Today reminds me of the day Obama won the election

Yeah its the result of free markets not be allowed to fix themselves.

If you think the unemployment rate is bad now, you'd go darkside at the rate if TARP hadn't happened. They were only talking about the collapse of the world financial systems....I would venture to say that unemployment would have been the least of the US's problems...

People are alot more resilliant then you give us credit for.

The free market is based on natural law. When people are violating natural law, you are going to see the market correct itself. If you stop that correction, it only gets worse down the road.

And thats why we don't have a 'free market'. We have a managed market and have had one for a very long time. Free markets feature depressions as a regular/semi regular event. We decided a long time ago to manage the economy to try and prevent it's most violent swings.

Kinda like the republicans when Bush became president thru the supreme court decision?
You mean when the court upheld the law?

A poor example.

But then again, a great one, as the man who tried to manipultae himself to a victory he didn't earn has been busy the last 10 years creating a crisis that doesn't exist so he can cash in on it.
No, when the Court appointed Bush, Jr. president.

:lol::lol::lol:

You "Booooosh stoleded our elecshun!" idiots still exist....

That's extremely funny...LOL

The bickering should end now. There are important, profound, and inescapable miracles which bind us all closer than family and yet we waste our time and energy with such frivolous pursuits.

Forget the politics and lets focus on a way to unite and grow towards peace and progress.

You can never have peace when you compromise with evil men.

What do you want us to progress to? What's wrong with being free?

Goethe said that none are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. We need to progress to a better understanding of what we are and what our potential is as sentient beings.

If we would only stop magnifying the differences and instead focused on the similarities which permeate all forms and levels of existence we would gain a better understanding of our true selves and thus True Freedom.

The Light of Truth is the Son of the One, He is our Salvation.

:clap2:

People are alot more resilliant then you give us credit for.

The free market is based on natural law. When people are violating natural law, you are going to see the market correct itself. If you stop that correction, it only gets worse down the road.

Yeah, but this time around the correction would have been too much. It would have been like the 1930s all over again.

So your solution is punt the ball down the line and pretend everythings all fixed without actually doing anything about it.

The Free market will correct itself and do so quickly if it's allowed to. But you are too scared to.

And thats why we don't have a 'free market'. We have a managed market and have had one for a very long time. Free markets feature depressions as a regular/semi regular event. We decided a long time ago to manage the economy to try and prevent it's most violent swings.

You cannot violate natural law. All you do is punt the ball down the line. It cant be done indefinitely. People arent as helpless as you seem to think. Let the market correct itself. Let people decide their own destiny.

The bickering should end now. There are important, profound, and inescapable miracles which bind us all closer than family and yet we waste our time and energy with such frivolous pursuits.

Forget the politics and lets focus on a way to unite and grow towards peace and progress.

You can never have peace when you compromise with evil men.

What do you want us to progress to? What's wrong with being free?

Goethe said that none are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. We need to progress to a better understanding of what we are and what our potential is as sentient beings.

If we would only stop magnifying the differences and instead focused on the similarities which permeate all forms and levels of existence we would gain a better understanding of our true selves and thus True Freedom.

The Light of Truth is the Son of the One, He is our Salvation.

So we need a bigger expansive government so we can figure out who we are and what our potential is? Right...

How about we let everyone figure out things for themselves?

You cannot violate natural law. All you do is punt the ball down the line. It cant be done indefinitely. People arent as helpless as you seem to think. Let the market correct itself. Let people decide their own destiny.

History has proven you wrong. We've pretty much successfully managed our economy since the 1929 stock market crash. Granted, conservatives may not have liked the idea, but it worked pretty well. Until the so called conservative small government people showed up. They ran it off the track again when the GOP attempted to remove all the regulations and let greed run amok.

History has proven you wrong. We've pretty much successfully managed our economy since the 1929 stock market crash. Granted, conservatives may not have liked the idea, but it worked pretty well. Until the so called conservative small government people showed up. They ran it off the track again when the GOP attempted to remove all the regulations and let greed run amok.

Successfully? If you think that's successful, then we clearly have different definitions of the word.

Stimulus is like knocking the Earth off its axis, to avoid winter.

Seems like a good idea in the short-run, but is disastrous in the long-run.

I hope you don't want to go back to the gold standard Eagle. :lol:
Any commodity-backed currency would be better than our current fiat system.

I find it bizarre how today's Democrats defend Nixon's elimination of the gold standard. World governments and central banks still hold gold for a reason.

The same arrogance, the same dismissive attitude of all who don't agree, the same 'my way or the highway' crowd bragging that they won a vote they could only lose if their own side betrayed them.

I assume that you are not talking about here.

I have not seen any arrogant, dismissive posts by anyone.

On the contrary, I have seen THOUSANDS of woe-is-me, "the sky is falling" posts...exemplified by that whimp ihopehefails's post about how he is thinking of committing suicide.

The same arrogance, the same dismissive attitude of all who don't agree, the same 'my way or the highway' crowd bragging that they won a vote they could only lose if their own side betrayed them.

On the contrary, I have seen THOUSANDS of woe-is-me, "the sky is falling" posts...exemplified by that whimp ihopehefails's post about how he is thinking of committing suicide.
You really should take all those people off ignore, you miss so much.

I have only one whore on ignore.

And maybe my statement that there haven't been any arrogant dismissive posts was incorrect.

However, for every ONE that you can find, I can find 20 which make it sound like a dead horsehead was found in one's bed.

And maybe my statement that there haven't been any arrogant dismissive posts was incorrect.

However, for every ONE that you can find, I can find 20 which make it sound like a dead horsehead was found in one's bed.
The horseheads are in the future, when we can't pay our debt because of 'barrycare'.

The horseheads are in the future, when we can't pay our debt because of 'barrycare'.

^
A woe-is-me, "the sky is falling" post.

Darned good question EZ. Who?

I would say "anyone who doesn't want the F'ing jobs!"

If you want to be a Congressman then you are not qualified for the job and if after you become a Congressman you begin to like it or feel comfortable in your position you should be removed from office immediately.

Immie

Maybe we should have Congress Duty, similar to Jury Duty.

Forum List

Back