Time to ban Air Soft/BB guns...at least realistic looking ones

Not blaming real guns.

Blaming fake ones. Guns arent toys. A wooden gun or the old plastic cowboy guns...obvious fakes. Todays bb and air soft guns are nearly identical to real ones. And with all the mental illness and crazy shootings out there...you cant assume whats a gun and whats a fake gun that looks like a real one. That'll get one killed.

Ban replica guns. So when we see a gun...we see a gun. No debate.

Yeah,there's really no reason to make an airsoft gun look exactly like the real thing.
All they really need is to be camo or flat earth tones.

Real guns are those colors too. If they exist..they need to be TOY colors. Neon green. Baby blue. White.

But of course...then teens will paint them black. And carry them in public. Get shot by a cop. Then cops will.be trashed because it was a toy gun.

That would make them worthless for their intended purpose.
You cant be running around the woods with a bright red gun.

You are correct. The whole point of running around with a toy that is a gun is "I'm dangerous". So you're gonna want it as authentic as you can make it. So yes, that's gonna happen, regardless how the toymaker designs it.

That's why I keep coming back to why the kid needs that kind of power trip to begin with and what it is that's missing in his life.

You appear to have totally missed my point.
Camouflage is necessary when playing war games in the woods.
A brightly colored gun will stick out like a sore thumb.

If you carry a replica gun wearing camo...dont be shocked when you convince others that you might be a threat.

Not blaming real guns.

Blaming fake ones. Guns arent toys. A wooden gun or the old plastic cowboy guns...obvious fakes. Todays bb and air soft guns are nearly identical to real ones. And with all the mental illness and crazy shootings out there...you cant assume whats a gun and whats a fake gun that looks like a real one. That'll get one killed.

Ban replica guns. So when we see a gun...we see a gun. No debate.

Yeah,there's really no reason to make an airsoft gun look exactly like the real thing.

Real guns are those colors too. If they exist..they need to be TOY colors. Neon green. Baby blue. White.

But of course...then teens will paint them black. And carry them in public. Get shot by a cop. Then cops will.be trashed because it was a toy gun.

You are correct. The whole point of running around with a toy that is a gun is "I'm dangerous". So you're gonna want it as authentic as you can make it. So yes, that's gonna happen, regardless how the toymaker designs it.

That's why I keep coming back to why the kid needs that kind of power trip to begin with and what it is that's missing in his life.

No, I got that point. I just thought mine was more relevant to the issue.
The gun gets authenticized either way, we don't disagree on that. There's more than one reason why though. I'm more interested in the long-term psychology. It answers more questions.

If you wanna play war in the woods and look real doing it...join the Army. Grown men in their 30s playing air soft wars in the woods with teenagers has always baffled me.

Read it again.....I stated that you train people not to point guns at people.. It's a basic rule of weapon usage...
Im sure the parents of the kid in Cleveland taught him weapon safety with that replica pistol he pointed at cops.
He didn't point it at any cops. This is what I was saying on the other thread,. you will bend over backwards to defend the bad behavior of cops.

Um...he reached for it...to what? Massage the gun?
The cop jumped out of his vehicle and shot him. The kid simply put his hand in his waistband. The cop should not be a cop.

If YOU are waving a gun around and pointing it at people...then stick it in your waistband. ..and a cop car rolls up....would you reach for the gun or put your hands up???

Those parents carry most of the fault for that. Why was their son out waving a pistol replica at people..then reaching for.it when cops arrive? They have far less reason to.be parents than he has to be a cop.
He wasn't pointing it at people. Why do you lie so much?????????????????????

If you carry a replica gun wearing camo...dont be shocked when you convince others that you might be a threat.

If you're playing on a course I'm pretty sure you're gonna be okay.
I did it for years playing paint ball and didnt get perforated once.

If you wanna play war in the woods and look real doing it...join the Army. Grown men in their 30s playing air soft wars in the woods with teenagers has always baffled me.

