Tired of Whining Vegans, Restaurant Owner Drops All Vegan Items from Menu

I personally am (mostly) vegetarian. I eat meat occasionally but that is based more on convenience and taste.

Veganism is a kind of quasi political choice and they’re welcome to it.

But restaurant owners have the right to offer vegan food or not. Also their choice

Why do you care if the rib place offers vegan dishes as long as you can still get your ribs?

If it's a vegan restaurant then it won't have ribs. Hence why it's called a vegan restaurant. If it wasn't it would just be called a restaurant.

I personally am (mostly) vegetarian. I eat meat occasionally but that is based more on convenience and taste.

Veganism is a kind of quasi political choice and they’re welcome to it.

But restaurant owners have the right to offer vegan food or not. Also their choice

Veganism is mostly either a health choice or a choice of conscience. You think everything is political
If it's a vegan restaurant then it won't have ribs. Hence why it's called a vegan restaurant. If it wasn't it would just be called a restaurant.
The issue is offering vegan options at a restaurant that serves meat. No one is calling for a steakhouse to be a vegan only restaurant

So people aren't allowed to ask a restaurant owner if they have vegetarian or vegan options?

It seems to me that a business person would want to attract as many people as possible to his establishment and if people in his area are asking for something it might be worth considering.
/——-/ Obviously, you’ve never dealt with militant Vegans and their superiority complex.

Veganism is mostly either a health choice or a choice of conscience. You think everything is political

The issue is offering vegan options at a restaurant that serves meat. No one is calling for a steakhouse to be a vegan only restaurant

No the issue was being harrased for not having vegan options. You'd know that if you read the original article. They chose not to have that option and instead just concentrate on what they specialized in and were attacked for it.

A restaurant belongs to the owner, they can do what they please with it. They aren't beholden to please everyone. When you try to please everyone you end up with not really pleasing anyone. If people don't like the restaurant they don't have to go there and can go somewhere else or just.

When you start making exceptions then where does it end at? If you make them for these people then you have to make them for everyone.

You seem awful bent out of shape over a restaurant out of millions and millions of restaurants. I mean there are vegan only places around me, but I don't go to them because I like meat. I don't whine saying they don't serve meat, I just simply don't go. I go to the hitching post because all they have is meat and they are damned good at preparing it because it's what they do best and all they concentrate on.

Trying to please everyone is stupid.

No the issue was being harrased for not having vegan options. You'd know that if you read the original article. They chose not to have that option and instead just concentrate on what they specialized in and were attacked for it.

A restaurant belongs to the owner, they can do what they please with it. They aren't beholden to please everyone. When you try to please everyone you end up with not really pleasing anyone. If people don't like the restaurant they don't have to go there and can go somewhere else or just.

When you start making exceptions then where does it end at? If you make them for these people then you have to make them for everyone.

You seem awful bent out of shape over a restaurant out of millions and millions of restaurants. I mean there are vegan only places around me, but I don't go to them because I like meat. I don't whine saying they don't serve meat, I just simply don't go. I go to the hitching post because all they have is meat and they are damned good at preparing it because it's what they do best and all they concentrate on.

No one expects a barbecue joint to have se food. They may but that is their choice.

Don’t like it, eat else where

Meat substitutes are not like animals because they do not contain dead animal flesh.

Most vegans were meat eaters at some point so what do you care if a person wants something that tastes like a sausage without having to kill animals to eat it ?
We have seen many agendas that start out innocently enough. This vegan agenda is past the innocent stage as the plant based or whatever else the product is made of is getting more space on supermarket shelves. Something else is involved with this also.

3pyv2o.jpg

BFD what company or business hasn't had to deal with internet assholes?

And I'm not bent out of shape at all. The restaurant is in the UK so I won't be eating there.

I said it is not a good business decision to ignore a growing customer base just because you got your panties in a bunch over some online assholery .

it doesn't take a hell of a lot of effort or money to offer a couple vegetarian or vegan dishes so as to bring in more business.

All business owners should have this kind of backbone.

“Please, vegans, It is not a given that we should adapt our menu to suit your preference,” the owners wrote. “If you want vegan food, go to a vegan restaurant…which incidentally if I went to one and asked for a steak I wouldn’t get one, nor would I expect to.

“You have chosen your lifestyle, it’s not a medical condition that you’ve been forced to endure through no fault of your own. Your choice does not fit with our style of cooking. We respect your choice, and expect that you respect ours.”

Don't blame him. His call.

Not judging by the social media responses.

Would you expect a vegan option at a steak house?
Yes. It's good business. My DiL is vegan. my son mostly, but he still enjoys a good piece of meat. My wife prefers chicken to beef. If the 4 of us decide to go to a steak house, we will pick one that offers alternatives to steak as well. The broader the menu, the more business you attract.

And then openly complaining to the restaurant about it. I refuse to eat with those kinds of ilk.

I feel bad when I ask for the dressing on the side, or please no onions. Sometimes servers say, "that's nothing. You have no idea."

It's like people think they can go to a restaurant and tell the cook what to make them.

I feel bad when I ask for the dressing on the side, or please no onions. Sometimes servers say, "that's nothing. You have no idea."

It's like people think they can go to a restaurant and tell the cook what to make them.
That really is the nature of the transaction Sue. You always get asked how you wantyour steak cooked over here. Shocked that it isnt the case in America.

Forum List

Back