Three kids die in makeshift heater explosion after landlord shuts off heat during pol

Where do yall live that it takes that long to evict someone? It only took me 45 days. If the LL is in the right, it should not take that long. So far, no one in this story is giving me the warm fuzzies and I am uncomfortable with all of them.

In Ohio you can start the formal eviction process after the tenant is 30 days late. Generally takes 15 - 25 days to wind its way through court. If they still won't get out, another 3-5 days to get the bailiff out to the house for a "forcible eviction".

Then it is bonfire time.

Capitalism for you. landlord more interested in profits than poor kids and their families...fucking assholes. They should be charged with murder.

His tenants agreed to pay utilities. They didn't. If you stopped paying your obligations, would you expect the landlord to let you stay on out of the goodness of his heart?

Oh wait! You don't pay your rent and proudly stated that, didn't you?

Never mind.

This is exactly the reason I do not include utilities in rent.

All of my apartments are metered separately for both electric and gas and the tenants have to deal directly with the utilities.

I pay for lighting the common areas, halls, stairwells and exits etc.

That's what I've done in the past

Where do yall live that it takes that long to evict someone? It only took me 45 days. If the LL is in the right, it should not take that long. So far, no one in this story is giving me the warm fuzzies and I am uncomfortable with all of them.
Here in NC slumlord told me it takes 10 days to evict....if he would just fix shit I would pay him his rent. I paid for a certain place,With WORKING lights and a USABLE wood stove...neither of which he has fixed or responded to so fuck em. I am giving him 100$ every 2 weeks to keep him happy.He seriously thinks I am gonna pay his worthless ass with the income tax refund LOL...

In Ohio you can start the formal eviction process after the tenant is 30 days late. Generally takes 15 - 25 days to wind its way through court. If they still won't get out, another 3-5 days to get the bailiff out to the house for a "forcible eviction".

Then it is bonfire time.

I can't wait till someone pays you back for that. Karma is a bitch.

Here in NC slumlord told me it takes 10 days to evict....if he would just fix shit I would pay him his rent. I paid for a certain place,With WORKING lights and a USABLE wood stove...neither of which he has fixed or responded to so fuck em. I am giving him 100$ every 2 weeks to keep him happy.He seriously thinks I am gonna pay his worthless ass with the income tax refund LOL...

Then it is bonfire time.

ah yes.... says the deadbeat renter....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-badlands/332405-my-landlord-is-a-piece-of-shit.html

Now I am as hard core conservative as one can wish for. Hear me out please,

I was stuck in on of these places called Franklin Oaks. When we got transfered down to Saturn. OMGosh. I had a man coming in and saying I could'nt run my fire place. I'm paying what I am paying and some some son of a bitch tells me I can't rock with my fireplace.

Then it is bonfire time.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-badlands/332405-my-landlord-is-a-piece-of-shit.html

Clean the ear wax out whore. MMk. I know stupidity XXXXX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just buy another heater and run your stove 24/7

Its a freaking wood stove! You know how much that costs? Plus it came with the apartment it was already installed its his job to fix it..its rusted out and barely works. We do have a heater and we have run the stove with it open a crack but since we are paying the electric bill it gets a bit expensive. Oh and he hasn't emptied the septic tank..fucking stinks outside...can't wait to move...

I live in KY, but went to law school in TN. Serving an eviction notice is one thing. Getting them out is another. After the notice, they have 30 days to actually get out. If then don't leave, you have to file with the court, the tenants have to be served with process which they will be doing everything they can to avoid, and a court date has to be set. The court will serve them with a 10 day notice to get out which they can appeal during the 10 days. The landlord can go to the sheriff and file for the sheriff to remove the tenant and his belongings from the property.

The time frames are very straight forward. The time it takes getting a court date and process served is a craps shoot.

Tennessee Eviction

Why was the city still a week away from getting a court order to enter the property? The power had been off for months, according to the article. Why didn't the father ask the city for emergency help? A shelter? What was he thinking, using a propane space heater inside?

This is not in any way a defense of the property managers, but it seems there is a lot of blame to spread around here.

I gotta agree, stay with family,friends,in a shelter,if you're involved in a church sometimes they will find a way to put you up in a hotel or church building,but don't use that type of space heater. Here in CT the homeless shelters were open 24/7 during the polar vortex even though they usually open only at night. Usually the homeless are told to go to a mall,library or soup kitchen for the daytime but it was so cold they let them stay.

That's a shame. I hope those who are responsible for turning off the heat get sued and fined to the max.

Clean the ear wax out whore. MMk. I know stupidity is a passed along trait and obviously you got a double dose of it.

poor thing... you are still a rent skipper....