It has nothing to do with looking real,it's the camo thats necessary. The gun can look fake as hell as far as i'm concerned,as long as it blends in.
I cant tell you how many noobs I shot just sitting still under a tree.
They'd walk right by you.

The gun gets authenticized either way, we don't disagree on that. There's more than one reason why though. I'm more interested in the long-term psychology. It answers more questions.

Is tag damaging to young psyche as well?
Because thats really all paintball and airsoft are...tag.
And when you play with buddies and actually get to use team tactics to win the game of tag it's a blast. Not sure why you'd have a problem with it.

Saw an interesting post on here. A parent criticized police because his 16 year old son "likes to run around the neighborhood shooting his friends with air soft". Wow. These guns look real. Military and police actual use them in training. Manufacturers make them look real...because kids and adult buyers want them to look real.

Yet...this parent blamed cops for his fear that his son could get shot. Cops recieve calls every day in every city in America over teens with toy guns. Turns out people dont want Air Soft War being fought in Green Acres. Kids and pets and windows and cars...shit gets shot that they dont want to get shot. And almost all of them end ok...cops tell kids to go home and they do.

But..like Cleveland. ..rare but tragic events happen. Most schools shooters are teens. Many teens with hats look adult. Toy guns...look almost identical to real guns.

Yet a parent would say its ok for his adult sized son...to run around with replica weapons throughout the community shooting friends...then demand that cops figure out the difference without looking in the mirror to realize that a parent maybe shouldnt let their kid carry replica firearm in public- and demand society realize its a toy???

Sorry parents. This is on you. If it looks like a gun...we see a gun. The guy said "cops arent soldiers". No...they arent. And neither is your child. So dont give him a replica realistic looking firearm to go play war with in the community and then demand the community figure it out that he isnt yet another whacked out murderous teen.

I agree, here's the problem... "likes to run around the neighborhood..."

Airsoft guns are for the Airsoft gaming areas and other designated sporting areas. Not for running around the neighbors harassing children. If this kid is shot accidentally, it's on the parents, not the cops.

Social darwinism at work.

I agree, here's the problem... "likes to run around the neighborhood..."
Airsoft guns are for the Airsoft gaming areas and other designated sporting areas. Not for running around the neighbors harassing children. If this kid is shot accidentally, it's on the parents, not the cops.
Social darwinism at work.
Congrats on a rational and reasoned post. :clap:
Stopped clocks, they say....

And when you play with buddies and actually get to use team tactics to win the game of tag it's a blast. Not sure why you'd have a problem with it.

I haven't posted about tag or airsoft or paintball. Not even familiar with some of that.
I posted about gun culture and the psychology at work in it.

I haven't posted about tag or airsoft or paintball. Not even familiar with some of that.

Did you read the title of the thread?

How do you think I got here?

Sorry, I do understand "tag" but I can't see how it relates to anything here. The thread is not about Tag. Tag is whether or not something touches you. Baseball does that too but it doesn't kill people. The thread isn't about games; it's about instruments.

Sorry, I do understand "tag" but I can't see how it relates to anything here. The thread is not about Tag. Tag is whether or not something touches you. Baseball does that too but it doesn't kill people. The thread isn't about games; it's about instruments.

You must take paintball way more serious than most.

I've never even seen it.
Stop trying to deflect the topic.

I've never even seen it.
Stop trying to deflect the topic.

Deflect the topic? This is about airsoft and BB guns,paintball guns fit into this category as well.

No, it is not. Read the thread; read the OP. It's about the practice of kids running around with toy authentic-looking firearms and the possible immediate consequences thereof. It's about firearms and impressions of firearms and the implications of impressions of firearms. That doesn't even require a game to be in progress.

No, it is not. Read the thread; read the OP. It's about the practice of kids running around with toy authentic-looking firearms and the possible immediate consequences thereof. It's about firearms and impressions of firearms and the implications of impressions of firearms. That doesn't even require a game to be in progress.

Seriously? Pffft.......... we're done here.

Forum List

Back