To those of you that are defending herd immunity before vaccination as HHS emails stated

Tough guys trump and Giuliani get sick, go in the hospital and get experimental drugs and procedures that we can't get. Then they come out and tell us it isn't all that bad
wasn't Trump on HQC.....?

~S~
Months ago for a week supposedly
do you know it's now approved

very quietly, Oct 30th

~S~
Link then. Because I don't believe that is accurate, The AMA considered it...and rejected it
Looks like it is still rejected.
An Update: Is hydroxychloroquine effective for COVID-19?
Medically reviewed by Leigh Ann Anderson, PharmD. Last updated on Dec 14, 2020.
interesting the AMA and FDA do not agree W6

~S~
Sparky, you are never one of the nut balls, so you forced me to look to find out if they agree, disagree or did they actually rescind instructions against Hydroxichloriquin for use in Covid-19 treatment.
Turns out the Rush was quoting a south Florida news outlet, that was quoting some doctors. Nobody was quoting the AMA, itself. In prep for meeting and discussion it was argued in that body for and against. In the the end the change reversing the policy was never adopted. The AMA has not come out in favor of Hydroxichloriquin at this time. There does not appear to be a quote from the AMA itself, as they have made no change.
PolitiFact's rating: False
Limbaugh read from an article in the Published Reporter, a website based in South Florida. The website wrote that the AMA "rescinded" a statement related to hydroxychloroquine.
Limbaugh accused the AMA of "knowingly lying about hydroxychloroquine." But as the Poynter Institute reported, the AMA never retracted its statement on the drug. The Published Reporter and other websites that spread similar claims have walked back their reports, and the AMA addressed the matter on Twitter.

VERIFY: The AMA did not change its stance on hydroxychloroquine and COVID-19
While a change in its position toward hydroxychloroquine was considered, the American Medical Association rejected the proposal.
THE QUESTION
Did the American Medical Association quietly rescind its opposition to prescribing hydroxychloroquine to COVID-19 patients?
THE ANSWER
No, says the American Medical Association. The AMA reiterated in a tweet Wednesday that its “position remains unchanged.”
View attachment 431107

Hope this helped.

Correct that the AMA did not change its mind on HCL.
But the AMA also was NEVER against the use of HCL under the discretion of a doctor.
Clearly it sometimes helps.
Possibly helps in certain cases, though data not encouraging. I do not mind if people experiment with it. I know the Doctors and Nurse Practitioner personally that guide me and doubt it would be a "go to" choice for me or their other patients and they know me. They could, if they thought it advisable convince me. I will trust them and the science as they are better informed (not through the tabloid discussions or lay political opinions on message boards) than I. I tend to go with them and authoritative peer reviewed sources. Hope it doesn't come up.

then again, very few are dying either.
Three hundred thousand have died.

STFU

Well go get you some. Oh yeah, 60,000,000 million babies have been killed since 1973. You'll let us know when you're concerned.

How many posts did it require to say the same damn off-topic thing? You are an excellent example of a single issue voter.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. All of a sudden they're concerned about a wimp virus but yet nothing for the millions of babies that were killed. Hypocrites.

STFU

Well go get you some. Oh yeah, 60,000,000 million babies have been killed since 1973. You'll let us know when you're concerned.

How many posts did it require to say the same damn off-topic thing? You are an excellent example of a single issue voter.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. All of a sudden they're concerned about a wimp virus but yet nothing for the millions of babies that were killed. Hypocrites.

I know, it's awesome the way you weave baby killing into every topic. :rolleyes-41:

STFU

I know, it's awesome the way you weave baby killing into every topic. :rolleyes-41:

Uh no. Nice try though. Only where it applies.

No, you are one that clearly is wrong.
Three hundred thousand is TINY, especially since we deliberately stretched this out to 11 months when it could have been ended in 1 month.
Wow. Just fucking amazing. And you live among actual humans?
The 300 thousand is about 0.06% of the population, and only 4% of those who already die every single year, from easily preventable things like smoking or obesity.
You just do not understand how to interpret numbers.
Remember the population is 340 million.

And the way to achieve the smallest death toll is through herd immunity as quickly as possible.

Tough guys trump and Giuliani get sick, go in the hospital and get experimental drugs and procedures that we can't get. Then they come out and tell us it isn't all that bad

~S~

very quietly, Oct 30th

~S~
Link then. Because I don't believe that is accurate, The AMA considered it...and rejected it

~S~
Sparky, you are never one of the nut balls, so you forced me to look to find out if they agree, disagree or did they actually rescind instructions against Hydroxichloriquin for use in Covid-19 treatment.
Turns out the Rush was quoting a south Florida news outlet, that was quoting some doctors. Nobody was quoting the AMA, itself. In prep for meeting and discussion it was argued in that body for and against. In the the end the change reversing the policy was never adopted. The AMA has not come out in favor of Hydroxichloriquin at this time. There does not appear to be a quote from the AMA itself, as they have made no change.
Limbaugh read from an article in the Published Reporter, a website based in South Florida. The website wrote that the AMA "rescinded" a statement related to hydroxychloroquine.
Limbaugh accused the AMA of "knowingly lying about hydroxychloroquine." But as the Poynter Institute reported, the AMA never retracted its statement on the drug. The Published Reporter and other websites that spread similar claims have walked back their reports, and the AMA addressed the matter on Twitter.

