To those who support anti-gunners wanting mental health checks for your Rights? Homesickness reason to deny 2nd Amendment Rights...this is why.....

So you think a gun in the home is similar to a fire extinguisher? OK. May I ask how many people you, personally, have shot and killed?
How many fires have you, personally, put out with a fire extinguisher?

OK, let's talk risk. The USA has the highest per capita gun ownership rate in the entire developed world. AND we have NUMEROUS studies such as THIS ONE which find:
"Case-control studies, ecological time-series and cross-sectional studies indicate that in homes, cities, states and regions in the U.S., where there are more guns, both men and women are at a higher risk for homicide,"
Bogus study. If you remove the guns, the same number of people get murdered, just with different weapons.

Real statistics show that gun availability has little impact on homicide rates.

"particularly firearm homicide."
And then there's THIS STUDY which finds:
" Gun ownership was a significant predictor of firearm homicide rates (incidence rate ratio = 1.009; 95% confidence interval = 1.004, 1.014). This model indicated that for each percentage point increase in gun ownership, the firearm homicide rate increased by 0.9%."
People who are killed with different kinds of weapons are just as dead.

Basically, the presence of guns is a good predictor of increased risk of someone in that home being shot or killed or committing suicide successfully.
So, DO TELL about risk!
Having a car dramatically increases your risk of dying in a car accident.

Having a bathtub dramatically increases your risk of drowning in a bathtub.

Having a stairway dramatically increases your risk of fatally falling down a stairway.

Were cars made specifically to cause greivous bodily injury/death?
How does that matter? Does it make people killed in car accidents any less dead?

Nobody want's "mental health checks" but the problem comes when there are obvious mental health issues involved in the purchase and possession of firearms. The most notorious school shooting in history happened in Va. Tech Blacksburg when a maniac student who was arrested and released by local Police and ordered to attend psychiatric counseling which he violated was able to purchase a firearm. The arrest might have triggered the mania and the court ordered psychiatric counseling did not appear on the state mandated instant name check and the maniac was able to purchase a firearm and subsequently kill about 30 students and faculty. Can we agree that persons who are under a psychiatric court order or voluntarily admit to psychiatric issues should be prevented from purchasing a firearm? Confiscation issues are a different problem.

Can we agree that persons who are under a psychiatric court order or voluntarily admit to psychiatric issues should be prevented from purchasing a firearm?
Only if the psychiatric issues make them a danger to themselves or others.

People who are afraid of heights (or are feeling homesick) should not be prevented from having guns.

This is a lie.
No it isn't. It's the truth.

No one is ‘anti-gun’;
Most progressives are anti-gun.

to advocate for firearm regulatory measures consistent with the Second Amendment is not to be ‘anti-gun.’
Progressives do not advocate for firearm regulatory measures consistent with the Second Amendment.

Progressives deliberately violate people's civil liberties. And not for a good reason either, but only because progressives enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

The Supreme Court has held that it is perfectly Constitutional to prohibit those mentally ill from possessing firearms – the Hawaii measure therefore does not violate the Second Amendment.
Yes it does. Homesickness is not mental illness.

This is yet another example of how dishonest conservatives truly are.
Except, it's only the progressives who are lying.

Another lie from the dishonest right
The truth is always really inconvenient to progressives, so progressives always say that the truth is a lie.

But progressives are wrong. The truth is never a lie.

the 2016 SSA EO authorized no such thing.
Yes it did.

Those receiving Social Security benefits were afforded their comprehensive due process rights; no guns were ‘taken away.’
Only because Donald Trump signed legislation killing the executive order before it went into effect.

Obama's executive order would have denied law abiding people their right to have guns if it had been allowed to go into effect.

Last edited:
Again... I have never had a fire in my home but I still have a fire extinguisher. If you choose to not mitigate the risks for your family, that's on you.
He's just another filthy lying leftist douche.

I honestly cannot get enough of this sentence. PRO GUNS and PRO LIFE.

It's almost as if this is one giant Poe's Law sentence.
If you value life, you protect it from goons, ghouls and other left wing monsters.

I am pro-life, especially when it comes to protecting me and mine.

How do you see your position in light of the religion which no doubt underlies your "pro life" stance?

I'm asking quite seriously.

