Three kids die in makeshift heater explosion after landlord shuts off heat during pol

poor thing... you are still a rent skipper....
Poor thing you are still illiterate. :lol:

did you read NS thread about how he is planning on staying int the place his in for months.... and then skip out on the rent??
Wrong but hey don't let facts get in your way moron. Douchebag slumlord already threatened eviction thing is he does that he can't afford his own bills HAHA...so I am paying 100$ every 2 weeks until middle of February...guess when it comes to capitalists its always picking the evil side not the down trodden's side. He refuses to fix things for HIS home he OWNS that I am renting he refused to uphold his end of the deal first...not me. I am merely reacting to his laziness.

spin it any way you want.... your said it all yourself in the thread...

you plane on staying as long as possible and skipping out on the rent.

plan not plane. Its not skipping on the rent if I am paying you moron. I have said 2 or 3 times I am paying him. As of next week I will have November's rent paid off..only be 1k behind then! :D Let me guess you support him being lazy and not making sure he empties the septic tank which not only stinks but is a health problem,not fixing the lights in the place so we can't see,and oh not replacing or just fixing the old wood stove so we are freezing constantly...Your idiocy is overwhelming. Do you actually bring ANYTHING worth reading to this forum or just like RW and Toro and like to troll threads with idiotic comments?

So the story goes. When as a landlord makes a deal with you, it goes both ways.

did you read NS thread about how he is planning on staying int the place his in for months.... and then skip out on the rent??

People think they can do that and get away with it all the time. When an eviction is filed, it goes on a national eviction registry that landlords check all the time. The people who smugly think they got away with skipping out on rent get punished by never finding a place to rent again. Unlike bankuptcy that falls off after ten years, the national eviction registry is forever.

Is there a registry for slumlords? Its pretty sad when the cops know who he is and absolutely hate him for using a home that's to old to be required under the new laws etc to not be rented like this...He needs to be reported and I will be more than happy to do so. Shit this bastard is to dumb and old to even care about putting me on some registry his little goofy application was 1 page LOL...simplest thing I ever filled out...no background check nothing...just pay me and you can move in.

Wrong but hey don't let facts get in your way moron. Douchebag slumlord already threatened eviction thing is he does that he can't afford his own bills HAHA...so I am paying 100$ every 2 weeks until middle of February...guess when it comes to capitalists its always picking the evil side not the down trodden's side. He refuses to fix things for HIS home he OWNS that I am renting he refused to uphold his end of the deal first...not me. I am merely reacting to his laziness.

plan not plane. Its not skipping on the rent if I am paying you moron. I have said 2 or 3 times I am paying him. As of next week I will have November's rent paid off..only be 1k behind then! :D Let me guess you support him being lazy and not making sure he empties the septic tank which not only stinks but is a health problem,not fixing the lights in the place so we can't see,and oh not replacing or just fixing the old wood stove so we are freezing constantly...Your idiocy is overwhelming. Do you actually bring ANYTHING worth reading to this forum or just like RW and Toro and like to troll threads with idiotic comments?

not quite what you said..... but as i said, spin it any way you want.

you are the very kind of renter that makes it bad on everyone else...... so please, feel free to start up that BBQ in the living room to keep warm.

poor thing... you are still a rent skipper....

That's what scumbags douches do.

So we have a family who was squatting in a house that shouldn't have had people in it, and it's the property owners that they blew up their kids?

I honestly thought you were not allowed to cut off heat. No matter what.

In CT if there are kids in the house it's not allowed but I don't know about other states.

