To all you calling BS on the Trump indictment…

The Trump cult have their panties in a wad over their dear leaders indictment.

Cults​

View attachment 771343
GoodTherapy
https://www.goodtherapy.org › ... › PsychPedia

Members who wish to break free of a cult often have difficulty doing so ... Cults tend to be led by a charismatic and compelling leader who demands loyalty.

Well, if it spreads through the elite, especially politicians, I have no problem with that. It's time we said ENOUGH. Across the board.

Yet you don’t believe 7 years of constantly trying to destroy Trump is ENOUGH! He’s out of office and it’s still not ENOUGH.

When I was a boy, John Gotti was being charged with crimes constantly. He was the Teflon Don. He skated on several racketeering and murder trials. That didn’t mean he was an honest man doing nothing wrong. It just meant he was hard to convict.

Finally they got him and locked him up until he died in prison.

I asked my Dad why he kept getting away with it when they were starting the first trial. My Dad told me the people who founded this nation wanted it hard to convict someone. And Gotti was smart enough to keep his mouth shut when talking to cops.

Let me repeat what I’ve said previously. I don’t know. I don’t know if the charges are warranted. I don’t know if Trump will be convicted. I don’t know if the evidence is good or bullshit.

And neither do you.

I’ve also said I think it is unlikely that the outcome will be anything but a hung jury. I don’t think you can put even 12 people together at random and not have at least one of them be a Trump Supporter. So I don’t see a conviction being likely. I also don’t think that out of twelve random people you can avoid having at least one of them be a Trump Hater. So I don’t think an outright acquittal is likely.

Does this change my mind about Trump? I’ve said many times I voted for him in 2016. I’ve also said I didn’t vote in 2020. I don’t see a circumstance where I would vote for him again. Polling and talking to people makes me think I am not alone in that opinion.

What are you talking about, goofy? I said gather the facts and run with them. That's on your party to do. Go.

You people are so freakin' defensive. You make college snowflakes look like Stallone.

Get over yourself.
So nothing in my post was incorrect, and you lied about that.

How do you know it’s bs?!
I have not seen it, so I will reserve judgement, as you wisely suggest.

But it has been widely speculated that the charges are related to the $130,000 payment for the NDA. It's also been widely reported that the feds twice looked at it, and decided not to pursue any charges, and also that Alvin's Bragg's office also initially refused to pursue.

There is widespread opinion that this appears to be politically-motivated, going after Biden's main opponent, and the prosecution is using untested legal strategy to escalate a misdemeanor for which the statute of limitations has expired, to pursue a felony charge.

It's super hypocritical for Bragg to be doing this while constantly downgrading violent felonies to lesser charges while real crime in NYC surges.

Regards,
Jim

Extreme irreversible TDS reply.
9B4q6ui.jpg

You know the topic but you don’t know the charges or the evidence behind the charges. Correct?
As I said already, of course we don’t yet know the precise charges. The indictment is still under seal.

And although we aren’t yet privy to what was provided in the way of testimony to the grand jury, since it’s a secret proceeding for the time being, we do know in general terms what was provided. The little rat fuck Cohen said his shut against Trump which he had relayed to the world before his GJ testimony. Of course, he’s already a convicted perjurer, so it’s not reasonable to give his testimony too much weight.

But you’re free to believe whatever you wish.

If you can't see that this entire investigation is primarily because of politics then you are willfully blind.
Rather ----if there is evidence that is credible enough, sufficient enough that a crime has been committed, and...the Prosecutor's office believes it is persuasive enough to have a pretty good chance of conviction then......then....it would dereliction of duty to not file charges, make their case, and allow the defendant to respond.
Seems like the American way, to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • I don't see how they can spin that when the money came from an LLC that Cohen ran that had nothing to do with the campaign.
  • And if the money did not come from the campaign coffers then it cannot be proven it was campaign finance fraud.
Well, the nuance that the earnest poster BM does not mention is that Cohen now says it had everything to do with the campaign, and he has documents to prove it, and, if we are to believe last night's talking-heads there are corroborating witnesses to the purported allegations also.

So in the end, we all can agree that liars lie. And Cohen has lied in the past. But, liars don't lie all the time. So the challenge is to determine when are they lying and when are they truthful. Which....obviously....circles us right back to the supporting documents and corroborating witnesses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.... it's political suicide. If they fail, we get President Trump 2.0. If they succeed, we get something far worse:
Yeah, the political risk is notable. So stipulated. However, must we view our criminal law enforcement in this case through a political lens?
I mean by that --- if the evidence is credible and persuasive, and the prosecutor's office believes they can get a conviction by presenting it......well, it would be a dereliction of duty to NOT bring it.
And to NOT bring it because there is a fear of political ramifications.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
no reason for a grand jury show trial
There was no trial by the grand jury. That's not what they do. So, let's see if there will be an actual trial in a court of law.
------------------------------------------------------------
The GJ is a secret hearing that delivers a secret verdict
No, it doesn't.
They present a recommendation to the prosecutors.
It is up to the prosecutors, and ultimately a judge......to move the whole thing towards an actual "verdict".
Trust me.
---------------------------------------------------------

That's up to the FEC which has reviewed the case already and determined no wrong doing.
Link?
--------------------------------------------------------
He can't make a case with a witness that is clearly not credible.
Oh yeah, you can. Happens all the time. Listen to any of the talking-heads on the telly who were DA's. They will readily....only too happily.....tell you that in criminal trials they often -- often -- needed to rely upon sketchy characters with sketchy resume's with a history of lying if not actual crimes.
Hence.....cue the corroborating evidence. Cue the corroborating witnesses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The good part about it is, they just created probably over a million new Trump supporters!
That may be.
But he still needs what?
...... another 6 million to catch Joe Biden's last game? (81,284,000 vs 74,224,000)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would think that if it were anything else, Fat Alvin would have let the public know what those other charges are.

Ummm, patience Grasshopper. Let the cake bake. The telly says the public will know in 4 days....on Tuesday next week.

Forum List

Back