I'm actually OK with people defending themselves, but I am always fascinated by people who take Christianity as the basis of their "pro-life" position but then turn around and simply think Jesus was joking in Matthew 5:38-39 and Matthew 26:52.

Seems like maybe a bit of "cherry picking" to suit your needs. Jesus said a lot of things and apparently the pious are allowed to take it as a "buffet".

He's just another filthy lying leftist douche.

Mike, Mike, Mike. Take a chill pill! It's Sunday afternoon. I get it. You hate you some libtards. Good for you. It's good to have a hobby.

I don't recall "lying" here but I'm sure in your diseased imagination you can point it out for me.

Oh, why do you quote the Bible if you are unfamiliar with it?

Again, I can't help you. I just read the Bible. Maybe some day YOU CAN, TOO.

Well, ONE of us posts a Bible Verse as their SIGNATURE. Seems that it's not the one who actually READ the Bible.
Tell
Oh, why do you quote the Bible if you are unfamiliar with it?

Again, I can't help you. I just read the Bible. Maybe some day YOU CAN, TOO.

Well, ONE of us posts a Bible Verse as their SIGNATURE. Seems that it's not the one who actually READ the Bible.
A whole crap ton of completely random association/false narrative there. Yes you are definitely VERY mentally ill. I’m sorry I used the term crazies. I pity you and I pray God gives you some ease.

How do you see your position in light of the religion which no doubt underlies your "pro life" stance?

I'm asking quite seriously.

I'm actually OK with people defending themselves, but I am always fascinated by people who take Christianity as the basis of their "pro-life" position but then turn around and simply think Jesus was joking in Matthew 5:38-39 and Matthew 26:52.

Seems like maybe a bit of "cherry picking" to suit your needs. Jesus said a lot of things and apparently the pious are allowed to take it as a "buffet".
Because the Bible says nothing about self defense being a sin. I don't WANT to kill anyone. I hope I never have to use my carry piece to defend me and my family. But, I will before I sit back and do nothing while someone harms my family.

So how do you square your faith with regards to this? Specifically Matthew 5:38-39 and Matthew 26:52.

(I'm actually asking seriously here.)
No, you aren’t. Christ told us not to cast pearls before swine. And I don’t.

Yes you are definitely VERY mentally ill.

Actually my family has been touched by this. I hope you never experience it. I mean that honestly. I think you are a hypocrite and I dislike you, but I would never wish this upon you.

I’m sorry I used the term crazies.

Apology accepted. You are still a hypocrite and a ravening wolf. But thanks.

I pity you and I pray God gives you some ease.

I can do without YOUR prayers. Save it for someone who actually buys the schtick.

"Not every on that saith unto me Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 7:21

Actually my family has been touched by this. I hope you never experience it. I mean that honestly. I think you are a hypocrite and I dislike you, but I would never wish this upon you.

Apology accepted. You are still a hypocrite and a ravening wolf. But thanks.

I can do without YOUR prayers. Save it for someone who actually buys the schtick.

"Not every on that saith unto me Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 7:21
Spoken like a true anti Christian bigot.

Because the Bible says nothing about self defense being a sin.

Hmmm. So you can't read? OK, I'll read it for you:

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

What do you think that means?

I don't WANT to kill anyone.

Good for you.

I hope I never have to use my carry piece to defend me and my family. But, I will before I sit back and do nothing while someone harms my family.

That sounds like a lot of big talk, Wild Bill. And with a name like "Wild Bill" I have to ask: how many people have you had to cap in your lifetime? I hear it's really hard to do, even in military and self-defense scenarios. It kind of sticks with someone I hear.

Hmmm. So you can't read? OK, I'll read it for you:

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

What do you think that means?

Good for you.

That sounds like a lot of big talk, Wild Bill. And with a name like "Wild Bill" I have to ask: how many people have you had to cap in your lifetime? I hear it's really hard to do, even in military and self-defense scenarios. It kind of sticks with someone I hear.
Turn the other cheek doesn't mean, "do nothing while someone murders your family".

The Bible also says, " If a thief is taken in the act of forcing his way into a house, and his death is caused by a blow, the owner of the house is not responsible for his blood.". What were you saying about cherry picking?

It does stick with you. You heard right.

Forum List

Back