To Those On The Left: Why Are You Voting For Biden?

It’s not a vote for Biden as much as a vote against the President. Biden is the corporate establishment. He is no progressive and closer to the center than many think. Wheedling the progressing of the party is nothing less than political posturing.

I’m speaking as a Blue Dog not as someone from the “left”.

My question to you is a very simple one: Why are you voting for Biden?
I don't want to. He's a terrible candidate. The Democratic Party is a PC/Identity Politics-consumed shit show. And even though I definitely agree with the Democrats (in general) on more issues -- and isn't that how we make voting decisions, usually? -- I would very much like to vote third party.

But (a) I live in a purple state, and (b) I think Trumpism is an ugly moment in our history, so it looks like I don't have a fucking choice.

If that's successful, the next step is to get to work on the Democratic Party, which damn sure needs it.

The party routinely gives a middle finger to the people who want to see change. What makes you think you can change that?
Which party are we talking about?

The one you say you want to work on.
Well, three part answer, trying to keep it brief:

1. Creating change is easier -- well, less terribly difficult and impossible -- on a local/state level if you have the patience and keep going.

We had a great candidate for change here in WV for governor.

Stephen Smith for WV Governor: WV Can’t Wait!

The DNC came in late and ran another corporate (D). Plowed a ton of money into his campaign and then got Manchin to back him.

No, I think they are pretty much as corrupted as the (R)'s.

2. The bigger problem is the system under which these people operate, and we have to keep pounding on that -- unfortunately the country as a whole is more concerned about who the Kardashian girls are banging, so this is a slow process.

As long as the government continues to "give" the people a few bucks here or there they are going to be complacent enough until it all crashes.

3. All we can do is our little part when we can, and support those few remaining souls who appear to have retained some degree of reason and critical thinking.

Too bad the party overall doesn't.
Well, the lunatics are in control of the asylum. The question is whether the rest of us -- the majority -- can get it back.

I used to be more confident about that. Now I'm about 50/50.

I don't think it's a majority. Too many simply want to win. They don't care who it is or what they stand for. Our current governor is a coal baron that the (D)'s elected the last time and then he quickly flipped to (R). Everyone told me that I had to vote for him the last time or the (R) candidate would win (who was a terrible choice also) but I disagree with that kind of thinking.

I think the only positive was he was embarrassed into coming to some sort of agreement to pay his millions in mine safety violations.
It’s clear we need fundamental change, but neither party is offering that. Both parties are happy with the status quo. The consequences of this are the nation will continue to decline and the people will suffer. The 1% will do great.

I find it odd at how many vote against their own interests just to "win".
No one knows what Biden’s platform is. He is merely running on “I’m not Trump,” and apparently that’s enough for many voters.

Voters who get their news from the MSM, we usually vote against their own interests. They’ve been propagandized.

Are you HONESTLY saying that you, a politics junkie who claims to know every fucking thing, does not know what Biden’s platform is? You have no idea how he is likely to govern?

Talk about buying a bullshit narrative.
Please inform me of what policies and changes Joe is offering.

No. I’ll leave you to wallow in your willful ignorance.

Why bother if you simply want to avoid the actual issues? What was asked of you is not an irrational or ignorant question. By not answering all you are doing is admitting there are no major differences.

Couldn’t be honest, huh? Sad.

Why is Bernie endorsing Biden for president? What did Bernie say the Policy differences between Biden and Trump are when he endorsed him?

I can't say I ever heard him state the differences. Why is Bernie endorsing him? He doesn't want to get blamed if he loses. I would prefer he didn't but it's not a major issue as his endorsement doesn't mean all that much.

Why do die hard Bernie supporters trust him to run the nation but refuse to trust him when it comes to his endorsements?

I see that you “thanked” the comment about me voting for Hitler over Trump. That’s awesome.

Being that you are so evasive it gives people pause to wonder what else you would support. You still haven't answered a single question I asked you.

I’m sorry. What question have you asked?

I'm not going to go round and round with your evasion. You know what I (and others) have asked.

