To avoid election fraud like we have in the U.S....Britain is going to institute Voter ID for voting....

Even our resident liberals KNOW deep down that it is asinine not to require ID to vote, it just so happens to help their cause so they donā€™t care. Their programming requires they ignore the obvious and to go to the trusty fallback plan and deem it racist. Much like the ā€œrich need to pay their fair shareā€ completely false narrative, It is a simple yet effective strategy, particularly on gullible, ignorant, brainwashed people.
What states don't require an ID to vote? I know here in Maine we do not, but we really don't need one way up here...

How does presenting a govt issued photo id at the polling place stop any voter fraud?

What's the purpose?

Please explain what fraud a govt photo id of people already vetted and registered to vote stops?
A voter ID can prevent someone from voting multiple times since the voter rolls can then be verified and bogus IDs removed from the rolls.

Ever hear of the old Cook County mantra "vote early - vote often"?
You can't vote multiple times in person.

You can only vote in the precinct you are registered in, when you vote, your name is marked as voted.

If you had already sent in an absentee ballot, then your name is marked as voted in your precinct voter roll, and you will not be able to vote in person.

There have been CHECKS in place, in election law, for decades that prevents double voting....kyzr!!

Even if you show up in a precinct that is not yours, they will give you a provisional ballot, which they will check to see if you voted in person or absentee already, before counting the provisional ballot.
1. If voters can't vote more than once, how did some Milwaukee precincts end up with more votes than registered voters? Its an urban plantation thang.

2. Mail-in voting is very easy to cheat, that's why many EU countries don't allow it.

3. In 2012 Mitt Romney didn't get one vote in 59 precincts, even though there were many registered Republicans in those precincts. How did that happen without cheating? Urban plantations have ALWAYS cheated.

4. Even in 2020 in PA there was cheating

So please don't whine about making voting more transparent and secure, like the new laws in FL, GA, and TX. Those types of laws should be nationwide.

Some states issue separate ballots for state and federal elections. So each voter has two ballots. The total ballots cast is ALWAYS more than the number of voters in the precincts.
No, his links and stories on it,

Are simply NOT true.... Fake News.

Even our resident liberals KNOW deep down that it is asinine not to require ID to vote, it just so happens to help their cause so they donā€™t care. Their programming requires they ignore the obvious and to go to the trusty fallback plan and deem it racist. Much like the ā€œrich need to pay their fair shareā€ completely false narrative, It is a simple yet effective strategy, particularly on gullible, ignorant, brainwashed people.
What states don't require an ID to vote? I know here in Maine we do not, but we really don't need one way up here...

How does presenting a govt issued photo id at the polling place stop any voter fraud?

What's the purpose?

Please explain what fraud a govt photo id of people already vetted and registered to vote stops?

The purpose is to prove that you are who you say your are. What is the purpose of showing an ID at the bank when you got to withdraw money? If I knew that John Doe had an account at Bank of America, I could simply walk in and tell them I was John Doe and I would like to withdraw some money. Would that make any sense? Would it be easy to commit fraud under those circumstances?

Last edited:

Last time I voted, I didn't need to show ID. I just told them my name, they confirmed my address and it was fine.

Funny, all the places that want voter ID now are the same ones that wanted literacy tests and poll taxes 50 years ago.

Is it discriminatory to ask for an ID at a bank? I mean, you canā€™t have an account without providing ID. Is that racist too? There is no difference unless you donā€™t consider a personā€™s vote to be as important as their money.

There was a grand total of one conviction for electoral fraud at the last election. One. This is just a tory measure to reduce the number of poor people from voting. A passport cost Ā£83 and a driving license costs Ā£43. Thats a huge amount for folk struggling on benefits and not a must have purchase for folk scratching by on minimum wage and zero hours contracts.

Its probably racist as well but I dont have the figures to hand. Taken with the other proposed measures its just a piece of gerrymandering.

Yeah, because we donā€™t have the resources to investigate all the individual cases of fraud. You know as well as I do that certainly far more than ONE person voted using someone elseā€™s name. Like I have said before, it is a brilliant strategy by the Democrats. They enable each voter to easily commit fraud recognizing that it is impossible to find, much less prosecute them all. Let them do the dirty work instead of a huge ballot drop by a few guys.

What's the purpose?

You get people showing up and voting for people on the rolls but who died, are criminals or have no history of voting.....

What's the purpose?

A voter ID can prevent someone from voting multiple times since the voter rolls can then be verified and bogus IDs removed from the rolls.

You can only vote in the precinct you are registered in, when you vote, your name is marked as voted.

If you had already sent in an absentee ballot, then your name is marked as voted in your precinct voter roll, and you will not be able to vote in person.

There have been CHECKS in place, in election law, for decades that prevents double voting....kyzr!!

Even if you show up in a precinct that is not yours, they will give you a provisional ballot, which they will check to see if you voted in person or absentee already, before counting the provisional ballot.
1. If voters can't vote more than once, how did some Milwaukee precincts end up with more votes than registered voters? Its an urban plantation thang.

2. Mail-in voting is very easy to cheat, that's why many EU countries don't allow it.

3. In 2012 Mitt Romney didn't get one vote in 59 precincts, even though there were many registered Republicans in those precincts. How did that happen without cheating? Urban plantations have ALWAYS cheated.

So please don't whine about making voting more transparent and secure, like the new laws in FL, GA, and TX. Those types of laws should be nationwide.

