Three cars you'd love to own!!!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
So.......if you had the $$ which would be your first choices to have parked in your driveway??

For me, its easy.......

1) 1953 Mercedes Benz 300sl Gullwing.

2) 2000 Nissan Skyline GTR

3) 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302

A couple of classics I always lusted over... a '68 Charger:

7447370007_large.jpg

A Porsche 914:
getpic.php

And for the third I'd hire an engineer to make me one of the latter with the styling of the former.

... Or maybe a nice Studebaker:

1964-Studebaker-Avanti-0041.jpg

Last edited:
I rather want a two seater 390 AMX. Think 69 is the choice year.

A front drive El Camino just crossed my mind now that GM has good front drive V8's that are a few years old. Wonder what they can tow.

Back in 1990 I was really impressed with the Diamond Star cars, Eclipse, Laser and Talon. 3,000GT and Stealth almost as much. AWD and light seemed the wave of the future. Maybe I'm just to big to feel comfortable in them cause I failed to pull the trigger.

I rather want a two seater 390 AMX. Think 69 is the choice year.

A front drive El Camino just crossed my mind now that GM has good front drive V8's that are a few years old. Wonder what they can tow.

Back in 1990 I was really impressed with the Diamond Star cars, Eclipse, Laser and Talon. 3,000GT and Stealth almost as much. AWD and light seemed the wave of the future. Maybe I'm just to big to feel comfortable in them cause I failed to pull the trigger.

The AWD Stealth/3000GT was hardly light. The contrary: it was a about 3900lbs!

I don't really know enough about cars to say. Of course, I like the appearance of some of the expensive cars, but I can't help but think of how paranoid I would be if I had a really nice car. I would probably get all upset if it got a ding in it or something. :lol: I don't want to be one of THOSE people, so I'll stick with my crappy Impala. :D

I drive a Chevy P/U.........King cab 8 foot bed.........rubber mats on the floor........no automatic anything.............handle for windows........no auto locks............

WORK TRUCK...........the first thing I did after buying it is throw a piece of metal into the bed to put the first scratch and dent in it...............so no one else would get blamed for the first scratch and dent of a working truck.

It still does the job.

I drive a Chevy P/U.........King cab 8 foot bed.........rubber mats on the floor........no automatic anything.............handle for windows........no auto locks............

WORK TRUCK...........the first thing I did after buying it is throw a piece of metal into the bed to put the first scratch and dent in it...............so no one else would get blamed for the first scratch and dent of a working truck.

It still does the job.

Imagine having a car that cost $50,000 or more though? Yikes. I just know I would be paranoid about it, unless I was wicked rich and could just afford to fix it or replace it whenever. :)

I had a Nissan InfinitiQ45 that I just loved. It was gold colored, power everything, sun roof, leather seats, nice Bose stereo system and speakers. Had a REALLY nice smooth ride. Felt good to drive. Really nice car. Parts for it were outrageously expensive though. Lol.

Driving the Impala is like driving a golf cart kind of. :D

It still does the job.

Imagine having a car that cost $50,000 or more though? Yikes. I just know I would be paranoid about it, unless I was wicked rich and could just afford to fix it or replace it whenever. :)

That's just too much money.........I didn't get the real expensive truck. Others at work have trucks that they paid nearly that and I'd never pay that kind of money for one. My truck is now 7 years old and going strong. Hopefully it will go much further. If not I'll get a used one because they cost too much. I'm gonna run this one for all it's worth.

My favorite car of all time was a 1980 Grand Prix............Ran great and bought it used while stationed in Hawaii.........When I shifted to school in Great Lakes Illinois before going to Norfolk, Virginia I traded it in for a small Nissan Pick Up with a king cab......regretted that as I loved that old car. The Nissan did well until I got t-boned and it got totaled.

My favorite car of all time was a 1980 Grand Prix............Ran great and bought it used while stationed in Hawaii.........When I shifted to school in Great Lakes Illinois before going to Norfolk, Virginia I traded it in for a small Nissan Pick Up with a king cab......regretted that as I loved that old car. The Nissan did well until I got t-boned and it got totaled.

I had a Grand Prix too. :lol: I can't remember the year, but it was an old beater. I think it was from the early to mid 80s maybe.

Forum List

Back