Time Change, accomplishes nothing

When I was a bar manager in Amarillo, I hated it when the whole "fall back" thing came around (I was always working on that night), because it meant the drunks had another hour to drink and get rowdy.

From what I read the problem isn't ending the time change, it's deciding where to permanently leave things. There's a split between leaving it as spring forward or fall back. 🤷‍♂️
To me, falling back is what shouldn't happen because even before we back up our clocks, the daylight already goes away sooner. In other words, backing up our time only makes the daylight come to an end even sooner.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You know, considering the reasons it was enacted, as well as all the confusion that resulted in implementing it, we should just get rid of it all together. Getting up an hour earlier in the spring, as well as having less daylight in the afternoons in the fall doesn't make much sense.

And, when you consider the reasons it was enacted (supposed to conserve energy), which it really doesn't do any longer, we should just get rid of it and let the days wax and wane the way they are supposed to

You know, considering the reasons it was enacted, as well as all the confusion that resulted in implementing it, we should just get rid of it all together. Getting up an hour earlier in the spring, as well as having less daylight in the afternoons in the fall doesn't make much sense.

And, when you consider the reasons it was enacted (supposed to conserve energy), which it really doesn't do any longer, we should just get rid of it and let the days wax and wane the way they are supposed to
Yes, get rid of it in that standard time remains standard time year-round.

Some want to get rid of it by making daylight saving time permeant, which would be a mistake.

Yes, get rid of it in that standard time remains standard time year-round.

Some want to get rid of it by making daylight saving time permeant, which would be a mistake.

I personally don't really care which side of the hour they settle on, I just want them to stop screwing with my clock and sleep cycles.

1667779533588.png

Our devices, phones, watches, cars change the time for us ... we don't really need to think about it.

tell that to the kitchen stove....and try to tell the dogs about time change...two are up and just meandering around...one is settled...the cat is just pissed off as always....one meanderer has given up and laid down with a large thump...

none of us are happy...none of us

Forum List

Back