In CT if there are kids in the house it's not allowed

sort of

Connecticut
Date-based yes
Protection Dates November 1 - May 1
Temperature-based no
Seasonal Policy Low-income "hardship" policy - customers are entitled to have gas heat and electric service turned on between 11/1 and 5/1, even if they owe the utility company money, except if gas heat service was provided during prior winter based on "hardship" and service was turned off between 4/15 and 10/31, then, to get service turned on, customer must pay the lesser of $100, minimum payments due under payment agreement, or 20% of debt to gas company when gas was shut off. Customers must apply for "hardship" protection at the utility every fall. Gas and electric utility service must be provided year-round if a lack of service is life-threatening, regardless of debt to the utility.
Other No disconnect for 15 days for illness certified by a physician, certification can be renewed. No disconnect for households with a baby 24 months old or younger that has discharge papers from a hospital on which the attending physician indicated utility service is a necessity for the health and well being of the baby.
Deferred Payments No disconnect if customer agrees and adheres to payment

State Disconnect Policies - LIHEAP Clearinghouse

Well yeah during the warmer weather it can be shut off and should be if you're not paying. The local news makes a big deal out of signing up for hardship and where to go Etc. There are lots of places to turn here for help, local community agency's and programs, but you have to be an early bird and sign up quick cause the red tape takes forever. Equally there are warnings not to use propane and Kerosine heaters and caution about the other kinds as well. Still you don't hear too many reports of fires caused by propane or Kerosine spaceheaters or people frozen to death so the system up here must work pretty well.

Except they aren't slumlords by choice. They don't want anyone in the dilapidated buildings. But losers are moving in anyway, or refusing to leave when the owners decide they can't afford/don't want to renovate, or moving in without the knowledge of the property owners...they (er..you) are forcing these people to be slumlords, then shitting on them when they don't support your decision that they be slumlords.

Is that about right?

Cripes. Try moving into my property and set up house and see what happens...or what happens if you refuse to leave if I decide I want you out. What a loser.

In CT if there are kids in the house it's not allowed but I don't know about other states.

In CT if there are kids in the house it's not allowed

sort of

Connecticut
Date-based yes
Protection Dates November 1 - May 1
Temperature-based no
Seasonal Policy Low-income "hardship" policy - customers are entitled to have gas heat and electric service turned on between 11/1 and 5/1, even if they owe the utility company money, except if gas heat service was provided during prior winter based on "hardship" and service was turned off between 4/15 and 10/31, then, to get service turned on, customer must pay the lesser of $100, minimum payments due under payment agreement, or 20% of debt to gas company when gas was shut off. Customers must apply for "hardship" protection at the utility every fall. Gas and electric utility service must be provided year-round if a lack of service is life-threatening, regardless of debt to the utility.
Other No disconnect for 15 days for illness certified by a physician, certification can be renewed. No disconnect for households with a baby 24 months old or younger that has discharge papers from a hospital on which the attending physician indicated utility service is a necessity for the health and well being of the baby.
Deferred Payments No disconnect if customer agrees and adheres to payment

State Disconnect Policies - LIHEAP Clearinghouse

Well yeah during the warmer weather it can be shut off and should be if you're not paying. The local news makes a big deal out of signing up for hardship and where to go Etc. There are lots of places to turn here for help, local community agency's and programs, but you have to be an early bird and sign up quick cause the red tape takes forever. Equally there are warnings not to use propane and Kerosine heaters and caution about the other kinds as well. Still you don't hear too many reports of fires caused by propane or Kerosine spaceheaters or people frozen to death so the system up here must work pretty well.

i noticed that Conn has a "hardship" policy that can get peoples gas and electric turned on

even if it was already shut off for non payment before November 1st

by entering a into a payment plan

Nice to see idiots taking a slumlords side...course this is the same people who take a capitalists side over a poor person's so not a shocker really.

shut up, why this was posted to begin with when NO ONE can do a damn thing about it but get people like you all hot and bothered on your high horse

Nice to see idiots taking a slumlords side...course this is the same people who take a capitalists side over a poor person's so not a shocker really.

shut up, why this was posted to begin with when NO ONE can do a damn thing about it but get people like you all hot and bothered on your high horse

you have to understand... he is one of the renters who skips out on rent, brags about skipping out on his rent, and then blames it all on the landlord.

Forum List

Back