Thread deletions in General

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even tho you dont get the content of a deleted post AUTOMATICALLY, you should get an alert that a post was deleted in a particular thread. That gives you a clue. And if that post gets deleted and warned -- you WILL get the warned post content, but maybe not the other 2 or 15 that were also deleted in that thread.

But we're more than happy to find the content for you if it really helps you post better and NOT do that again.
Yeah. But not during the ban. You guys have provided me with some feedback on other matters. And yeah. It’s been informative enough to allow me to post more in line with what the Board “wants.”

But what if (although it’s not what happened in my case): you ban some poster for some alleged violation where you’re wrong? It’s impossible to even sign-in to correct the injustice(!!!!) during the ban itself.

Yeah. But not during the ban. You guys have provided me with some feedback on other matters. And yeah. It’s been informative enough to allow me to post more in line with what the Board “wants.”

But what if (although it’s not what happened in my case): you ban some poster for some alleged violation where you’re wrong? It’s impossible to even sign-in to correct the injustice(!!!!) during the ban itself.

IF we were wrong -- we apologize and hire a sadistic muscular woman to whip us all. And maybe - give you a free "get out of jail" card next time we pull you over.

Trust me. It's not real easy to get warned/banned at USMB. We usually get it right. We know that because usually the "recently banned" come back MORE angry and complain about US or "letting other side get away with it" --- rather than contesting anything about a rules violation(s).

That would require the maude in question owning up to the deletion...I

angry-maude.jpg

Ironic. I just moved a lame joke thread from History to Humor. Do I have your concurrence on that? How about people that just cant comply with "clean start" titles/oposts? should we just CLOSE those? Maybe BAN them? (eventually after being notified about 3 times they MIGHT get temp banned),

Or dead threads where the last 2 pages are 2 MAJOR CERTIFIED TROLLS locked in death grudge match? Think we're gonna delete 3 pages of bad flaming to SAVE that thread?

Mods are all oriented into trying to SAVE threads as a top priority. Sometimes we spend TOO MUCH time cleaning threads to save them. And most threads have degraded to crap by day 3.

You like "crap" laying around? So that then people can point to it and say -- "why do you let them get away with it"?
Give him a pooper scooper and make him pick up after himself......... :)

Talk about a bunch of fucking whiners!! DAYAMN!!!!!!! People, get over yourselves, it's just a messageboard it's not like it's a life and death situation. And you all are supposed to be fucking adults!!!!!! :rofl:

Some of you are yet to ever admit you were wrong even when blatantly so.

We've discussed this for years. You demand mods get canned, but focus only the grudges you have with their PERSONAL content on the boards. And when we talk about moderation actions when they are moderating, they do sometimes get reversed and you know that.

We try to select mods with demonstrated people skills. That's the most important factor. And it's IMPOSSIBLE now to find any potential recruits that ARE NOT politically polarized in some degree. The CURRENT staff is MORE politically neutral and common sense than most of the membership,

Let's hope THIS staff leads long healthy lives, because I dont see a future for the board if YOU had to draft a NEW staff today or tomorrow. Should we democratically ELECT mod staff? Draft folks that dont even really want to volunteer?

You KNOW this crap should be in PM. Because, this is not the venue for continuing this set of grudges you carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back