Tom Curise:My Job's As Hard As fighting in Afghanistan

Obviously, he thinks his role in this movie qualifies him for veteran status. . :cuckoo:

tom-cruise-top-gun-3d-paramount-thumb-315xauto-52670.jpg

I love a good action picture. I often think how physically fit the actors and stunt people have to be. But, it IS just a movie. The actors are largely protected from injury by stunt people who do the more dangerous shots. This shows the lack of depth in his thinking. A soldier could be killed at any time in a combat zone. I would give more credence to reporters who are 'embedded' with our troops, and even other places. Many have suffered great bodily injury, imprisonment, torture, and even death. There was a show on last night about a reporter who was imprisoned and tortured by Al Qaida in Syria. He was in that situation for the better part of a year, and his family in the US didn't know if he was alive or dead.

Cruise is the perfect example of someone who takes himself to damned seriously.

Well that and he's donut short of a dozen.

He, like most Hollywood nuts, have no concept of reality. They really have no clue.

Remember when Congress brought Sally Field and a couple actresses to appear before them, because they played parts in a movie depicting farming?

Never understood Hollywood or politicians, the egos are to far out there.

Tom Hanks testified before Congress in the ravages of AIDS. George Clooney testifies as to genocide in Africa. The image has become the thing itself.

When LA Law was the number one show on television, the LA county bar actually paid Alan Rachins to give a lecture on legal procedure.

No doubt TO HIM his job is as hard as fighting in Afghanistan.

We should probably remember he's an ACTOR testifying in a child-custody hearing. He's lost his wife, sees her on the arm of various womanizers, is being denied total access to his daughter, and was stuck half-way across the world watching his life at home collapse. He's a child mentally....all actors are and he's prone to wild exaggerations like all actors are. No point dog-piling the aging pretty boy....he'll end up talking to himself in some mansion somewhere like they all do. :eusa_doh:

Yup, his perfect little Scientologist world is falling apart, now what does he have to grab on too? He can't blame his own nutjob self and his intense Scientologist BS lifestyle for losing his wife and child so it must be the difficult acting job that is causing him not to measure up and lose his family,after all it's as hard as fighting in Afghanistan. All that faux killing,faux violence and of course he is always the one who has to save everybody in his script. I'm sure he even has faux PTSD. Katie Holmes should be kissing the ground he walks on cause in his mind he's such a delusional hero. :lol:

Last edited:
No doubt TO HIM his job is as hard as fighting in Afghanistan.

We should probably remember he's an ACTOR testifying in a child-custody hearing. He's lost his wife, sees her on the arm of various womanizers, is being denied total access to his daughter, and was stuck half-way across the world watching his life at home collapse. He's a child mentally....all actors are and he's prone to wild exaggerations like all actors are. No point dog-piling the aging pretty boy....he'll end up talking to himself in some mansion somewhere like they all do. :eusa_doh:

Yup, his perfect little Scientologist world is falling apart, now what does he have to grab on too? He can't blame his own nutjob self and his intense Scientologist BS lifestyle for losing his wife and child so it must be the difficult acting job that is causing him not to measure up and lose his family,after all it's as hard as fighting in Afghanistan. All that faux killing,faux violence and of course he is always the one who has to save everybody in his script. I'm sure he even has faux PTSD. Katie Holmes should be kissing the ground he walks on cause in his mind he's such a delusional hero. :lol:

It's not the first time his Scientology has gotten him more than he can chew. He viciously attacked Brooke Shields on a talk show for undergoing psychiatric treatment of her post partum depression.

He, like most Hollywood nuts, have no concept of reality. They really have no clue.

Remember when Congress brought Sally Field and a couple actresses to appear before them, because they played parts in a movie depicting farming?

Tom Hanks testified before Congress in the ravages of AIDS. George Clooney testifies as to genocide in Africa. The image has become the thing itself.

When LA Law was the number one show on television, the LA county bar actually paid Alan Rachins to give a lecture on legal procedure.

The actors have to research their roles. I suppose that is why Washington, which has enjoyed ties with Hollywood for some years now, think they know something about the topics. Wouldn't it be groovy if Congress actually interviewed some of the real people involved!

The actors have to research their roles. I suppose that is why Washington, which has enjoyed ties with Hollywood for some years now, think they know something about the topics. Wouldn't it be groovy if Congress actually interviewed some of the real people involved!

What!? How insane is that? That is the most outlandish thing you have ever posted.

What!? How insane is that? That is the most outlandish thing you have ever posted.

