Todd Akin was forced out of the race by the WOMEN FRIENDLY GOP

I'm still trying to get my head around his notion that a woman's body would know not to conceive because it knows she was raped. Breathtaking.

You know.........getting pregnant only happens when the woman enjoys the intercourse. When she is not into it, her eggs all do a humpty-dumpty.

As the father of two daughters, I've told them the one about how "you can't get pregnant the first time", that's so popular with high school boys.

Maybe Akin believes that one, too.

The typically incorrect and, in fact, deliberately dishonest liberal Democrat tune about the GOP 'war [sic] on women' is getting strummed as the cheese dick liberal Democratics try hard to take advantage of the stupid commentary from the mouth of candidate Akin.

For the MOST part, what Akin said is indefensible. Is he a bit of a shit head? Yeah.

But is the rabid reaction from the left, the press (same thing) and even the establishment GOP (out of fear of the orchestrated media reaction) REALLY in keeping with the size of the offensive comment? Nope.

If Akin quits (and I expect he will), there is a fair chance that his idiot incumbent opponent will re-claim that Senate seat.

THAT's the real shame of this,

First they withdrew his financing and he has caved to the parties demand that he step down. Seems the gop police's themselves fairly well. So now we won't see any more GOP rape threads right?

I won't be holding my breath for honesty from most of you.
ONTD_Political - Breaking: Todd Akin Quitting Senate Race, GOP Politicos State

They forced him out because he and Ryan were buddies on the anti-abortion bill. To have him remain, the subject would be brought up daily and attach even more to Ryan. They are hypocrites to force him out and to cheer Ryan. It had absolutely 0 to do with the GOP being friendly to women! That's a joke!:badgrin::eusa_shifty:

:clap2:

376803_10151020284416275_53676022_n.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Is that what all Cherokees believe?

The typically incorrect and, in fact, deliberately dishonest liberal Democrat tune about the GOP 'war [sic] on women' is getting strummed as the cheese dick liberal Democratics try hard to take advantage of the stupid commentary from the mouth of candidate Akin.

For the MOST part, what Akin said is indefensible. Is he a bit of a shit head? Yeah.

But is the rabid reaction from the left, the press (same thing) and even the establishment GOP (out of fear of the orchestrated media reaction) REALLY in keeping with the size of the offensive comment? Nope.

If Akin quits (and I expect he will), there is a fair chance that his idiot incumbent opponent will re-claim that Senate seat.

I don't remember the details, not enough coffee yet, but there were at least one or two scandals involving Republican politicians and/or candidates right before the elections of 2008 that really sealed the GOP's fate. Gotta wonder if we're gonna see a replay here.

They GOP has not forced him out. They may....but they have not done so yet. As of this moment, this thread is a sham.

In any case......the GOP has welcomed this cretin for several decades already. He has been a nut all that time. Dropping him now.......because he has been exposed as a nut......is not an act of honor.

The citizens in his Mo district elected him. Why wouldn't the GOP welcome him?

Because he is a nutjob?

You are entitled to your opinion, but that is all it is. Are the citizens in his district all 'nutjobs' as well?

I don't remember the details, not enough coffee yet, but there were at least one or two scandals involving Republican politicians and/or candidates right before the elections of 2008 that really sealed the GOP's fate. Gotta wonder if we're gonna see a replay here.

I remember there was the Foley thing in 2006 that didn't help...

I think what sealed their fate in 2008 was the economy collapsed. And Palin was really, really stupid.

First they withdrew his financing and he has caved to the parties demand that he step down. Seems the gop police's themselves fairly well. So now we won't see any more GOP rape threads right?

Tell me gramps, how do Todd Akin's views differ from Paul Ryan's?

There is an old axiom: robins and bluejays don't nest together.

Two words that should never be used together in the same sentence: legitimate and rape. But that’s the way Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) chose to speak about the sensitive topic that has impacted millions of women in the United States in an interview with a local television station Sunday.

