Time to Admit Obamanomics has Failed

You're right. Obamanomics has clearly led to a healthy growth rate!
I'll trade your healthy growth rate for a 5% drop in unemployment, thank you.

And it's more like make-it-up-as-you-go-along-onomics.

Agreed.
Both sides have not a clue and just keep trying the things that worked in the past. However this is not the past and is in fact a greatly modified game with new rules.

Defenders of the obamanation look at the title in the pape.

Economy is slowing down
Do you really want the economy to slow down would it be a good thing for it to slow down?

Agreed.
Both sides have not a clue and just keep trying the things that worked in the past. However this is not the past and is in fact a greatly modified game with new rules.

Well we know that Reaganomics worked, and obamanomics compared to other socilist programs doesn't work.

Agreed.
I'm starting to believe the talk of a "lost decade" akin to Japan.

Well we know that Reaganomics worked, and obamanomics compared to other socilist programs doesn't work.
There are many things I liked about Reaganomics, but there is no doubt that his policies have significantly contributed to the ticking debt bomb we are all tied to.

The fact that the Bush Administration, and now the Obama Administration, uses Reagan to justify their fiscal irresponsibility is sickening.

There are many things I liked about Reaganomics, but there is no doubt that his policies have significantly contributed to the ticking debt bomb we are all tied to.

The fact that the Bush Administration, and now the Obama Administration, uses Reagan to justify their fiscal irresponsibility is sickening.

To a point yes but Reagan achived his goal he built up the military to bring down the Russian economy.

Agreed.

That Voodoo economics the GHW Buish spoke of?

Heck Reganomics was the beginning of the end. Well a major one of the many contributors. Quote Cheney, "Reagan proved that the defecit does not matter".

Both Reagan and Bush (and now Obama) spent like mad in Afghanistan...one to help the Mujaheddin, and one to fight it.

Ironic that Afghanistan bankrupted the Soviets, and is now bankrupting us?

---

History is cruel.

Agreed.

That Voodoo economics the GHW Buish spoke of?

Heck Reganomics was the beginning of the end. Well a major one of the many contributors. Quote Cheney, "Reagan proved that the defecit does not matter".

twenty plus years is a great ending. If it was such a bad thing why did Clinton enjoy this so called surplus? Europe can thank Reagan for bring the iron current down Most younger Americans do not realize this but most Europeans do realize this.

That is now starting to be the keynote explanation of the first 20 months of this failed horrible democrat fiasco. It would be hilarious except for the irreparable harm thats been done to our Great Country.
I wish I could claim the creation of the statement but I cannot...Failed Obamanomics as its being called is being reverberated from many different outlets now..and guess what...<gasp> even liberal outlets..shhhh dont let the libs hear that they'll soil their panties

These disgusting overbearing deceitful, lying, democrats have got to go...what doesnt get voted out...should get thrown out and disgraced like rangel and quite lovely <gag> maxine waters...two scuzzballs extraordinaire...OMG did I say something derogatory about a black person...groan, im going to be labeled a racist now..what am I to do...<smirk>

Maybe if the private sector did not ship all of our jobs overseas looking for cheap labor and tax breaks, we would not be in this bind right now.

If you want to blame someone for killing the economy...look at big business.

Perhaps if the US did not have one of the highest corporate tax rates of any country, businesses would stay in this country. Punishing corporations in this manner leads to this result.

It's no coincidence that Christina Romer, chairwoman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, announced her retirement the day before Friday's brutal unemployment report. With 131,000 more jobs lost in July, and downward revisions of 97,000 for the previous two months, it's easy to see why she would start looking for the exits.

Romer is best known for drafting the February 2009 report "The Job Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan," which the White House used as an ammunition belt in the fight to gain passage of its $862 billion economic stimulus bill (the actual cost of which exceeds $1 trillion when interest is included). Romer predicted that following passage of the stimulus bill, unemployment would plateau below 8 percent last fall and by this month register at 7 percent. That's not close enough for government work, as unemployment stands at 9.5 percent today. It would be higher except that hundreds of thousands of frustrated job seekers have given up looking for new jobs and dropped out of the labor force.

Predictably, the stimulus bill has proven to be an extraordinary waste of borrowed money that has failed to create jobs, generate economic growth or do much of anything other than line the pockets of White House political allies. That and give $308 million in subsidies to BP before the Gulf oil spill disaster, and subsidize a study on what happens when monkeys snort coke.

Read it all:

Time to admit Obamanomics has failed | Washington Examiner

This is no surprise to conservatives. We have been telling the "wizards of schmart" that Keynesian policy does not work.

This all boils down to the idea that the government can grow the economy. It can't. All the government can do to help the economy is GET OUT OF THE WAY.

Obama has instead, hampered and intimidated business, and now everyone is afraid to hire, for fear of what Obama will do next.