So the story goes. When as a landlord makes a deal with you, it goes both ways.

did you read NS thread about how he is planning on staying int the place his in for months.... and then skip out on the rent??

Capitalism for you. landlord more interested in profits than poor kids and their families...fucking assholes. They should be charged with murder.

His tenants agreed to pay utilities. They didn't. If you stopped paying your obligations, would you expect the landlord to let you stay on out of the goodness of his heart?

Never mind.

I honestly thought you were not allowed to cut off heat. No matter what.

In CT if there are kids in the house it's not allowed but I don't know about other states.

Clean the ear wax out whore. MMk. I know stupidity is a passed along trait and obviously you got a double dose of it.

Poor thing you are still illiterate. :lol:

did you read NS thread about how he is planning on staying int the place his in for months.... and then skip out on the rent??
Wrong but hey don't let facts get in your way moron. Douchebag slumlord already threatened eviction thing is he does that he can't afford his own bills HAHA...so I am paying 100$ every 2 weeks until middle of February...guess when it comes to capitalists its always picking the evil side not the down trodden's side. He refuses to fix things for HIS home he OWNS that I am renting he refused to uphold his end of the deal first...not me. I am merely reacting to his laziness.

Poor thing you are still illiterate. :lol:

Wrong but hey don't let facts get in your way moron. Douchebag slumlord already threatened eviction thing is he does that he can't afford his own bills HAHA...so I am paying 100$ every 2 weeks until middle of February...guess when it comes to capitalists its always picking the evil side not the down trodden's side. He refuses to fix things for HIS home he OWNS that I am renting he refused to uphold his end of the deal first...not me. I am merely reacting to his laziness.

spin it any way you want.... your said it all yourself in the thread...

you plane on staying as long as possible and skipping out on the rent.

Never mind.

In CT if there are kids in the house it's not allowed but I don't know about other states.

In CT if there are kids in the house it's not allowed

sort of

Connecticut
Date-based yes
Protection Dates November 1 - May 1
Temperature-based no
Seasonal Policy Low-income "hardship" policy - customers are entitled to have gas heat and electric service turned on between 11/1 and 5/1, even if they owe the utility company money, except if gas heat service was provided during prior winter based on "hardship" and service was turned off between 4/15 and 10/31, then, to get service turned on, customer must pay the lesser of $100, minimum payments due under payment agreement, or 20% of debt to gas company when gas was shut off. Customers must apply for "hardship" protection at the utility every fall. Gas and electric utility service must be provided year-round if a lack of service is life-threatening, regardless of debt to the utility.
Other No disconnect for 15 days for illness certified by a physician, certification can be renewed. No disconnect for households with a baby 24 months old or younger that has discharge papers from a hospital on which the attending physician indicated utility service is a necessity for the health and well being of the baby.
Deferred Payments No disconnect if customer agrees and adheres to payment

State Disconnect Policies - LIHEAP Clearinghouse

People think they can do that and get away with it all the time. When an eviction is filed, it goes on a national eviction registry that landlords check all the time. The people who smugly think they got away with skipping out on rent get punished by never finding a place to rent again. Unlike bankuptcy that falls off after ten years, the national eviction registry is forever.

People think they can do that and get away with it all the time. When an eviction is filed, it goes on a national eviction registry that landlords check all the time. The people who smugly think they got away with skipping out on rent get punished by never finding a place to rent again. Unlike bankuptcy that falls off after ten years, the national eviction registry is forever.

:thup:

In CT if there are kids in the house it's not allowed

sort of

Connecticut
Date-based yes
Protection Dates November 1 - May 1
Temperature-based no
Seasonal Policy Low-income "hardship" policy - customers are entitled to have gas heat and electric service turned on between 11/1 and 5/1, even if they owe the utility company money, except if gas heat service was provided during prior winter based on "hardship" and service was turned off between 4/15 and 10/31, then, to get service turned on, customer must pay the lesser of $100, minimum payments due under payment agreement, or 20% of debt to gas company when gas was shut off. Customers must apply for "hardship" protection at the utility every fall. Gas and electric utility service must be provided year-round if a lack of service is life-threatening, regardless of debt to the utility.
Other No disconnect for 15 days for illness certified by a physician, certification can be renewed. No disconnect for households with a baby 24 months old or younger that has discharge papers from a hospital on which the attending physician indicated utility service is a necessity for the health and well being of the baby.
Deferred Payments No disconnect if customer agrees and adheres to payment

State Disconnect Policies - LIHEAP Clearinghouse

What do you want to bet that someone continuing to get hardship free utilities has to be a $500 deposit to get utilities turned on in the next place?

Forum List

Back