In defending his extreme anti-choice position – that a woman who is raped and becomes pregnant should not be permitted to have an abortion, Akin said, “First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

Akin, who clearly didn’t pay attention in biology class, is challenging Democratic incumbent Sen. Claire McCaskill. After the negative and swift public reaction to his remarks, Akin said in a statement that he “misspoke,” but that claim doesn’t fly when you do a quick review of his legislative history, which is directly connected vice presidential pick Rep. Paul Ryan on this exact issue.

Akin and Ryan were the original co-sponsors of the controversial bill H.R. 3, “No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act,” which initially included language which changed the definition of “rape” to “forcible rape,” until public pressure forced the bill’s supporters to remove that unacceptable and narrow definition. As I wrote previously, Paul Ryan is not just anti-choice, his anti-choice views are extreme and just plain bad for all women.

Linking Ryan to Akin and the idea that there is such a thing as “legitimate rape” based on pseudo-science and folklore is something that needs to be done before the upcoming election. While Team Romney attempted to create distance with Akin, saying that both Romney and Ryan “disagree” with his statements, there was nothing in their statement that said they condemn his remarks as hurtful to victims. There was also nothing in Team Romney’s statement that pointed out that what Akin said about pregnancies resulting from rape being rare is just flat-out wrong.

Ryan was against abortion in all cases including rape until Team Romney’s statement. Romney has said he would get rid of Planned Parenthood and has been moving further right on women’s issues since he was a pro-choice governor of Massachusetts. This could be a huge problem for the Republican ticket in November.

NY Daily News - Todd Akin, Paul Ryan and the very real war on women

Yep, this seat was for the taking, and now this idiot has single-handedly likely seen to it that it remains in the blue.
The best thing he could do right now is end his campaign and get this issue off the headlines.

You are entitled to your opinion, but that is all it is. Are the citizens in his district all 'nutjobs' as well?

Clearly not all of them.

How many people in the state of Massachusetts do you consider nutjobs that elected Ted Kennedy to the Senate 7 times, even though he was responsible for the death of his girl friend?

Let me guess. Clearly not all of them.

So he was convicted of negligent homicide, then?

Oh, wait. No, he wasn't.

Clearly not all of them.

How many people in the state of Massachusetts do you consider nutjobs that elected Ted Kennedy to the Senate 7 times, even though he was responsible for the death of his girl friend?

Oh, wait. No, he wasn't.

Hey you drooling fuckwit bitch: if you drive drunk and cause the death of a woman, but then run away, in the time before you surrender your worthless ass for "prosecution" you will not be convicted of anything. Is it your "belief" that one is not guilty UNTIL they are convicted?

You asshole.

Folks often gets arrested precisely because they ARE guilty.

They may have (and they maybe are even entitled to) the legal presumption of innocence, but that is NOT the same thing as BEING innocent, you fucking asshole.

That's like saying that just because OJ got acquitted he didn't slaughter two human beings.

Oh, and before I forget it should not go unmentioned that you suck cocks for a living, you are a bitch and that you are a flaming asshole.

You flaming asshole bitch cocksucking whore.

At least Kennedy was drunk. The GOPer has no such excuse but a bred-in-the-bone stupidity.

But yeah, he will get votes. A lot of them.

Clearly not all of them.

Oh, wait. No, he wasn't.

He was a Kennedy, he wasn't going to be convicted of anything of substance.

lol.. .he wasn't forced out because the right loves women. he was forced out because his position was so sick that they couldn't spin it.

maybe you should be honest about that, gramps. :)

lol.. .he wasn't forced out because the right loves women. he was forced out because his position was so sick that they couldn't spin it.

A little slow here? Akin is still in. And, get this, he is still polling ahead of McCaskill.
Maybe now we're getting "gotcha" politics and sound bite moments behind us to focus on the big picture.
When that happens the Dems are sunk. Actually they're sunk anyway.

But at least Akin didnt do something monumentally immoral and gross like send pics of his junk....

A little slow here? Akin is still in. And, get this, he is still polling ahead of McCaskill.
Maybe now we're getting "gotcha" politics and sound bite moments behind us to focus on the big picture.

But at least Akin didnt do something monumentally immoral and gross like send pics of his junk....

Not yet, anyway.

Not yet, anyway.

Or banging a waitress with a colleague on the table of a restaurant.

Forum List

Back