Ahhh. You want me to waste time and effort outlining the policy differences between Trump and Biden? That was Gipper’s BS question.

I’ll give you a few in video form...so you can then pretend that you didn’t see it and that I never answered your question.

Granted I stopped at the first difference. Created a data base........he's been in office for decades and he just now supports this (even though he didn't actually do anything to create it) now? What about the years he ignored police violence?

You didn’t even pay attention to the first difference. And then you stopped?

As I anticipated, you don’t really want to know the policy differences between Trump and Biden. You are not engaging in an honest discussion here.

I paid attention and addressed it. You ignored what I said. When the first point is bogus there is little reason to continue.

You didn’t pay attention. The video did not claim that Biden made a database. That was describing a Trump BS executive order.

Please. Try harder.

Here is the deal, contrarian.

I support much of Bernie’s agenda. I prefer a more aggressive progressive position than Biden usually takes. Bernie was not my first choice in 2020 but I did vote for him in the 2016 primary.

Policies are one part of the equation. And while there are VAST policy differences between Trump and Biden, my decision to vote FOR Biden is just as much a result of the other part of the equation.

Character.

Joe Biden is a better man. This is not something that any honest person will dispute.

So, if you *cough, cough* feel that they are the same policy wise, you’d STILL be in favor of Biden over Trump based solely on character.

Just like Bernie. Just like any reasonable progressive.

We are now done here.

"Better man" is subjective. He supported every foolish war we have engaged in. I can never describe someone like that as a "better man".

I'll admit that this questions assumes that those on the left are going to vote for Joe Biden for President.

/----/ Because Libtrads prefer a corrupt, career politician who never keeps campaign promises.
1593868039892.png

Wow.

After reading all the posts, I'm saddened to say that there's apparently not a lot about Joe Biden that voters really like.

alang1216 probably made the simplest, most succint response which can't be argued with. He said "His policies are in line with my values." Now, you might not agree with Biden's policies or alang's values, but you can't fault alang for voting for the candidate who best represents him.

JoeB131, in his second post, said that he agrees with Biden many things, but his first reason was "He's not Trump." reason. Well, neither am I, and I'm a lot younger and I've never filed for bankruptcy.

BillyBoom actually says he's voting for Biden not only because he's not Trump, but he blames Trump supporters, as well, although I fail to see any hint of logic in that.

Gipper posted a meme which asked if anyone could tell him what Biden's platform is, and it looks like no one can.

Christ on a croissant gave the most important reason as "He's not Trump."

My 2¢ said that Biden has leadership skills. I don't know that I necessarily agree with that, but at least it's still a valid reason.

All of this has confirmed my suspicion, that being that, for the most part, the left would vote for a fish instead of Trump. The left doesn't truly care about the future of this country. If they did, they would be able to present ideas and positions which demonstrate how Biden is going to be better than Trump. They would be able to explain how Biden will be a good leader.

But this thread proves that they don't want to even try to do that, simply because they know they can't...

Wow.

After reading all the posts, I'm saddened to say that there's apparently not a lot about Joe Biden that voters really like.

alang1216 probably made the simplest, most succint response which can't be argued with. He said "His policies are in line with my values." Now, you might not agree with Biden's policies or alang's values, but you can't fault alang for voting for the candidate who best represents him.

JoeB131, in his second post, said that he agrees with Biden many things, but his first reason was "He's not Trump." reason. Well, neither am I, and I'm a lot younger and I've never filed for bankruptcy.

BillyBoom actually says he's voting for Biden not only because he's not Trump, but he blames Trump supporters, as well, although I fail to see any hint of logic in that.

Gipper posted a meme which asked if anyone could tell him what Biden's platform is, and it looks like no one can.

My 2¢ said that Biden has leadership skills. I don't know that I necessarily agree with that, but at least it's still a valid reason.

All of this has confirmed my suspicion, that being that, for the most part, the left would vote for a fish instead of Trump. The left doesn't truly care about the future of this country. If they did, they would be able to present ideas and positions which demonstrate how Biden is going to be better than Trump. They would be able to explain how Biden will be a good leader.

