To the fatty

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
"To The Fatty Running On The Track This Afternoon"...And To All Overweight People Who Exercise

A fitness enthusiast wrote this controversial message to an overweight runner at her local track. After posting it on Facebook, it has gone viral and deserves everyone's attention.
It begins:

"To the fatty running on the Westview track this afternoon: You, whose feet barely lift off the ground as you trudge around the track. You, who keeps the outside lane, footslogging in the wrong direction. You, who stops for water breaks every lap, and who would probably stop twice a lap if there were bleachers on both sides. You whose gaze drops to your feet everytime we pass. You, whose sweat drenches your body after you leave, completing only a single, 20-minute mile: There's something you should know: YOU FUCKING ROCK.

Every shallow step you take, you carry the weight of more than two of me, clinging to your bones, begging to be shaken off. Each lap you run, you’re paying off the debt of another midnight snack, another dessert, another beer. It’s 20 degrees outside, but you haven’t let that stop your regimen. This isn’t your first day out here, and it certainly won’t be your last. You’ve started a journey that lasts a lifetime, and you’ve started it at least 12 days before your New Year’s resolution kicks in. You run without music, and I can only imagine the mantras running through your mind as you heave your ever-shrinking mass around the next lap. Let’s go, feet. Shut up, legs. F**k off, fat. If you’d only look up from your feet the next time we pass, you’d see my gaze has no condescension in it. I have nothing but respect for you.

You’ve got this."

Read the rest at the link.

"To The Fatty Running On The Track This Afternoon"...And To All Overweight People Who Exercise

A fitness enthusiast wrote this controversial message to an overweight runner at her local track. After posting it on Facebook, it has gone viral and deserves everyone's attention.
It begins:

"To the fatty running on the Westview track this afternoon: You, whose feet barely lift off the ground as you trudge around the track. You, who keeps the outside lane, footslogging in the wrong direction. You, who stops for water breaks every lap, and who would probably stop twice a lap if there were bleachers on both sides. You whose gaze drops to your feet everytime we pass. You, whose sweat drenches your body after you leave, completing only a single, 20-minute mile: There's something you should know: YOU FUCKING ROCK.

Every shallow step you take, you carry the weight of more than two of me, clinging to your bones, begging to be shaken off. Each lap you run, you’re paying off the debt of another midnight snack, another dessert, another beer. It’s 20 degrees outside, but you haven’t let that stop your regimen. This isn’t your first day out here, and it certainly won’t be your last. You’ve started a journey that lasts a lifetime, and you’ve started it at least 12 days before your New Year’s resolution kicks in. You run without music, and I can only imagine the mantras running through your mind as you heave your ever-shrinking mass around the next lap. Let’s go, feet. Shut up, legs. F**k off, fat. If you’d only look up from your feet the next time we pass, you’d see my gaze has no condescension in it. I have nothing but respect for you.

You’ve got this."

:smiliehug:

Check this out, I didn't know how to copy the video to get it here.

See our new television commercial called Finish Line | Values.com

Great post. It takes a great deal of courage to show up at the gym among a lot of people who are already in really good shape and who are kicking it out. To keep coming back takes a lot, and I know it is not easy. When I first started working out and running after I quit smoking, I couldn't even make it one time around my block. It was not easy to get to where I am today, so I do give credit to anyone who is trying.

There is one thing that does bother me a bit when I'm at the gym though. It's when I see someone walking on the treadmill or using the elliptical and just barely putting forth any effort because they are trying to read a book while they work out. Now, I have to admit that at least they are doing something, but they are really missing the point of working out, and that is to get the heart rate up and to actually work and sweat. Still, it's better than them sitting at home reading their book or watching television, so I can't be too critical.

It begins:

You’ve got this."

:smiliehug:

Check this out, I didn't know how to copy the video to get it here.

See our new television commercial called Finish Line | Values.com

I love this -

You're not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side,
you know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go
You know I won't give in
No I won't give in

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through,
we'll make it through
Keep holding on

Great post. It takes a great deal of courage to show up at the gym among a lot of people who are already in really good shape and who are kicking it out. To keep coming back takes a lot, and I know it is not easy. When I first started working out and running after I quit smoking, I couldn't even make it one time around my block. It was not easy to get to where I am today, so I do give credit to anyone who is trying.

There is one thing that does bother me a bit when I'm at the gym though. It's when I see someone walking on the treadmill or using the elliptical and just barely putting forth any effort because they are trying to read a book while they work out. Now, I have to admit that at least they are doing something, but they are really missing the point of working out, and that is to get the heart rate up and to actually work and sweat. Still, it's better than them sitting at home reading their book or watching television, so I can't be too critical.

When I was doing PT after my knee surgery, I had a couple of people say they don't do all the therapists tell them to and that "they'll never know".

Pretty weird attitude.

I agree with it. Its what I think everytime I see an overweight person jogging around the lake I go running around. I think they are champions. They are out there, slogging it out, doing their best, which is more than I can say for the lazy bastards sitting at home. They have nothing to be ashamed of. They should lift their heads high. I'm always proud of them.

It takes guts (no pun intended) to be a fatty on the move. Just the other day I watched a chunky young girl running up a hill. I wanted to tell her to go Atkins lifestyle (and for all I know she may already), but I was very tempted to holler out my car window "good for you!" but of course that would simply confirm that I see she is fat, and besides it would be quite condescending. Still, I was impressed.

It takes guts (no pun intended) to be a fatty on the move. Just the other day I watched a chunky young girl running up a hill. I wanted to tell her to go Atkins lifestyle (and for all I know she may already), but I was very tempted to holler out my car window "good for you!" but of course that would simply confirm that I see she is fat, and besides it would be quite condescending. Still, I was impressed.

Atkins can be very effective but it's not for everybody. When I did Atkins I had no energy to exercise at all, because I had very little carbs. I literally felt my feet were dragging and even my coach and other people in the gym noticed I don't perform. It was that obvious. I think the key is to try different ways and find what works best for you. For me it's old simple calorie counting because if you tell me to eliminate a certain food group that's precisely what I will crave for :D But if I am doing calorie counting I can include anything I want, even cake and French fries.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back