Time to buy LED lightbulbs.

Let's see. 120-watts for 10 hours a day (for ease of calculation) will be 1200 watt-hours per day, or 1.2 kWh a day. Multiply that by 365 days a year, and we have 438 kWh a year. U.S. average is $0.12 per kWh, or $52.56 a year.

Most people use far more lighting than that. Nearly every switch in the house turns on at least two bulbs, in some rooms as many as six bulbs. People who aren't energy conscience have at least a dozen bulbs on half the day.
I was just answering the question. Read the post I replied to.
Time to buy LED lightbulbs.

And, you really are spending hundreds of dollar extra each year by not going to LED bulbs.

Please show me where two-60 watt incandescent bulbs burning 6-12 hours per day cost me two hundred dollars a year each.

I much prefer the color.

INcandescent bulbs have therapeutic qualities? Evidence please.

The idiot who who says incandescent bulbs have therapeutic qualities evidence is that he claims to be an expert and that the AMA issued a warning against LED bulbs. Although, on the AMA website (he provided no links), all I could find was a caution against using cool-temp LEDs on street lights (because of their high blue light content), nothing about warm LEDs in homes. But, that same sh1t-for-brains idiot accused me of wanting to "fuck the poor" with LED savings! Truly, he is an idiot.

Incandescents excess heat cost me extra money to pump the heat out of the house 8 months a year.

Incandescent bulbs are the most expensive way to heat a home in winter. So, those incandescent bulbs cost more 12 months of the year.
Read for comprehension. My point was that I have to pay to get rid of heat in the summer. Incandescents for me are doubly inefficient in summer time.

Read for comprehension. My point was that I have to pay to get rid of heat in the summer. Incandescents for me are doubly inefficient in summer time.

You neglected to say that incandescent bulbs cost you more in winter. I added what you left out. There are many idiots, maybe you included, who ignorantly think the incandescent bulbs don't cost extra in winter because the house has to be heated anyway.

Forum List

Back