But this thread proves that they don't want to even try to do that, simply because they know they can't...

You have offered an incomplete summary of the thread content. You are as dishonest and disingenuous as your hero the moron.

Congratulations.

Wow.

Elections are usually about contrasts.

So for many, the opportunity to vote against the ugliness that is Trumpism is more than enough.

It was in the last election with the popular vote. So we'll see how it goes this time.

Ha ha ha, I see the leftists replies are mostly......, he's not Trump.

Not a ringing endorsement for a Democrat running for long hours of sleeping in the White House.

Wow.

You have offered an incomplete summary of the thread content. You are as dishonest and disingenuous as your hero the moron.

Congratulations.

I wasn't about to quote every single post. Then again, perhaps if more posts offered actual reasons, I'd have included them.

I went through and found those posts made by those who were intelligent enough to offer thoughtful reasoning in their choice to vote for President, instead of all the dipshits who belched up "He's not Trump."

If that's too much for your pointed little head to handle, tough shit...

Wow.

Congratulations.

I wasn't about to quote every single post. Then again, perhaps if more posts offered actual reasons, I'd have included them.

I went through and found those posts made by those who were intelligent enough to offer thoughtful reasoning in their choice to vote for President, instead of all the dipshits who belched up "He's not Trump."

You lied by omission.

So for many, the opportunity to vote against the ugliness that is Trumpism is more than enough.

Despite the overwhelming ignorance of such a reason, I have to admit that it's what I expected.

The problem is that a person can vote for someone other than Biden. Jo Jorgensen or Howie Hawkins are two other options (although do we really want a CIC named "Howie"?). So, because there are other options, the reason "He's not Trump" falls flat on its face...

Wow.

Congratulations.

You lied by omission.

I did no such thing, simply because those posts are here for all to read. Then again, if you need to be spoon-fed, maybe this isn't the place for you.

Anyone intelligent person reading through the pages and pages of this thread would easily reach the same conclusion...

Despite the overwhelming ignorance of such a reason, I have to admit that it's what I expected.

The problem is that a person can vote for someone other than Biden. Jo Jorgensen or Howie Hawkins are two other options (although do we really want a CIC named "Howie"?). So, because there are other options, the reason "He's not Trump" falls flat on its face...
Well, no. Stuck in a position where I feel I have to vote against someone, I know the most effective way to do that is to vote for the person who has the best chance of beating him.

Pretty obvious. That's how bad this is, but it is what it is.

....but Jonathon Gruber declaring Democrats are stupid sheep...

....but Hillary Clinton calling Americans 'deplorables' and hiring thugs to beat and bloody American citizens attending rallies for her opponent...

...but Biden declaring American citizens are not good people

Is ok?1

Hmmmm....

Not a ringing endorsement for a Democrat running for long hours of sleeping in the White House.
Yes. Our standards are very, very low, given what has happened.

The standard of the Democrat party is very very low these days, where are the Humphreys, the Kennedys, of the Roosevelts people, the ones who loved America despite their personal flaws, they would NEVER condone the leftist hate that have been prominent in the streets these days.

I'll admit that this questions assumes that those on the left are going to vote for Joe Biden for President.

They're part of the destroy the USA plan.

The simple answer that applies to the majority of people on the left is... because he isnt Trump. That’s the truth and that’s a good enough reason for me at this time.
Second to that that I think he can help repair some of the relationships that Trump has burned and start us down a path of a more unified country. Trump has ripped us apart pretty good so the damage is going to take decades to repair if it is even reparable.

Bingo. Joe Biden is like your favorite pair of warm slippers that you put on at the end of a long, tiring day on your feet. America needs something familiar, comfortable and not chaotic.

Yes. Our standards are very, very low, given what has happened.

The standard of the Democrat party is very very low these days, where are the Humphreys, the Kennedys, of the Roosevelts people, the ones who loved America despite their personal flaws, they would NEVER condone the leftist hate that have been prominent in the streets these days.
Yes, that's half the story, but I realize that half the story is the best many can manage.

Forum List

Back