Time to ban Air Soft/BB guns...at least realistic looking ones

It was just a bizarre post a guy made.

Said he fears cops will.shoot his 16 year old son....because his son runs around town with replica weapons like air soft shooting his friends.

Umm...wow. Then dont let your son run around with a realistic weapon in public pointing it at others.

Excellent point here OP.

But the larger question is -- why does a kid want to run around with a gun in the first place, toy or not? What's his motivation? Who sold him these values?

Who indeed -- gun fetishists here keep telling me "we don't have a gun culture".
Watch this --

Stupefying, innit? Did they actually think there would be no consequences? How do you like the reactions of the cops here?

Spiritual values, as taught by our world. That's severely fucked up. And then we act surprised when it's acted out.

Why is it that we didnt have all these shootings back in those days?
Hell,video games are way worse than any war games we played as kids,maybe you should go after them?

If a grown man can sling a rifle that will shoot live ammo, and walk freely around town and in a cop station without interference from cops, then kids can also...

Saw an interesting post on here. A parent criticized police because his 16 year old son "likes to run around the neighborhood shooting his friends with air soft". Wow. These guns look real. Military and police actual use them in training. Manufacturers make them look real...because kids and adult buyers want them to look real.

Yet...this parent blamed cops for his fear that his son could get shot. Cops recieve calls every day in every city in America over teens with toy guns. Turns out people dont want Air Soft War being fought in Green Acres. Kids and pets and windows and cars...shit gets shot that they dont want to get shot. And almost all of them end ok...cops tell kids to go home and they do.

But..like Cleveland. ..rare but tragic events happen. Most schools shooters are teens. Many teens with hats look adult. Toy guns...look almost identical to real guns.

Yet a parent would say its ok for his adult sized son...to run around with replica weapons throughout the community shooting friends...then demand that cops figure out the difference without looking in the mirror to realize that a parent maybe shouldnt let their kid carry replica firearm in public- and demand society realize its a toy???

Sorry parents. This is on you. If it looks like a gun...we see a gun. The guy said "cops arent soldiers". No...they arent. And neither is your child. So dont give him a replica realistic looking firearm to go play war with in the community and then demand the community figure it out that he isnt yet another whacked out murderous teen.

I saw that post. Sorry the poster is too poor to afford to send their child to a facility that is set up for that kind of activity. My sons also enjoy shooting their buddies with Airsoft guns. They have several that look entirely real. They frequent a local business that is set up just for that sort of activity. If one doesn't want to see teenage boys running around with realistic guns, they best not go to this business.

But if I catch my kids "running around town shooting their buddies with Airsoft" the police will be the least of their worries, and in fact would probably end up being their protectors, from me.

Well said. Let kids shoot them inside their own home or fenced in back yard.

But these parents let their kids run wild throughout the community with realistic looking bb guns...amongst citizens who cant tell the difference. ..in a time in history where mental illness has led many teens to murder others......and these parents blame cops. Wow.
What did you play with as a kid?? Rocks? Oh yeah, those are dangerous also..

This is more of that good old fashion police tyrants wanting to save ourselves from ourselves, fuck the pigs...

I had a bb gun. Mom made me stay in our fenced back yard. Never woulda run around town with it flashing it at people.

When your teen kid runs around town trying to look like he has a real gun...dont be shocked when he convinces people.
We ran all over the neighborhood, the school yards playing guns and no cops ever shot us...this was the 1960's though and cops did not have that shoot first find answers latter attitude. I understand that some areas are dangerous for cops, but all of the USA should not have restrictions on freedoms by those that use their perception of a future proactive mentality....

Times have changed my friend. Time to accept that. When I was a teenager , it was no big deal to have your hunting rifle in your truck when you came to school either. That's not the case anymore obviously.

Saw an interesting post on here. A parent criticized police because his 16 year old son "likes to run around the neighborhood shooting his friends with air soft". Wow. These guns look real. Military and police actual use them in training. Manufacturers make them look real...because kids and adult buyers want them to look real.

Yet...this parent blamed cops for his fear that his son could get shot. Cops recieve calls every day in every city in America over teens with toy guns. Turns out people dont want Air Soft War being fought in Green Acres. Kids and pets and windows and cars...shit gets shot that they dont want to get shot. And almost all of them end ok...cops tell kids to go home and they do.

But..like Cleveland. ..rare but tragic events happen. Most schools shooters are teens. Many teens with hats look adult. Toy guns...look almost identical to real guns.

Yet a parent would say its ok for his adult sized son...to run around with replica weapons throughout the community shooting friends...then demand that cops figure out the difference without looking in the mirror to realize that a parent maybe shouldnt let their kid carry replica firearm in public- and demand society realize its a toy???

Sorry parents. This is on you. If it looks like a gun...we see a gun. The guy said "cops arent soldiers". No...they arent. And neither is your child. So dont give him a replica realistic looking firearm to go play war with in the community and then demand the community figure it out that he isnt yet another whacked out murderous teen.

