Today is my birthday

He's a Muslim living in Iran. There's about as much sex and rock n roll occuring there as there is in Salt Lake City.

Drugs on the other hand....

I lived in Salt Lake for ten years. The greater the religious repression, the more kinky outlets the local populace finds to work their way around the edges.

I suspect the average mormon is having a considerable amount of sex compared to DavidS.

Oh yeah, that's right I forgot that PerHam was living in Iran.

I wish I could visit that country. I'm told it's quite beautiful, plus I love pistacio nuts.

The youth of Iran were calling out for more freedoms and were making some headway until .....well until Bush invaded Iraq. It made the country turn towards the right.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlIAmCfHzbg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlIAmCfHzbg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

If you haven't seen this movie, Persepolis, I highly recommend it. It's the story of a girl from Iran, from the late 1970s until present.

I lived in Salt Lake for ten years. The greater the religious repression, the more kinky outlets the local populace finds to work their way around the edges.

I suspect the average mormon is having a considerable amount of sex compared to DavidS.

I think you are quite right about that. And it's true that the more repressive the society, the wilder the underground counter culture gets. Forbidden fruit is enticing.

Happy Birthday Perham, my dear friend with the poetic heart.

May you have long life, radiant well being and may all your dreams and aspirations be realized.

May all those around you benefit from your kind heart and gentle nature.

Probably right about DavidS especially when most of the mormons I know have about five to six kids.
And when you lived in Salt Lake were you a member of a club/bar? My cousin went to work there during the Olympics and he said he had to have a membership at a bar to being to drink there. He did say it is quite easy to join though!
I do have to say Salt Lake is beautiful but strange and I did enjoy Lagoon very much! Temple Square is also pretty cool even if you are not mormon!

For Perham:

HAPPINESS

In the afternoon I watched
the she-bear; she was looking
for the secret bin of sweetness -
honey, that the bees store
in the trees&#8217; soft caves.
Black block of gloom, she climbed down
tree after tree and shuffled on
through the woods. And then
she found it! The honey-house deep
as heartwood, and dipped into it
among the swarming bees - honey and comb
she lipped and tongued and scooped out
in her black nails, until

maybe she grew full, or sleepy, or maybe
a little drunk, and sticky
down the rugs of her arms,
and began to hum and sway.
I saw her let go of the branches,
I saw her lift her honeyed muzzle
into the leaves, and her thick arms,
as though she would fly -
an enormous bee
all sweetness and wings -
down into the meadows, the perfections
of honeysuckle and roses and clover -
to float and sleep in the sheer nets
swaying from flower to flower
day after shining day.

Mary Oliver

Last edited by a moderator:
And when you lived in Salt Lake were you a member of a club/bar?

I was a member of several private clubs. Because, sometimes, you feel like Clubbing, and sometimes, you feel like being chill. And memberships are cheap.

I do have to say Salt Lake is beautiful but strange

They should put that on the license plates instead of "pretty great state."

I was a member of several private clubs. Because, sometimes, you feel like Clubbing, and sometimes, you feel like being chill. And memberships are cheap.

They should put that on the license plates instead of "pretty great state."
Maybe they should! My uncle who is also mormon is from southern Utah, just say it is alittle hard for me to be around him sometimes.
Anyways my cousin pretty much said the same thing about the bar situation as you. I just couldn't imagine having to join a bar! What about the night when you and your friends get a hair up your butt and decide to go to some place you never been before just for the hell of it. Some of those nights can be the best times!

Maybe they should! My uncle who is also mormon is from southern Utah, just say it is alittle hard for me to be around him sometimes.
Anyways my cousin pretty much said the same thing about the bar situation as you. I just couldn't imagine having to join a bar! What about the night when you and your friends get a hair up your butt and decide to go to some place you never been before just for the hell of it. Some of those nights can be the best times!

It's kind of easy in Utah because really, there isn't the quantity of bars that there are in other places. I don't mind being around Mormons, for the most part, but they can be fairly intolerant without realizing that they're being intolerant.

It's kind of easy in Utah because really, there isn't the quantity of bars that there are in other places. I don't mind being around Mormons, for the most part, but they can be fairly intolerant without realizing that they're being intolerant.
I don't reall mind being the rest of my family that is mormon just my uncle who grew up in a small town in southern Utah. Last time I saw him, he was talking about women in the work place just say my cousin saw the look on my face and quickly asked if I wanted to smoke. She told me it is better to ignore him!
I had a few friends in high school who were mormon also, best part is they were the ones who took me to my first keg!

Happy birthday, my friend. I've enjoyed knowing you so much! I hope one day that I will walk on the mountains with you, in your country, and you will walk on the beach with me, in mine.

I hope, and I'm that kind of person who don't give up hopes. ;) thank you so much :)

Well happy birthday to you.
My eldest daughter turns 21 this month.
For her birthday, I got her an all expense paid vacation for 4 days 3 nights in Las Vegas and a helicopter tour through the Grand Canyon.

wow, huge birthday present. :lol: I hope she enjoyed it!

2drtlsm.jpg

awesome pic!

Perham - best wishes to you on your 21st birthday. You seem to be a person of wit and wisdom at such a young age. Continue with both and live to your potential. When you're a famous statesman you can get out the messages from all the folks at USMB and smile with the memories of how this, to me amazing, to future folks, antiquated, technology allowed those of us from around the world to communicate with one another.

Internet was the best technological advancement happened to mankind yet. and I'm so happy to know you guys. cheers! :D

Forum List

Back