizers, is being denied total access to his daughter, and was stuck half-way across the world watching his life at home collapse. He's a child mentally....all actors are and he's prone to wild exaggerations like all actors are. No point dog-piling the aging pretty boy....he'll end up talking to himself in some mansion somewhere like they all do. :eusa_doh:

We should probably remember he's an ACTOR testifying in a child-custody hearing. He's lost his wife, sees her on the arm of various womanizers, is being denied total access to his daughter, and was stuck half-way across the world watching his life at home collapse. He's a child mentally....all actors are and he's prone to wild exaggerations like all actors are. No point dog-piling the aging pretty boy....he'll end up talking to himself in some mansion somewhere like they all do. :eusa_doh:

Difficulties and pain are very personal. Nothing hurts as much as what's hurting you. No difficulty is as hard to overcome as the one you are undergoing. The person who has to give up the Mercedes feels forced into a Chevy just as much as the person moving from a shack to a tent. Or, from a tent to a cardboard box. You really made his point for him. He was stuck half way across the world unable to do anything but watch his life collapse. It doesn't matter whether the reason he is halfway across the world because he's making a movie, or because he's fighting in Afghanistan. The reason for being halfway across the world is the same for both. They are both there because of a contractual obligation. One is a military contract, the other is a movie contract. Does it hurt more because it's a military contract? Probably not. The sense of loss and powerlessness is likely just about the same.

What Tom Cruise said makes him appear petty, he's comparing making movies to outright heroism. To him, though, it doesn't feel any different at all.

Difficulties and pain are very personal. Nothing hurts as much as what's hurting you. No difficulty is as hard to overcome as the one you are undergoing. The person who has to give up the Mercedes feels forced into a Chevy just as much as the person moving from a shack to a tent. Or, from a tent to a cardboard box. You really made his point for him. He was stuck half way across the world unable to do anything but watch his life collapse. It doesn't matter whether the reason he is halfway across the world because he's making a movie, or because he's fighting in Afghanistan. The reason for being halfway across the world is the same for both. They are both there because of a contractual obligation. One is a military contract, the other is a movie contract. Does it hurt more because it's a military contract? Probably not. The sense of loss and powerlessness is likely just about the same.

What Tom Cruise said makes him appear petty, he's comparing making movies to outright heroism. To him, though, it doesn't feel any different at all.

That's mostly correct...his testimony wasn't intended to be made public, only to impress some judge who seemingly wasn't that enamored with him. He'd get his ass sued if he left a picture location....there's contracts involved. With that being said, his comparison to combat was just imagery to him....he has no concept of the real thing....there's nobody to yell "CUT" when the enemy is walking mortar rounds in on your position. What's ironic is he might have made a pretty good troop if he'd chosen the hard life instead of Hollywood.

Last edited:
He, like most Hollywood nuts, have no concept of reality. They really have no clue.

Remember when Congress brought Sally Field and a couple actresses to appear before them, because they played parts in a movie depicting farming?

Never understood Hollywood or politicians, the egos are to far out there.

Someone let Tom off of his leash? Crazy is as crazy does. I think the football players who think their stupid little game is equivalent to warfare should go kick Tom's ass. I might actually give TMZ a hit if they covered that story.

He, like most Hollywood nuts, have no concept of reality. They really have no clue.

Remember when Congress brought Sally Field and a couple actresses to appear before them, because they played parts in a movie depicting farming?

Never understood Hollywood or politicians, the egos are to far out there.

I enjoyed seeing the movie stills of all the Hollywood actresses calling for gun control with semi-auto lugers in their hands and tough looks on their fake dirty faces. :lol:

Forum List

Back