Some states issue separate ballots for state and federal elections. So each voter has two ballots. The total ballots cast is ALWAYS more than the number of voters in the precincts.

Look at his sources. The Inquirer?!?

What's the purpose?

Look at his sources. The Inquirer?!?
Every presidential election the Republican media, claims the same thing.... More voters than registered voters... And every year it is shown to be just another lie....

First, you can not have more voters than Registered voters. Ones name, has to be on the registered voters, Voter Roll to vote..... If they are not a registered voter, their name would not be on the registered voter roll at the voting precinct....there is no way to get around it....

If their name for some reason is not on the registered voter roll, then they can vote a provisional ballot, which are checked to see if the person is a registered voter, and has not voted in another precinct or via absentee ballot.

There never will be, nor ever can be, more voters than Registered Voters..... The CHECKS in the system, won't allow it.

France has a very diverse population with significant minorities. To vote, one must present one's i.d. No one has a problem with this.
Do they have a required National ID?
Compared to the U.S., France is a much more "state control" government, yet people still enjoy a great sense of liberty. The current image of American life disquiets them.

France has a very diverse population with significant minorities. To vote, one must present one's i.d. No one has a problem with this.
Do they have a required National ID?
Compared to the U.S., France is a much more "state control" government, yet people still enjoy a great sense of liberty. The current image of American life disquiets them.

France requires voter ID in an "acceptable form". There are 7 different forms of ID which are acceptable in France.

In Canada, any government issued ID will do, and if you don't have ID, if someone knows you at the polling station and will vouch for you, you can vote without ID.

Yep.....The British saw the last election and realized that stealing an election becomes much easier if you don't have voter ID.......

We don't have election.fraud.

Claiming there isn't election fraud is essentially stating our election system is perfect. Think about that for a minute.

PERFECT.

Is it?

Or are we willfully denying its flaws so one can instill the false idea that the President was elected in good faith by a well-meaning electorate?

Don't be stupider than you have to be. You know what I meant.

Yes I did, hence why I called you out for your egregiously arrogant statement.

At any rate, your response is nothing more than a deflection.

Noted.

Yep.....The British saw the last election and realized that stealing an election becomes much easier if you don't have voter ID.......

Thread title is a moronic, lying take. In reality, the right wingers in Britain are trying to reduce turnout, in order to win elections. The entire world knows this. It's not even a secret.

THEN THERE ARE THE DEMOCRATS:
  • Concerned as all get out that every vote counts that Joe is pushing his WE THE PEOPLE bill, except that:
    1. It doesn't do ANY of the things that the 2005 Commission on Election Reform actually recommended, including Voter ID.
    2. After Obumma exhaustively ranting while in office that the strength of our election system which PREVENTED fraud was our complex election system built upon independent local and state systems, Joe comes along and tries to federalize all state elections under one whip and set of rules!

Look at this dog and pony show... not ONE of these right wingers actually believes, gun to their heads, that they are battling fraud. Every single one of them knows full well their support for this is to try to maintain right wing power in societies where they are the minority. Why do we indulge these lying freaks AT ALL?

Biff McLendon ?
Zyes. Praise Allah !
This bloody pic doesn't show you with a black beard and curly black hair. It says you're an Irishman with red hair and green eyes ?
Zyes, I converting to Islam and had surgery. Praise Allah !
Bloody alright then....typical here. Go vote. God Save Da Kween.
Zanx zyoo ! PBUHer

Are these proposed measures so draconian that they would seriously derail a democracy? Are people so fragile that they can't handle a bit of effort in order to assert a civic responsibility?

We don't have election.fraud.

Claiming there isn't election fraud is essentially stating our election system is perfect. Think about that for a minute.

PERFECT.

Is it?

Or are we willfully denying its flaws so one can instill the false idea that the President was elected in good faith by a well-meaning electorate?

Don't be stupider than you have to be. You know what I meant.

Yes I did, hence why I called you out for your egregiously arrogant statement.

At any rate, your response is nothing more than a deflection.

Noted.

Don't try to justify your lies.

What's the purpose?

The only way to truly clamp down on voter fraud is to convert voting to an online exercise.

Requiring two-factor identification when you log onto the voting system.

A voting system that won't let you vote if your vote has already been recorded.

Oh, there are security challenges, to be sure, but such systems can be bulletproofed well enough to do the job with high confidence in their security and reliability.

Yeah, except that hasn't really happened here in decades...

No, they're not. Are you familiar with doing a web search?

Uh, yeah, they are..

What's the purpose?

The only way to truly clamp down on voter fraud is to convert voting to an online exercise.

Requiring two-factor identification when you log onto the voting system.

A voting system that won't let you vote if your vote has already been recorded.

Oh, there are security challenges, to be sure, but such systems can be bulletproofed well enough to do the job with high confidence in their security and reliability.
But the system in place now in each state ...already prevents a citizen, from voting twice in the State???

how does having an I D at the polling place stop something, that never existed?

Voter fraud through impersonating another registered voter, by voting in their place at the voting precinct simply doesn't happen....

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Is it discriminatory to ask for an ID at a bank? I mean, you canā€™t have an account without providing ID. Is that racist too? There is no difference unless you donā€™t consider a personā€™s vote to be as important as their money.

There isn't a right to have a bank account. There are even good reasons why someone SHOULD be denied a bank account.

There is a right to vote.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back