-1008050-100154469.html#ixzz0wESEq8uX

Of course the stalling economy is no surprise to republicans. After all it's what they have been hoping and planning for since day one of obama's presidency and they started acting as the party of NO. The facts that show how far into "the party of NO" that republicans have gone is the fact that they voted against legislation that they co-signed as well as ideas that they supported just to maintain the status quo.

The right obstructs and stalls any attempt to help the economy because it suits their party's political needs to do so and you wish to pretend that is a good thing? Oh well as usual with the right, the end justifies the means and party before everything.

That is an empty talking point, as the Dems have a majority and still blame the Repubs. They have failed miserably at getting anything accomplished because they are beholding to all the special interests that put them in power. At what point do the dems and their supporters stop blaming everyone and take responsibility for their actions. The arrogance of Obama and his administration will not allow them, even in the face of overwhelming evidence, to admit that govt spending and growing the govt does not work. They set themselves up to fail with their policies so don't blame the repubs for recognizing that the path the dems chose would lead us to where we are.

That is now starting to be the keynote explanation of the first 20 months of this failed horrible democrat fiasco. It would be hilarious except for the irreparable harm thats been done to our Great Country.
I wish I could claim the creation of the statement but I cannot...Failed Obamanomics as its being called is being reverberated from many different outlets now..and guess what...<gasp> even liberal outlets..shhhh dont let the libs hear that they'll soil their panties

These disgusting overbearing deceitful, lying, democrats have got to go...what doesnt get voted out...should get thrown out and disgraced like rangel and quite lovely <gag> maxine waters...two scuzzballs extraordinaire...OMG did I say something derogatory about a black person...groan, im going to be labeled a racist now..what am I to do...<smirk>

You can't disgrace someone who has no conscious awareness that they have done something wrong. It's beyond their grasp of reality.

Last edited:
Holy shit!

Gimme six hits of the mescaline this poster is high on.

And call me Xerxes hereafter, Plonnophites!

Before Obama....5 of the last 6 quarters with negative GDP
Since Obama.....4 consecutive quarters of positive GDP growth

Before Obama.....Stock market dropped 7000 points
Since Obama....Stock market up 3500 points

Before Obama.....Financial Markets in a panic pending collapse
Since Obama.......Financial Markets stabilized

Before Obama......Automotive industry in collapse
Since Obama......Auto Companies stable and paying back loans

Man it's getting bad.

Liberals don't even TRY to defend Obama. They just call names at anyone who points out the guy is a failure.

Remember liberals Rush Limbaugh told you he would fail (I hope he fails) in 2009.

You have no one to blame but yourselves for latching onto this economic Titanic.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

are you really so stupid that you don't get you aren't worth 'debate;. you're too stupid for air and once again, I don't teach pigs to talk... it doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

sad pathetic nutbar :cuckoo:

Holy shit!

Gimme six hits of the mescaline this poster is high on.

And call me Xerxes hereafter, Plonnophites!

Before Obama....5 of the last 6 quarters with negative GDP
Since Obama.....4 consecutive quarters of positive GDP growth

Before Obama.....Stock market dropped 7000 points
Since Obama....Stock market up 3500 points

Before Obama.....Financial Markets in a panic pending collapse
Since Obama.......Financial Markets stabilized

Before Obama......Automotive industry in collapse
Since Obama......Auto Companies stable and paying back loans

But what will happen when the Fed stops pumping money into the private sector to keep it afloat.
IMO, it will crash yet again, unless we have an industry take over.

Maybe if the private sector did not ship all of our jobs overseas looking for cheap labor and tax breaks, we would not be in this bind right now.

Perhaps if the US did not have one of the highest corporate tax rates of any country, businesses would stay in this country. Punishing corporations in this manner leads to this result.

Exxon, one of the biggest most profitable companies in the world, paid NO U.S. federal income taxes in 2009.

lol, so tell us, how much lower should Exxon's taxes be?

Exxon, one of the biggest most profitable companies in the world, paid NO U.S. federal income taxes in 2009.

lol, so tell us, how much lower should Exxon's taxes be?

WTF...Jeff, we currently have 15-35% coporate taxes which depends on how much you make.
6 out of 8 years Reagan had coporate taxes at 50%...and you were still making money hand over fist.

I say go back to the 50% coporate tax rates...

Well, problem solved.

Let's all go to Spain!

What would you have had them do, in early 2009?

Exactly.

entertain us with a detailed answer.

I would have sent each American family $1M tax free. It would have been cheaper AND more effective.

Great. I don't have a family, so once again I get screwed by the breeders. Business as usual.

Seriously, there are roughly 100,000,000 households in the US. A million times 100,000,000 =

Your plan would cost at least 100 times the 2009 stimulus bill.

Forum List

Back