Time to Pull the Plug on EV’s

I was more thinking of the niche of people who have money and feel guilty for having money.
Anyone Born With a Silver Spoon in His Mouth Will Always Speak With a Forked Tongue

They want to shame the rest of us into feeling guilty for not having enough money to indulge in mindless decadent fads, also for not having the power and influence to make this nonsense stick.

"Conspicuous Consumption" in Thorstein Veblen's Theory of the Leisure Class was unintentionally ironic, because "consumption" at the time was what usually fatal tuberculosis was called.

I believe the promised bans are there to motivate car manufacturers to develop and come up with EV technology because they won't be able to sell new ICE vehicles from xxxx date (depending on the country).

They will achieve it with less convenient vehicles than the ICE counterparts, but infrastructure will not be anywhere suitable or ready. People will have to change habit (move closer to work etc..) or suffer an expensive EV buy with shit results and inconvenience.

If by then you can't fully recharge and EV as fast as you can fill a tank of gas, or the electrical grid isn't ready to handle the massive power spike every evening at 6PM when people have to home charge their cars, someone has to sue to make those laws go away.

If by then you can't fully recharge and EV as fast as you can fill a tank of gas, or the electrical grid isn't ready to handle the massive power spike every evening at 6PM when people have to home charge their cars, someone has to sue to make those laws go away.
Once a law is signed into law, it's a law. A representative democracy means you've voted for someone to represent you to make laws. Rather than listen to the people, they vote on the basis on what's best for us. That's why most laws are useless.

Maybe each country could do with a new party called the, "Reset Party", to sort out all this woke crap that's be going on for far too long. The marketing slogan can be, "Make the World Normal Again".

Move, ignore and live your life. Works for me. Just because I understand doesn't mean support. You won't see me moving in retirement to those blue states. Doubt I trade for an EV in that time frame either, maybe never. Cheer up.
Why not do R & D on a Hydrogen Peroxide Engine? The By-Products are Water and Oxygen. Just a long term solution. Because Global Warming does not exist.

Why not do R & D on a Hydrogen Peroxide Engine? The By-Products are Water and Oxygen. Just a long term solution. Because Global Warming does not exist.
I am 67, living, retired in the midsouth. I favor all kinds of experimentation. I do not plan to go back to college to participate.

Doubt I trade for an EV in that time frame either, maybe never. Cheer up.
Part of me wants to see the government drive energy market decisions. I think they should outlaw all fossil fuels. It's probably the best way for people to realize what a truly bad idea that really is.

I am 67, living, retired in the midsouth. I favor all kinds of experimentation. I do not plan to go back to college to participate
Part of me wants to see the government drive energy market decisions. I think they should outlaw all fossil fuels. It's probably the best way for people to realize what a truly bad idea that really is.
Not me. I want both cleaner air and modern convenience without total disruption of the economy. I love my SUVs, my air conditioning. I'm happy. Just got off the phone with my brother, looking for a place to kayak. We'll be taking my gasoline powered Jeep and a gasoline powered pickup truck, so neither of us have to hike or hitchhike back to get a vehicle. I'm getting too old for that crap after a day or a day, a night and part of another day on a river, so we can get back to air conditioned civilization (we are under a heat warning with temps to hit 100 degrees and high humidity). Luckily we get our power from TVA which is over 40 something percent nuclear generated, most of the rest from natural gas fired turbines, with a fair amount of Hydroelectric, with some wind and solar for good measure. Wonderful people TVA, a government program that works, supplying low cost power, flood control, navigation, parks, recreation and still turns a profit back into the Federal coffers, as they are not privately own, managed or operated.
Cheer up. I'm almost 68. There are limits to how long people like me will hang around and then you guys can take it back to the stone ages, if you like. Not sure how you will feed the world population, not seeing much headway of solar recharged large agricultural tractors and combines, but not my problem.

Not sure how you will feed the world population, not seeing much headway of solar recharged large agricultural tractors and combines, but not my problem.

Steal the money of the billionaires and give it to the poor.
Then they can go to the store and buy their own food.
(no need to worry about growing it in AOC world)

Steal the money of the billionaires and give it to the poor.
Then they can go to the store and buy their own food.
(no need to worry about growing it in AOC world)
Nah, nah, won't work. Bernie and Elizabeth both lost. What can I say? :dunno:

And use what? Besides ,say the USA outlaws Fossil fuel. Think China or India will follow? Or South America and Africa? There should be research for alternatives. Sure. But LONG term. Solar and Wind are worthless for a high tech society.

And use what? Besides ,say the USA outlaws Fossil fuel. Think China or India will follow? Or South America and Africa? There should be research for alternatives. Sure. But LONG term. Solar and Wind are worthless for a high tech society.
And suffer for our stupidity.

Forum List

Back