While a change in its position toward hydroxychloroquine was considered, the American Medical Association rejected the proposal.
THE QUESTION
Did the American Medical Association quietly rescind its opposition to prescribing hydroxychloroquine to COVID-19 patients?
THE ANSWER
No, says the American Medical Association. The AMA reiterated in a tweet Wednesday that its “position remains unchanged.”
View attachment 431107

Hope this helped.

But the AMA also was NEVER against the use of HCL under the discretion of a doctor.
Possibly helps in certain cases, though data not encouraging. I do not mind if people experiment with it. I know the Doctors and Nurse Practitioner personally that guide me and doubt it would be a "go to" choice for me or their other patients and they know me. They could, if they thought it advisable convince me. I will trust them and the science as they are better informed (not through the tabloid discussions or lay political opinions on message boards) than I. I tend to go with them and authoritative peer reviewed sources. Hope it doesn't come up.

I am a scientist. "Trust the science" is just more propaganda and the left trying to shame people. There is bad science. The gullible dont see that though. They lap up the lies like sweet nectarine.

~S~

very quietly, Oct 30th

~S~

~S~

THE QUESTION
THE ANSWER
View attachment 431107

Hope this helped.

I am a scientist. "Trust the science" is just more propaganda and the left trying to shame people. There is bad science. The gullible dont see that though. They lap up the lies like sweet nectarine.
In general, do you accept most of the evaluations of fact from your published peers in the field of your scientific discipline and study?

~S~

very quietly, Oct 30th

~S~

~S~

THE QUESTION
THE ANSWER
View attachment 431107

Hope this helped.

In general, do you accept most of the evaluations of fact from your published peers in the field of your scientific discipline and study?

Its geology. I trust quite a few of them actually but there are many that speculate on past geologic processes that I don't trust because of the methods that are employed. The only true science is mathematics.

The 300 thousand is about 0.06% of the population, and only 4% of those who already die every single year, from easily preventable things like smoking or obesity.
What you miss is that you're comparing average numbers of vastly fluctuating situations. When put head to head, last week coronavirus deaths were greater than the previous leading causes. Larger than from heart disease or cancer.

~S~

very quietly, Oct 30th

~S~

~S~

THE QUESTION
THE ANSWER
View attachment 431107

Hope this helped.

Its geology. I trust quite a few of them actually but there are many that speculate on past geologic processes that I don't trust because of the methods that are employed. The only true science is mathematics.
Actually yours is also a true science. Unless personally educationally involved in a scientific discipline, most people do not possess the background or training to understand or evaluate the underlying peer reviewed science. This leaves the door wide open to speculation, in a culture currently steeped in conspiracy theory, political allegiance, and mass speculation communicated to the masses instantly and constantly on every internet site available. Easier and more reliable, if not trained to go with current majority of recognized scientific sources as to consensus. I imagine you are pretty sure the world is more than 6,000 years old, though consensus at the hands of the scientist under the churches at one time went with the biblical number. Concensus evolves as science evolves. Often room for doubt, but not important enough to raise heaven and earth over at the public non-trained level.

Nominated ^ for Most Deranged and Stupid Post of the Week! :D
You're a self-professed pimp and a charlatan.
And you damned doctors yourselves wield nukes against your slaves, inmates, and patients on false cocked-up misdagnoses and malpractices of cancer etc.

Sparky, you are never one of the nut balls

i'd really rather not be W6, more than happy to be corrected...

Turns out the Rush was quoting a south Florida news outlet, that was quoting some doctors

which is not solid validation by any means

Hope this helped.

well yes W6 , look .....all i got was this AMA pdf>>>
https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-10/nov20-handbook-addendum.pdf

there's a thread on it around here somewhere

if it's forged or faked, i'd be the last to know

~S~

Sparky, you are never one of the nut balls

i'd really rather not be W6, more than happy to be corrected...

Turns out the Rush was quoting a south Florida news outlet, that was quoting some doctors

which is not solid validation by any means

Hope this helped.

well yes W6 , look .....all i got was this AMA pdf>>>
https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-10/nov20-handbook-addendum.pdf

there's a thread on it around here somewhere

if it's forged or faked, i'd be the last to know

~S~
I checked the letter of Oct 30 about the agenda and proposed resolution 509 after you linked. I then went int to the daily notes of the meeting in November which I linked below. Could not find where the resolution was passed by that body.