I saw that post. Sorry the poster is too poor to afford to send their child to a facility that is set up for that kind of activity. My sons also enjoy shooting their buddies with Airsoft guns. They have several that look entirely real. They frequent a local business that is set up just for that sort of activity. If one doesn't want to see teenage boys running around with realistic guns, they best not go to this business.

But if I catch my kids "running around town shooting their buddies with Airsoft" the police will be the least of their worries, and in fact would probably end up being their protectors, from me.

But these parents let their kids run wild throughout the community with realistic looking bb guns...amongst citizens who cant tell the difference. ..in a time in history where mental illness has led many teens to murder others......and these parents blame cops. Wow.

This is more of that good old fashion police tyrants wanting to save ourselves from ourselves, fuck the pigs...

I had a bb gun. Mom made me stay in our fenced back yard. Never woulda run around town with it flashing it at people.

When your teen kid runs around town trying to look like he has a real gun...dont be shocked when he convinces people.
We ran all over the neighborhood, the school yards playing guns and no cops ever shot us...this was the 1960's though and cops did not have that shoot first find answers latter attitude. I understand that some areas are dangerous for cops, but all of the USA should not have restrictions on freedoms by those that use their perception of a future proactive mentality....

And in that era...there werent as many mentally ill people with guns...of all.ages and in all neighborhoods.

Back then seeing a teen with a gun...even a real one...easily assumed the kkd was going hunting or target practicing. Today? Kid may be whacked out on 37 different anti depressants and thinks he sees purple demon starfish chasing him

Times have changed my friend. Time to accept that. When I was a teenager , it was no big deal to have your hunting rifle in your truck when you came to school either. That's not the case anymore obviously.
They do it around here and nobody freaks out, including the police...

Excellent point here OP.

But the larger question is -- why does a kid want to run around with a gun in the first place, toy or not? What's his motivation? Who sold him these values?

Who indeed -- gun fetishists here keep telling me "we don't have a gun culture".
Watch this --

Stupefying, innit? Did they actually think there would be no consequences? How do you like the reactions of the cops here?

Spiritual values, as taught by our world. That's severely fucked up. And then we act surprised when it's acted out.

Hell,video games are way worse than any war games we played as kids,maybe you should go after them?
We didn't have as many rabid gun worshiping RWNJs.

And in that era...there werent as many mentally ill people with guns...of all.ages and in all neighborhoods.

Back then seeing a teen with a gun...even a real one...easily assumed the kkd was going hunting or target practicing. Today? Kid may be whacked out on 37 different anti depressants and thinks he sees purple demon starfish chasing him
People were killed by snipers from roof tops in that era...

If a grown man can sling a rifle that will shoot live ammo, and walk freely around town and in a cop station without interference from cops, then kids can also...
True. But point either one at a cop...you probably get shot.

Oh...and you wonder why SWAT teams got created.

Yes, but they never went after the kids with BB guns...

Yes, but they never went after the kids with BB guns...

That you know of. No internet back then. Im sure sometime in the 60s some teen pointed a bb gun at a cop somewhere in America and got shot.

Excellent point here OP.

Watch this --

Obviously because those are little kids --- the target audience as well as the actors. They needed time to grow up. How'd that all work out, ten, twenty, thirty years later?

That's when you indoctrinate values -- in childhood. The question is, why are we indoctrinating these values? Who came up with the idea that it's 'cool' to shoot and kill things? And what the hell were/are we doing when that value is sold to children?

We get the idea of toys, right? They're not just time-killers, they're educational tools. We gave girls dolls and toy stoves, we gave boys guns. That's telling the kid "here's what your role is when you grow up".

no they don't. No state allows students to have hunting rifles on campus any more.
They do it around here and nobody freaks out, including the police...

You train people with weapons not to....

Train what? You train people NOT to shoot when a gun is raised at them? Never heard of that tactic. You play the staring contest with a gun barrel. See who wins.

Excellent point here OP.

Watch this --

Obviously because those are little kids. They needed time to grow up. How'd that all work out, ten, twenty, thirty years later?

That's when you indoctrinate values -- in childhood. The question is, why are we indoctrinating these values? Who came up with the idea that it's 'cool' to shoot and kill things? And what the hell were/are we doing when that value is sold to children?

We get the idea of toys, right? They're not just time-killers, they're educational tools. We gave girls dolls and toy stoves, we gave boys guns. That's telling the kid "here's what your role is when you grow up".

I dont agree often with you but you make a great point. We socialize our youth in a culture full of guns. And in 20 years...police departments will be hiring kids from this pool. Behavior is learned.

Excellent point here OP.

Watch this --

We didn't have as many rabid gun worshiping RWNJs.

Pretty sure the inhabitants of our nations ghettos are far from "right wing".

You train people with weapons not to....

Train what? You train people NOT to shoot when a gun is raised at them? Never heard of that tactic. You play the staring contest with a gun barrel. See who wins.
Read it again.....I stated that you train people not to point guns at people.. It's a basic rule of weapon usage...

Forum List

Back