Tired of Whining Vegans, Restaurant Owner Drops All Vegan Items from Menu

That really is the nature of the transaction Sue. You always get asked how you wantyour steak cooked over here. Shocked that it isnt the case in America.

Never been to America, huh?

Of course you get asked that. I'm talking about building a menu item from scratch and asking the kitchen to make it. People do that

Never been to America, huh?

Of course you get asked that. I'm talking about building a menu item from scratch and asking the kitchen to make it. People do that
Where is the problem in that ? Food is as personal as it gets and you dont want to pay for something you dont like.
Thats communism.

I disagree.

It is far from humane and is downright cruel

Yes. It's good business. My DiL is vegan. my son mostly, but he still enjoys a good piece of meat. My wife prefers chicken to beef. If the 4 of us decide to go to a steak house, we will pick one that offers alternatives to steak as well. The broader the menu, the more business you attract.

Then why don't vegan focused places offer meat?

Wouldn't that be good business?

I never said anything about the restaurant owner.

He can do what he wants IDGAF.

I am correcting your incorrect assumptions about vegans

I have found vegans, in general, to be far more militant about their philosophy than any other group.

There are a few who are reasonable, but most I have interacted with are annoying.

Then why don't vegan focused places offer meat?

Wouldn't that be good business?
A vegan only restaurant cannot serve meat and still be a vegan restaurant.

Restaurants that serve meat already serve all kinds of non meat items don't they?

I have yet to see a restaurant that serves nothing but meat and only meat.

Why would you want to alienate a growing market of diners if you already serve all kinds of non meat items anyway?

I have found vegans, in general, to be far more militant about their philosophy than any other group.

There are a few who are reasonable, but most I have interacted with are annoying.
and how many of the entire population that is vegan have you interacted with?

So people aren't allowed to ask a restaurant owner if they have vegetarian or vegan options?

It seems to me that a business person would want to attract as many people as possible to his establishment and if people in his area are asking for something it might be worth considering.

Annoying people are a huge drain on time, resources, and patience.

Why bother.

Annoying people are a huge drain on time, resources, and patience.

Why bother.
That's just it it's not a huge drain on any restaurant to offer vegetarian or vegan options. These places already serve all kinds of non meat items. I have never been to any restaurant that serves meat and only meat with no other vegetable or grain items. Have you?

Why not try to capture more of a customer base?

Restaurants that serve meat already serve all kinds of non meat items don't they?

Why would you want to alienate a growing market of diners if you already serve all kinds of non meat items anyway?

Is that a hard and fast rule? A regulation?

or is it because the owners CHOOSE to ignore the meat eating segment to focus on another segment?

Is that a hard and fast rule? A regulation?

or is it because the owners CHOOSE to ignore the meat eating segment to focus on another segment?
It's called a definition.

By definition a vegan only restaurant cannot serve meat. If they did they would no longer be a vegan restaurant.

So if there is a restaurant called Carnivore and all they served was a slab of beef with no veg or any other non meat sides I wouldn't expect them to buy non meat products for anyone

But like I said your average place that serves meat already serves a good variety of non meat items so what is the problem with putting together a couple meatless options so as to attract a larger customer base?

But you just said that the more ootions for a restaurant owner the better. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Or is it just one way with you?

It's called a definition.

By definition a vegan only restaurant cannot serve meat. If they did they would no longer be a vegan restaurant.

So if there is a restaurant called Carnivore and all they served was a slab of beef with no veg or any other non meat sides I wouldn't expect them to buy non meat products for anyone

But like I said your average place that serves meat already serves a good variety of non meat items so what is the problem with putting together a couple meatless options so as to attract a larger customer base?

Because once they call it vegan, there are expectations from the more daft in your community, and to this place it isn't worth the agitation.

Again, why not just have a few meat dishes to accommodate the omnivores in a group?

That's just it it's not a huge drain on any restaurant to offer vegetarian or vegan options. These places already serve all kinds of non meat items. I have never been to any restaurant that serves meat and only meat with no other vegetable or grain items. Have you?

Why not try to capture more of a customer base?

Vegetarian I agree. Vegan I don't. A friend of mine is an executive chef for a large property. They offer lots of vegetarian options in their multiple restaurants.

No vegan ones. When I asked why he was very blunt.

"Vegans are a royal pain in the ass".

But you just said that the more ootions for a restaurant owner the better. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Or is it just one way with you?
If there was a restaurant called Carnivore that only serves people a slab of beef with no veg, no bread etc. just meat and only meat I would not expect then to put any other options forward to anyone because by definition they can't be a carnivore restaurant if they serve anything but meat.

If a place is vegan then by definition they cannot offer meat because then they would no longer be vegan.

But in the vast majority of restaurants that serve meat they also serve veg and other non meat foods don't they?

So if they already serve these non meat foods how hard is it to offer a couple nonmeat options so as to attract a larger customer base?

Ultimately, it's not what really matters.

1660750667601.png

Because once they call it vegan, there are expectations from the more daft in your community, and to this place it isn't worth the agitation.

Again, why not just have a few meat dishes to accommodate the omnivores in a group?
No one is asking for this place in the UK to be a vegan restaurant.

And I guess my my whole post about definitions was over you head right?

If there was a restaurant called Carnivore that only serves people a slab of beef with no veg, no bread etc. just meat and only meat I would not expect then to put any other options forward to anyone because by definition they can't be a carnivore restaurant if they serve anything but meat.

If a place is vegan then by definition they cannot offer meat because then they would no longer be vegan.

But in the vast majority of restaurants that serve meat they also serve veg and other non meat foods don't they?

So if they already serve these non meat foods how hard is it to offer a couple nonmeat options so as to attract a larger customer base?

Because veganism is PRIMARILY a political/religious/philosophical choice.

In other words vegans are FAR more likely to be difficult to deal with.

With them the ARGUMENT IS THE GOAL!

Arguments are NOT the goal of the restaurant.

All business owners should have this kind of backbone.

“Please, vegans, It is not a given that we should adapt our menu to suit your preference,” the owners wrote. “If you want vegan food, go to a vegan restaurant…which incidentally if I went to one and asked for a steak I wouldn’t get one, nor would I expect to.

“You have chosen your lifestyle, it’s not a medical condition that you’ve been forced to endure through no fault of your own. Your choice does not fit with our style of cooking. We respect your choice, and expect that you respect ours.”

Give the vegans a complimentary glass of water and some sheaves of iceburg lettuce. Problem solved.

yeah we're all going to die so might as well die of heart disease at 60 instead of living longer

If you have the genetics for a widow maker what you eat is virtually immaterial.

Forum List

Back