Thumbnail
Kevin B. O'Reilly
News Editor
Highlights from the November 2020 AMA Special Meeting
Highlights from the November 2020 AMA Special Meeting

~S~

very quietly, Oct 30th

~S~

~S~

THE QUESTION
THE ANSWER
View attachment 431107

Hope this helped.

That is true, but the science says all epidemics have always been ended by herd immunity, and herd immunity always results in the least number of deaths.
No one has ever successfully ended any epidemic ever, by flattening the curve, because you can never get it down to zero that way. So all you do is delay infections and deaths, and by giving it more time, it is able to spread much further than it would have otherwise, resulting in a much larger death toll.

There is no question about the science. Flattening the curve was a mistake and totally the wrong thing to do.
One of the reasons for the mistake was that originally only the very sick were getting tested and being counted, so we had a false lethality ratio that was over 10 times too high.
Another is that we assumed no one was already immune because it was a novel virus. Turns out is it is very similar to many previous epidemics and over half the population is already inherently immune or at least highly resistant, like children for example.
The final reason the estimated herd immunity death toll was so incorrectly high was that we did not realize it is mostly those over 70 who are dying. By employing variolation on volunteers under 30, we could cut the herd immunity death toll by a factor of 40.

What you miss is that you're comparing average numbers of vastly fluctuating situations. When put head to head, last week coronavirus deaths were greater than the previous leading causes. Larger than from heart disease or cancer.

That is not true.
Smoking and heart disease from over eating each kill about half million a year, which is much more than covid-19.
And clearly if we had ended the epidemic in March, it would hardly have killed a significant number of people at all, so those who caused us to flatten the curve and make the epidemic last forever, are the ones responsible for the deaths, not really covid-19.
If covid-19 has a very large week, usually that is due to delays in reporting the deaths, and is not reason to consider covid-19 more serious.
If we really considered covid-19 as more serious, then we would have ended it as soon as possible, instead of deliberately delaying it by flattening the curve.
The 2 ways to end an epidemic are total quarantine or herd immunity.
They both work fast, and could have ended the epidemic in March.
The fact we did not even try to end it, shows we do not really believe it is significant.
Delaying the epidemic by flattening the curve was never the right thing to do.
It causes the maximum death toll by giving the epidemic the most time to spread the furthest.

~S~

very quietly, Oct 30th

~S~

~S~

THE QUESTION
THE ANSWER
View attachment 431107

Hope this helped.

That is true, but the science says all epidemics have always been ended by herd immunity, and herd immunity always results in the least number of deaths.
No one has ever successfully ended any epidemic ever, by flattening the curve, because you can never get it down to zero that way. So all you do is delay infections and deaths, and by giving it more time, it is able to spread much further than it would have otherwise, resulting in a much larger death toll.

There is no question about the science. Flattening the curve was a mistake and totally the wrong thing to do.
One of the reasons for the mistake was that originally only the very sick were getting tested and being counted, so we had a false lethality ratio that was over 10 times too high.
Another is that we assumed no one was already immune because it was a novel virus. Turns out is it is very similar to many previous epidemics and over half the population is already inherently immune or at least highly resistant, like children for example.
The final reason the estimated herd immunity death toll was so incorrectly high was that we did not realize it is mostly those over 70 who are dying. By employing variolation on volunteers under 30, we could cut the herd immunity death toll by a factor of 40.
Probably best (quickest/least deadly) way to achieve any type of herd immunity is by an aggressive vaccination program rather than intentional spreading it to less vulnerable youth, as they invariable interact with more vulnerable individuals. This has work for other serious diseases in humans.

~S~

very quietly, Oct 30th

~S~

~S~

THE QUESTION
THE ANSWER
View attachment 431107

Hope this helped.

I agree.

~S~

very quietly, Oct 30th

~S~

~S~

THE QUESTION
THE ANSWER
View attachment 431107

Hope this helped.

Probably best (quickest/least deadly) way to achieve any type of herd immunity is by an aggressive vaccination program rather than intentional spreading it to less vulnerable youth, as they invariable interact with more vulnerable individuals. This has work for other serious diseases in humans.

Correct.
But vaccinations are only starting to become available now,11 months too late.
Herd immunity with more risk could have ended the epidemic in March, saving over 250,000 lives.
But deliberate variolation does not risk spread because since you know when and who was deliberately infected, then isolating them for 12 days is trivial.
Vaccinations generally take so long to produce and distribute, that they have never been used to end an existing epidemic, but to prevent future ones.

It’s anti science and anti health that when your techniques are not working then double down on same procedures

No, you are one that clearly is wrong.
Three hundred thousand is TINY, especially since we deliberately stretched this out to 11 months when it could have been ended in 1 month.
Wow. Just fucking amazing. And you live among actual humans?

And the way to achieve the smallest death toll is through herd immunity as quickly as possible.
Covid hoax is predicated upon math and stat retardantion which is why schools teach accepting illegal immigration instead of math and stats.

Forum List

Back