I agree. Did you see The Gift? Or The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond? Both of those involved a mentally ill person and the actors researched the role. The actor in The Gift played the mentally ill person and the on in The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond played the mentally ill person's son. Also, Bryce Dallas Howard learned to paly piano for her role as Fisher Willow. I'm sure someone used the Suzuki method to teacher her Listz's Liebestraum No. 3, but she did a fabulous job with it. It's likely all she can play. And that doesn't make her a musician.

Tom Cruise not only thinks he trains harder than Olympic athletes, he believes his job as a professional actor is as grueling as fighting the war in Afghanistan -- this according to legal docs obtained by TMZ.

As we reported, Cruise recently sat for a deposition in his $50 million libel suit against a magazine publisher that claimed he abandoned daughter Suri -- and his quotes are GOLD.

First, the Middle East -- Tom says his location shoots are just like serving a tour in Afghanistan, "That's what it feels like. And certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal."
As for his physical training, Tom said, "There is difficult physical stamina and preparation. Sometimes I've spent months, a year, and sometimes two years preparing for a single film." But the kicker, he adds, "A sprinter for the Olympics, they only have to run two races a day. When I'm shooting, I could potentially have to run 30, 40 races a day, day after day."

But it's not all grenades and triathlons ... Tom says he's only flown commercial ONCE in the last 4 years ... and that was because he had no choice.

And there's this ... Tom says the skills he's picked up along the way have provided shortcuts in his relationship with Suri. For example, he says it's not always necessary for him to be physically around Suri, because he can tell her vivid stories on the phone that come to life. Tom says, "I've gotten very good at [talking on the phone]. I've gotten very good at it. I tell wonderful stories and they like hearing it."

UPDATE: Cruise's lawyer, Bert Fields, says the notion that Tom compares his acting to fighting a war is a distortion, pointing to a section in the deposition -- not part of the deposition that was publicly released -- in which Tom is asked, "Do you believe the situations [being in a movie and fighting a war in Afghanistan] are the same?" Tom replies, "Oh come on." Fields says that clearly means "of course not."

See also
Tom Cruise Admits Katie Holmes Fled Because of Scientology
Tom Cruise Reps Accuse Katie Holmes of Screwing Tom Cruise Over In Tabloids
Tom Cruise -- I Never 'Abandoned' Suri, Defends Parenting Skills in Lawsuit

Tom Cruise -- My Job's As Hard As Fighting in Afghanistan | TMZ.com
Read more: Tom Cruise -- My Job's As Hard As Fighting in Afghanistan | TMZ.com

559411_10153444110875494_189719025_n.jpg

I agree. Did you see The Gift? Or The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond? Both of those involved a mentally ill person and the actors researched the role. The actor in The Gift played the mentally ill person and the on in The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond played the mentally ill person's son. Also, Bryce Dallas Howard learned to paly piano for her role as Fisher Willow. I'm sure someone used the Suzuki method to teacher her Listz's Liebestraum No. 3, but she did a fabulous job with it. It's likely all she can play. And that doesn't make her a musician.

I did stay in a Holiday Inn.

And I saved 15% or more on car insurance by switching to Geico.

And I saved 15% or more on car insurance by switching to Geico.

Me too!

That's partially correct, but the reality is- people will watch a hearing with a celebrity, while they won't watch one with a real person.

And the actor can make the case more eloquently.

That's partially correct, but the reality is- people will watch a hearing with a celebrity, while they won't watch one with a real person.

And the actor can make the case more eloquently.

that is, pathetically, correct. Which brings tears to the eyes of sensible peapole, but what can you do?

He's an idiot. An insane idiot who deserves no screen time at all.

There are a lot of idiots in hollywood that get a lot of screen time. If we did away with all the idiots in hollywood there would be no more great movies.

Take Mad Max! How many awesome flics has that guy made. Jaime Fox is another. The fat guy from the Hangover is supposed to be one of the biggest asses in the world (he even admits he hates fans) and we are still glad he made the hangover.

Ausies, Russel Crowe! Beating up people and being a billigerent ass, but if he makes another movie, I am seeing it. Cinderalla Man was one of the best sports movies on record, beats Rocky in my opinion.

Heck probably the best actor of our generation - Christian Bale is supposed to be one of the meanest rudest son of a bitches you will ever meet.

There are a million other examples. Sometimes you have to distinguish the man or woman from the movie!

To me, he should be saying "Thank you!" to our troops because they are the reason why he has the freedom to make such a brain dead statement.

God bless you and him and our troops always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back