To those who support anti-gunners wanting mental health checks for your Rights? Homesickness reason to deny 2nd Amendment Rights...this is why.....

That isn't what guns were initially invented for and arguably "sports shooting" is little more than turning a hunting activity/military activity into a sport....NOT the other way 'round.
Sports competition may not have been the purpose of the first guns, but it is the purpose of some guns now.

LOL. No. That is EXACTLY what they are intended to do. Even if they are never fired, the point is that if they were they would cause grievous harm or death.
Honestly, just think it through for a second.
That is incorrect. The purpose of self defense guns is not to inflict harm. That is just an unfortunate side effect of their use.

The purpose of self defense guns is to prevent harm from being inflicted.

For the EXACT REASON I HAVE STATED NUMEROUS TIMES NOW.
The job of the police is not to go around inflicting harm on people.

The job of the police is to prevent harm from being inflicted on people.

Why would the pro-choice movement have to care one WHIT what a man thinks? I don't recall men's bodies being involved in the gestation and carrying-to-term of the baby.
Well, the DO have control of their penises so....
Yeah, men's rights groups tend to be loaded with a bunch of whiners and pathetic losers.
A perfect example of the feminist extremism and intolerance that has inspired the right to topple Roe vs Wade.

Sports competition may not have been the purpose of the first guns, but it is the purpose of some guns now.

My point still stands.

That is incorrect. The purpose of self defense guns is not to inflict harm.

It is very much the PROMISE of the gun. I'm actually wondering what you think a potential mugger is thinking when someone points a gun at him. Do you think he's worried that the gun will pop out a flower that will make his outfit look silly?

That is just an unfortunate side effect of their use.

No, that is EXACTLY what the gun is there to promise.

The purpose of self defense guns is to prevent harm from being inflicted.

By promising the much worse HARM to the person wishing to do harm.

A perfect example of the feminist extremism and intolerance that has inspired the right to topple Roe vs Wade.

Something tells me you have create a rich "incel-world" to inhabit with that phrase. Good for you.

My point still stands.
What point is that?

It is very much the PROMISE of the gun. I'm actually wondering what you think a potential mugger is thinking when someone points a gun at him. Do you think he's worried that the gun will pop out a flower that will make his outfit look silly?
The reason for that promise is to prevent harm from being inflicted.

Inflicting harm is not the goal. Rather, the goal is to prevent harm from being inflicted.

No, that is EXACTLY what the gun is there to promise.
That is incorrect. The gun is there to prevent harm.

By promising the much worse HARM to the person wishing to do harm.
Whatever it takes to prevent them from causing harm.

Something tells me you have create a rich "incel-world" to inhabit with that phrase. Good for you.
Another example of the extremism and intolerance that provided justification to the movement that is about to topple Roe vs Wade.

The original purpose of the gun.
I'm not clear on what you are saying.

What is the original gun in your view? I can think of a few candidates throughout history, and am not sure which one you are thinking of.

What significance do you think the "original purpose of the gun" has to the present conversation?

By promising harm.
Do stun guns cause people grievous harm or death?

What is the purpose of a stun gun?

And how do you think it does that?
By rapidly incapacitating attackers so that they are no longer able to cause harm.

America's 2nd. amendment can apply in Hawaii still, but relaxing restrictions on high risk individuals who are wishing to have a handgun for suspicious purposes, can't be tolerated.

What can and must be the rules on gungoonery must be applicable to the majority of people in Hawaii that are not Americans.

If Hawaii forfeits the safety of people on the streets then their tourism will quickly decline and safer tourist destinations will be chosen by tourists.

If the progun fraternity started to turn Honolulu into another shithole US city. (their description for cities) then Honolulu will become a ghost town overnight!

Logical consequences will come home with the guns and the chickens at the same time for the gunners. Let this one go 2A.
You dont live in hawaai do you donald?

in fact you are not even an American so butt out

The majority by far is in favour of arming Hawaiians and so that will most likely happen there too. That will of course cause the shootings statistics to rise dramatically.

Tourism will be hit hard as visitors from other countries will go to safer countries where they can relax and enjoy their holidays with their kids.
From experience in both Hawaii and Cuba, there's nothing in Hawaii that Cuba can't provide better. And prices in Cuba are much lower.

The majority opinion is definitely in favour of arming Hawaiians but that's the price that has to be paid for the gun fraternity to be free.
The people's freedom to be safe on the streets will just have to be ignored.
Florida has plenty of tourism and also “shall issue” concealed carry. Over two million Florida residents have concealed weapons permits and many carry on a regular basis. Plus you don’t need a license to carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle as long as it is securely encased.

***snip***

Florida Concealed Carry Quick Stats:
  • Permit/License: Florida Concealed Weapon License
  • Shall Issue to Residents and Non-residents
  • 21 years of age minimum
  • Valid for 7 years
  • Initial Cost is $97
  • 90-Day Processing Time
  • 35 State Permits Honored
  • 36 States Accept Florida*
  • State Population: 22,000,000
    [*]License Issued: 2,643,159

Nobody should have to undergo a check on their mental status to purchase a firearm but somebody with a court documented mental condition should not be permitted to purchase a firearm. The most notorious school shooting in history happened in Va. Tech Blacksburg because a maniac, who was so crazy that faculty was afraid to be alone with him, ordered to psychiatric counseling to avoid prosecution in local court for stalking two female students. The democrat party in power thought that a person's psychiatric history was a private issue and not subject to a name check.

my point is that if a person can‘t be trusted around weapons then they are a threat and should be restrained. our enemies turn violent offenders out into the streets then use them to “prove” we need gun control.
Our enemies lie about violent offenders being ‘turned’ out into the streets - it’s known as a strawman fallacy.

Of course, conservatives are infamous for their lies.

Forum List

Back